Alex Shutterstock

We’re excited to announce the launch of Shutterstock Select, our premium royalty-free footage.

These videos are created by industry professionals using cinema-grade cameras and lenses. The content is diverse — from authentic lifestyle moments to high-impact action shots — and only in HD and 4K.

We’ve seen increasing demand from customers for this kind of top-quality content. To keep our place as the industry leader for stock footage, we decided to launch Shutterstock Select as a new home for premium content.

We're launching Shutterstock Select with a highly-curated set of videos and contributors. At the moment the program is by invite only, but we are working to opening it up to the larger network in the future. We'll be in touch when this changes. In the meantime, take a look at our FAQs.  

As always, thank you for your continued support and participation on our marketplace!

When I do a general search of the new $399 Select clips on my mobile, I get dozens of near duplicate and similar clips by Eighth Wonder.  The only clips at the top of the search tree in this new exclusive section are by Eighth Wonder. What on earth is going on between Shutterstock and Eighth Wonder? might rename my profile Nineth Wonder. Maybe if that might help.

$399.00 each clip. I looked..... Hmmmmmmm. good Luck. Whats the commission? not to Long ago we got a good commission also then ....Just like stills you ruined the database and Our footage became worthless. Alex Just posted so I assume He's still Here. I sincerely Hope so. he was the Only one Lately, Meaning the last 2 years that gave us any reality to the truth we need to continue. many feel This site Is Imploding in on itself except for the whooHoo Gang and try to run a site with just those folks........ I used to give out that address to folks who Posted That got no response. Guess thats over. they wanna get more secretive and continue with the worst communication on the Internet with the "Don't tell them anything and they will do whatever we want.. God Bless and good Luck. Wheres Anthony working Now???? Some know what I mean.

Ya Know someday.....Somehow....those who work here will respect us Because "WE" pay there salaries. I ask a question on another site I get a answer in a few Hours. Why Not here? don't they make enough to get that done?? Does "To Big to Fail"   ring a Bell??

Instead of 38 cents....I would settle for 35 Cents and Hire some real curators and Not Just folks who wanna work in there Pajamas........REALLY.

40 minutes ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

This might explain the "broken" search over the weekend.

Also shows contempt for normal users.  "Select" premium commissions whilst giving normal people $1.50 per club.

This is how they solved the opt out option from the $1.5 club of precious RED camera footage.The rest doesn't count.

9 hours ago, Josef Pittner said:

Will contributors be getting $1.50 per download of stock footage?  Asking for a friend.

There's no way they could do that. A complete RED rig is a $30k+ investment. It would take contributors decades to make that back at $1.50 commission.

19 minutes ago, Dimitrios Vlassis said:

Does this mean that the rest of us who don`t have "cinema-grade cameras and lenses" don`t stand a change to sell any footage?

I think it only means that we are not going to be in the Select, since we don't have those tools, if this is a condition to be there. But, as the domination of Eight wonder, Crossroads and the other guys over the entire database ended, I don't see why can't we sell in the standard section like before. I didn't see any change in footage sales in the last several days, of course it's too early to tell for sure.

Red or Sled....I don't see how or really why that makes a difference in the overall scene... File size?. Content is all there is and pretty Much what Video is. fancy camera? I don't fall for it and 444 and 422?...been around a long time.Not Buying the Hype or drinking the koolaid. sorry. just Like stills. Lots of footage Here is worth a $1.50 and Lots are worth a Lot More.Im more dissapointed at you Footage submitters for letting this happen. a $1;50? for good useable content? embarrassing. And these massive spam Ports?. My god, Really? I would Like to know who OK'ed this type of thing and If there going to do something about it..

How about a VP of content Come in and tells us what the Plan is. Communication has never, Ever been a strong Point of SS But Aren't we entitled to a explanation?It's our time that equals Our Income and I/we think that would be fair.

19 minutes ago, Dipali S said:

What will the compensation be for the rest of us, I mean NOT the Select or premium royalty-free footage? Will it decrease or remain the same?

Don't give them such ideas. Why would it decrease? Why not raise?

10 hours ago, Dipali S said:

I don't think this should have been selected for the SELECT/ Preminum royalty-free footage. It's too shaky, just the camera does not cut it to get selected.

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1019195731-sherry-drink-cocktail-on-ornate-marble-topped

Geez I’m loath to criticise other people’s work , but I have agree with Diplali. I also have to agree with Lauren that having a RED doesn’t guarantee anything about quality or creativity.  

Most of my footage is shot on the F55 which is used to shoot blockbuster series like The Crown, but it’s not a RED so no invite likely here. But around 100 of my recent clips are filmed on a sub-$1K Sony RX100VI. I’m not the greatest cameraperson but if I wasn’t happy with the quality of the work (and I often aren’t), I wouldn’t upload it.

It reminds me of the story of the well-known cinematographer who attended a fancy New York dinner party. The host complimented the cinematographer on the quality of his work. “You must have a really good camera”, said the host.

Upon leaving the apartment, having enjoyed a beautiful meal, the cinematographer thanked the host, “That was a beautiful meal. You must have a really good oven.”

8 hours ago, Dipali S said:

I don't think this should have been selected for the SELECT/ Preminum royalty-free footage. It's too shaky, just the camera does not cut it to get selected.

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1019195731-sherry-drink-cocktail-on-ornate-marble-topped

That’s pretty much exactly how things looked any time I had too much sherry! 😛

4 hours ago, Powerhouse Productions said:

Geez I’m loath to criticise other people’s work , but I have agree with Diplali. I also have to agree with Lauren that having a RED doesn’t guarantee anything about quality or creativity.  

Most of my footage is shot on the F55 which is used to shoot blockbuster series like The Crown, but it’s not a RED so no invite likely here. But around 100 of my recent clips are filmed on a sub-$1K Sony RX100VI. I’m not the greatest cameraperson but if I wasn’t happy with the quality of the work (and I often aren’t), I wouldn’t upload it.

It reminds me of the story of the well-known cinematographer who attended a fancy New York dinner party. The host complimented the cinematographer on the quality of his work. “You must have a really good camera”, said the host.

Upon leaving the apartment at the end a beautiful meal, the cinematographer thanked the host, “That was a beautiful meal. You must have a really good oven.”

That Line is a great One to use. theres a Arri Alexa Mini for 1900+ On ebay. 3 Doors away Theres a cameraman that shoots for Spielberg and the Coen Bros Projects. he said I can use any camera he has to do Penny stock. We both Laughed and I said No Thanks, Im done with that part of it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282223435347