Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51

submission limit for images

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Two suggestions:

1. You reduce your text size. This huge one gives me a headache. 

2. You take a rest from uploading. Maybe Sstock thinks you have enough images and is hinting you could do something else. There are lots of options: go for a walk, cook a meal, visit friends (if social distancing allows); read a book; write a book; watch a film; make a film. Enjoy your day 😊

Sorry brother, I have a job, no time for that, why do I stop when I like to do it? What is a pain in the ass is that these photos are already in all the other agencies and that they sell, and not of offense but sorry for the headaches, take a pill 💊

And by the way, i love your photo of ambulance 💗

Winchester, Hampshire/England - July 5 2019: Emergency Ambulance of Event Paramedic Services parked in Winchester

Waterlooville, Hampshire/England - March 21 2020: The Blood Runners van people who give up free time to transport emergency blood between hospitals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

Please wait 24 hours

Hey Jose, I love your photos, but the latest batch is really off. 
For one thing, it's not okay to litter the entire island of Cyprus with your empty beer cans. 
For another, it would have been enough to drag 2 or 3 of these artworks into the public eye. 
Then you wouldn't have exceeded your limit yet. 

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.28385831c61bfd5afd9aa40134a02a14.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, geogif said:

Hey Jose, I love your photos, but the latest batch is really off. 
For one thing, it's not okay to litter the entire island of Cyprus with your empty beer cans. 
For another, it would have been enough to drag 2 or 3 of these artworks into the public eye. 
Then you wouldn't have exceeded your limit yet. 

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.28385831c61bfd5afd9aa40134a02a14.JPG

ARE YOU JEALOUS, i drink a lot  ??? 🤣🤣

Berlin, Germany, May 6., 2020: Nike motto "just do it" on the window display of a shop in the center of berlin

😂 

Hannover, Germany, May 23., 2020: Police car with policemen waiting in front of it at the edge of a demonstration behind a barrier

NICE, I LOVE IT 💗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

NICE, I LOVE IT

Thank you, this praise from your mouth is a real honor. 

But apart from you and me:
The sale of photos in the SS have been less effective since June 1st than before. 
At the moment there are several efforts to get SS at least to think and to communicate with the contributors. 
@Alexandre Rotenberg has put some together here:

https://brutallyhonestmicrostock.com/2020/06/13/shutterstock-earnings-cut-hitting-them-where-it-hurts/


Couldn't you stop your activities with SS at least for the rest of the month (better the rest of the year) to give more weight to these efforts? Then you would have no problem with the limit. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, geogif said:

communicate with the contributors

Shutterstock, like the other agencies WORKS for me, I don't work for them, and my huge ego makes me believe that they need me more than I need them, it must be an honor for them to have me as an employer and not employed, and sorry but I don't care what happens to other contributors, how much I spit on it or it made fun of me or my work, well now, I laugh, and I don't am not an artist, I do not have this claim and always follow my instinct, and for the moment my egoist work pays rather well 992,859 photos in 11 agencies, in progress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

And what do you think about my last upload ??

I like this kind of photos and a few of this kind are also in my PF. 
With you it is much too much similars for me (as always, but that's your style). But we leave that aside.

Otherwise I think that you give away a lot of potential by too much rush. With architecture photos you usually have enough time. To align the lines, to choose the cut-out skillfully and to make the composition interesting. 
You should use this time. 

I'm not sure if you should continue with that. As far as I can see (but I am a half-blind stupid amateur) your strength lies in street photography, a completely different field. 

The one I like most ist this one:

limassol-cyprus-june-13-2020-600w-175557

Whereby, decently aligned and slightly reworked it would be even better to my taste:

Unbenannt_1.thumb.jpg.0b0d7a7a6a357d22d08764e26aec6623.jpg

 

 

 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, geogif said:

Otherwise I think that you give away a lot of potential by too much rush. With architecture photos you usually have enough time. To align the lines, to choose the cut-out skillfully and to make the composition interesting. 
You should use this time. 

