Maxal Tamor

SPAMFOLIO… Post here the link of spammy portfolios you find on Shutterstock

Post here all spamfolios you can find on the Shutterstock site 

Here, for example, why to allow all the possible pairs, when one image for each country could be enough, and then the customer can choose the couple of images he needs and put them together?

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/ayaz.ck?page=1&section=1&sort=newest&search_source=base_gallery&language=en

Not every customer is that advanced to carry putting them together out. But the question is, how the entire bunch managed to get through the review process when our imagery is rejected for overly similar upon submitting just two images with slight variations?

LOL  and only LOL   LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 

It seems that rejection reasons are not the same for all contributors.

" Similar Content: This image is too similar to another image that has already been submitted or published. "

1 hour ago, MaDedee said:

It seems that rejection reasons are not the same for all contributors.

" Similar Content: This image is too similar to another image that has already been submitted or published. "

Yes, this is total bullshi!

Some of us get rejections for uploading two similar images, and here are dozens of not just similar but basically identical ones. What gives?

19 minutes ago, Mark Godden said:

Quite depressing actually.

Yes, depressing - I'd rather be pretty unsuccessful albeit with a few images I at least feel good about than having thousands of images which seem to have been made in a frenzy or obsession. Can't really believe though these kind of portfolio's bring in any substantial money - the opposite I think: I suspect months without a single download. Which amount to an hourly rate of cents.

1 hour ago, J. Quendag said:

Can't really believe though these kind of portfolio's bring in any substantial money - the opposite I think: I suspect months without a single download.

That's not the problem. The problem is that these spamfolios by sheer volume will manage to clog up page after page of the search results, until the buyer gets frustrated and either goes away or buys one of those just to be done with it.

37 minutes ago, Simone Hogan said:

That's not the problem. The problem is that these spamfolios by sheer volume will manage to clog up page after page of the search results, until the buyer gets frustrated and either goes away or buys one of those just to be done with it.

Seems this can be easily solved by SS by giving customers an ability to ignore/block contributors from their own search results (whether permanent or during that particular search session). One click and you filter out all the spam from the given contributor.

1 hour ago, Simone Hogan said:

That's a dim view of the quality of the search algorithms, and the intelligence of buyers. Yet: when I did a test, and searched for 'beautiful seaside clouds' - the latest great series of images by serhiiparkhomenko, I got half a page of 'real' images, than some hundred pages of our beloved contributor from Poland, and then some more 'real' images. So: you are right, the search algorithm is not intelligent enough to counter this nonsense. All these images of the glorious sun have the same title, and keywords. One suspects an automated process. Maybe an upload by FTP and an 'accomplicing' act somewhere within (the partners maybe) of Shutterstock? But to what end? To get a subscription for 750 images a months, when fully executed, might result in more earnings for the contributor than the costs of the subscription? Or: downloads by a dishonest employee within a firm that has a sort of corporate plan to download loads of images?* And to avoid triggers when an image is downloaded to often by the same buyer, these large number of similar images, each with an unique id? That would also account for the fact that these images end up relatively high within the search results - because they are downloaded often. Would that be the scam? Or is it just someone with an obsession? There has to be an explanation - it would seem impossible to fool the reviewers to this extend, however cleverly you spread the submissions.

**I remember a story of a person who did some cleaning of an office. He registered a 'toll-phone line' (do not know the exact English phrase) for which, when you call it, you're charged say a dollar a minute. Than, before leaving the office as the last person, he would dial his own number, than leave the phone so that it would keep on calling all night.

15 hours ago, J. Quendag said:

Yes, depressing - I'd rather be pretty unsuccessful albeit with a few images I at least feel good about than having thousands of images which seem to have been made in a frenzy or obsession. Can't really believe though these kind of portfolio's bring in any substantial money - the opposite I think: I suspect months without a single download. Which amount to an hourly rate of cents.

Real question is not why those "persons" upload crap like this and how much they earn from it. Real question is why it is accepted by SS ? 

14 minutes ago, MaDedee said:

Real question is not why those "persons" upload crap like this and how much they earn from it. Real question is why it is accepted by SS ? 

most likely because Photo reviewers earn bonuses from QTY reviewed, and to earn more they CHEAT and spend not 1 hour, but just 2 seconds "Choose all - click - accept"