1029/5000
 
 
 
I know you're right, I should take my time to take a picture but I can't. I work instinctively, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work but I do not try to change my operating mode, When I see what the customers buy I tell myself that I am right and I always follow this that customers have been buying for years. For the moment I have 50,000 architectural photos and this is one of the areas that pays the best for all agencies combined, my specialty is the generic editorial photo and for this there is no artistic rule as long as it is accepted by the agency, it suits me, and often it will suit a client. Taxi, police, ambulance, people, I am fortunate to have a press card and also work for newspapers so I do a global job and I do nothing what the artistic contributors do here and in my opinion , they should post elsewhere and be recognized for their real work as an artist, nothing to do with my work so it's incomparable
sometime im feel like a artist lol
Tel Aviv Israel January 11-2018 View of building in the city of Tel Aviv in Israel
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

I should take my time to take a picture but I can't. I work instinctively, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work

I understand that very well. 
When I travel, I do the same. 
However, street photography makes me more and more difficulties, I can't run so fast anymore. 
I have now, according to my age, turned more to landscape photography. 
And the first results were really bad. 
What helped me then was the use of a tripod.
Even when I was sure not to need one. 
A tripod forces you to take your time and be selective. 
Cumbersome, often annoying, but it helps.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, geogif said:

I understand that very well. 
When I travel, I do the same. 
However, street photography makes me more and more difficulties, I can't run so fast anymore. 
I have now, according to my age, turned more to landscape photography. 
And the first results were really bad. 
What helped me then was the use of a tripod.
Even when I was sure not to need one. 
A tripod forces you to take your time and be selective. 
Cumbersome, often annoying, but it helps.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Agree with you, often in the street I make a tripod with an empty can, a glass of coffee to take away, the roof of a car or anything as long as it gives a different angle of view,

this photo is made with a empty beer can

Jerusalem Israel May 31, 2018 View of the street of the old city of Jerusalem from the ground in the night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I too don't understand the submission limit. When millions of images are disappearing off the database, you would think they would want to make things easier for people who still submit 20,000 images a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, balajisrinivasan said:

Yeah, I too don't understand the submission limit. When millions of images are disappearing off the database, you would think they would want to make things easier for people who still submit 20,000 images a day.

Nice portfolio bro 💗

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dear Jose, your portfolio is huge, about twenty times mine, and above all beautiful. But what I ask myself: often your images are very similar and I have the impression that you only work on quantity as you yourself admit. Although it is a quantity of good quality.
Isn't it counterproductive to "drown" potential customers with dozens of more or less similar images?
I ask you because I too do something similar, with street and travel photos, and after almost three years I have no excellent results in general. But if I were more selective in the choice of uploads would I get better results?
It is also true that many of the photos I sell are among the ones I would have thought were least interesting.
I would say that I am confused, and besides the collapse of commissions, I am not understanding much about the commercial and editorial dynamics of microstocks.
A piece of advice from you, from the top of your 140000 shots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  I forgot: I am a little envious and jealous.
And I think all in all it's a good thing to have a high regard for own ego and own job. Even a certain self-irony and light-heartedness.
Here we say: who does not love me does not deserve me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Stefano Barzellotti said:
  I forgot: I am a little envious and jealous.
And I think all in all it's a good thing to have a high regard for own ego and own job. Even a certain self-irony and light-heartedness.
Here we say: who does not love me does not deserve me.

Your photos are beautiful but they are also drowned in the mass of million photos available, The most important is first to find a photographic niche, for example for me these are the generic editorial photos, Bus, taxi, police, motorcycle , army, street sign, street, people etc ... in snapshot mode
Then do not be afraid of the quantity as long as you show a different angle and point of view, I only copy the example of artists who make hundreds of vectors of a model by changing the typo and colors , on the other hand to them did not point out to them that their work is very similar, Finally your photos are artistic editorials, thing that I do not know how to do, I am a little jealous of you on this subject, I do not consider not as an artist and I consider that the agencies work for me and not the reverse, also defined who will be the customers who will buy you your photos, for me for example, I simply opened the newspapers and magazines, consulted news sites and judged if I could do better,
Here I hope that these advices will help you but tell you well that if you want to succeed work with all the agencies at any price and the more you will be seen, the more you will be sold, for info this morning I total 996 381 photos represented in 11 agencies

This is for exemple the last niche i decide to grow after some research

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/JoseTravelChannel?searchterm=motorcycle&sort=popular

4,648 motorcycle stock photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jose. I think I understand what is your photographic philosophy and your "commercial" approach.
Your advice is highly appreciated by me. My photos are mainly taken during my travels and I have always tried not to overdo the shots and look for the best shots. Exactly what you don't recommend doing. I have to learn to divide between the photos to sell and those to see with friends. In fact, outside of my travels, I don't shoot much. I will try to choose a theme, perhaps among those that are among the most requested, and to produce dozens of shots with different angles and visions. This if and when I get angry with the reduction of commissions and I will return a little desire to spend time editing and tagging images.
It is not my main job but some extra money does not disturb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 1:18 PM, Steve Barze said:

Thanks Jose. I think I understand what is your photographic philosophy and your "commercial" approach.
Your advice is highly appreciated by me. My photos are mainly taken during my travels and I have always tried not to overdo the shots and look for the best shots. Exactly what you don't recommend doing. I have to learn to divide between the photos to sell and those to see with friends. In fact, outside of my travels, I don't shoot much. I will try to choose a theme, perhaps among those that are among the most requested, and to produce dozens of shots with different angles and visions. This if and when I get angry with the reduction of commissions and I will return a little desire to spend time editing and tagging images.
It is not my main job but some extra money does not disturb.

And dont forget to work with all the micro stock agencies, Shutterstock allowed this because they dont offert exclusif, This is my list for exemple

DEPOSIT PHOTOS 147 468 PHOTOS

SHUTTERSTOCK 133 986 PHOTOS

POND5  128 544 PHOTOS

MOSTPHOTOS 119 544 PHOTOS

123RF 98 966 PHOTOS

DREAMSTIMES 96 581 PHOTOS

ALAMY 79 200 PHOTOS

ISTOCK 72 830 PHOTOS

BIGSTOCK 72 492 PHOTOS

EYEEM 34 200 PHOTOS

ADOBESTOCK 17 999 PHOTOS

GETTYIMAGES EXCLUSIF 870 PHOTOS

TOTAL PHOTOS ONLINE 1 MILLION, 

you should to post allover, and each agency will choose to accept some and some but at least you touch all kind of customers

INCOME BETWEEN 2000 AND 4000 US DOLLARS MONTH

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

And dont forget to work with all the micro stock agencies, Shutterstock allowed this because they dont offert exclusif, This is my list for exemple

DEPOSIT PHOTOS 147 468 PHOTOS

SHUTTERSTOCK 133 986 PHOTOS

POND5  128 544 PHOTOS

MOSTPHOTOS 119 544 PHOTOS

123RF 98 966 PHOTOS

DREAMSTIMES 96 581 PHOTOS

ALAMY 79 200 PHOTOS

ISTOCK 72 830 PHOTOS

BIGSTOCK 72 492 PHOTOS

EYEEM 34 200 PHOTOS

ADOBESTOCK 17 999 PHOTOS

GETTYIMAGES EXCLUSIF 870 PHOTOS

TOTAL PHOTOS ONLINE 1 MILLION, 

you should to post allover, and each agency will choose to accept some and some but at least you touch all kind of customers

INCOME BETWEEN 2000 AND 4000 US DOLLARS MONTH

 

May I ask you: 

Are you satisfied with the income you will have left with all the work for keywording and uploading of thousands of images at 12 different agencies, the costs for hard- and software and storage media, camera-equipment and in relation to your total amount of images at the end of the month?

If I look at your travel expenses, flights, accommodation costs, travel expenses alone - on the first page of your portfolio - Israel, Italy, Nepal, India, Greece, France, Netherlands, Sri Lanka - all that from $ 3000 ??? What do you have left to live on?


On top of that your costs will remain the same, but your income at shutterstock will decrease. I don't know how much it is, but let's say $300-400 so far per month?. It will be 20% less over the year I guess.


That would not be for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

May I ask you: 

Are you satisfied with the income you will have left with all the work for keywording and uploading of thousands of images at 12 different agencies, the costs for hard- and software and storage media, camera-equipment and in relation to your total amount of images at the end of the month?

If I look at your travel expenses, flights, accommodation costs, travel expenses alone - on the first page of your portfolio - Israel, Italy, Nepal, India, Greece, France, Netherlands, Sri Lanka - all that from $ 3000 ??? What do you have left to live on?


On top of that your costs will remain the same, but your income at shutterstock will decrease. I don't know how much it is, but let's say $300-400 so far per month?. It will be 20% less over the year I guess.


That would not be for me.

I really love my life, I am not rich, but I travel, I love my job and I do whatever I want, for me it's more than enough, I will not complain.
And I agree with you, this is not the life I wish for someone, no house, no roots, all the time in travel, no family life, no dog or real friends , all the time on hot spots, and even sometimes in war zones like in Palestine, or with riots and stones that rain everywhere, tear gas, bulletproof, helmet and work in the street, in airports, in the big cities, Tel Aviv, Rome, Athene, Paris, Amsterdam ... And doing keywording, Lightroom, finding the right internet connection, being entirely nomadic is not for everyone, But it suits me, it it's not office work, I don't even count the hours of work, it would amount to you being paid 5 dollars an hour, but when you choose this life you cannot reduce it to a normal salary report, for me it is priceless and frankly we are a few with this work to live like that but we are still not a lot, And finally I do not consider myself an artist or a great photographer but I still do well, published daily in newspapers around the world, I found my niche and its amazing, lucky me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...