Reason To Reduce payments from $.25 to $.10 

So Shutterstock thinks that this is a good compensation model for its content creators. 

I began to upload content in 2017. I have uploaded 589 files and have had 67 images downloaded for total earnings of $21.39.

As of 6/10/2020 I have not reached the default minimum payout of $35.00.

Clearly I am not uploading content as a means of supporting my financial needs. 

This can not even be used to supplement my income. 

With the introduction of the new plan it is clear that this company doesn't value the creators on its platform. 

Creators talking about disabling their account over this slap in the face by management means nothing to Shutterstock. 

Moving portfolios have been suggested. 

This is what I believe as a novice photographer and contributor that if Shutterstock does not receive fresh content there is no Shutterstock period. 

If those of you on this platform will not upload any content for just 30 days this plan WILL change. 

I am not saying delete or disable or even move on to a different agency. 

30 days of NO NEW CONTENT what Shutterstock does has absolutely no meaning to me. 

I have been on the platform for 3years and I still can't access the money I have earned. 

30 DAYS OF NO NEW CONTENT will make our voices heard by this agency. 

So by adding new content you will be in agreement that you will create for only$.10 and then quit complaining about the unfairness of the policy. 

#justmyopinion

On 6/10/2020 at 3:18 PM, Hegearl said:

So Shutterstock thinks that this is a good compensation model for its content creators. 

I began to upload content in 2017. I have uploaded 589 files and have had 67 images downloaded for total earnings of $21.39.

With the introduction of the new plan it is clear that this company doesn't value the creators on its platform. 

Creators talking about disabling their account over this slap in the face by management means nothing to Shutterstock. 

This is what I believe as a novice photographer and contributor that if Shutterstock does not receive fresh content there is no Shutterstock period. 

If those of you on this platform will not upload any content for just 30 days this plan WILL change. 

30 days of NO NEW CONTENT what Shutterstock does has absolutely no meaning to me. 

I have been on the platform for 3years and I still can't access the money I have earned. 

So by adding new content you will be in agreement that you will create for only$.10 and then quit complaining about the unfairness of the policy. 

#justmyopinion

Regarding "only $.10", that is only the minimum. I don't care for that number, of course, but I consider the whole pay table, not just the minimum.

For example, while I have received many $.10s, I have also received several payments greater than $10 already and my June is larger so far than my total in May.

SS' stock price plummeted, due to customers cancelling their subscriptions and not buying very many images, due mainly to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Instead of SS CEOs taking a pay cut, which they should've, they cut contributors' minimum pay.

I'm happy to report that, in addition to quite a few $.10s, I'm also seeing some $.40 subs, which are more than the $.33 I was getting, plus for some strange reason my video sales are improving.  I'm not complaining.

As I have stated I have contributed since 2017 and have not qualified for the default minimum payout. 

If you believe that it is in your best interests to accept the condition in the new pay structure that's cool.

I was speaking to those contributors who are advocating disabling or deleting their accounts as a way of protesting Shutterstock's new policies. 

NO NEW CONTENT is a more effective way of voicing the issue. 

#justmyopinion

19 hours ago, Hegearl said:

As I have stated I have contributed since 2017 and have not qualified for the default minimum payout. 

If you believe that it is in your best interests to accept the condition in the new pay structure that's cool.

I was speaking to those contributors who are advocating disabling or deleting their accounts as a way of protesting Shutterstock's new policies. 

NO NEW CONTENT is a more effective way of voicing the issue. 

#justmyopinion

I agree and I HAVEN'T been contributing much for the last year anyway. 

I started producing audiobooks in 2018 through A_X.  I've got 8 projects under my belt. I did 1 for flat rate $100 per finished hour, 6 for royalty share and 1 for a mix of both.

So far, in 2 years, audiobooks have generated me about $1,800, 2x more than stock photography and video did in the first 2 years.

26 minutes ago, Hegearl said:

I hope so, but I am not very confident.

Nevertheless I decided to stop uploading.

Not only for June, but for the rest of the year.

My fotos go to several other agencies.

I have seen my first .10 payout...to be honest is was like a punch in the gut...2 years of school...working overtime for a job I hated to be able to buy the best equipment...hours of keying info....I should just keep my pictures to myself ... for my own enjoyment...I will not be uploading any more content... i would rather be shooting for me

40 minutes ago, stockphotofan1 said:

Regarding "only $.10", that is only the minimum. I don't care for that number, of course, but I consider the whole pay table, not just the minimum.

For example, while I have received many $.10s, I have also received several payments greater than $10 already and my June is larger so far than my total in May.

Justin

The fact that you have 25,000+ images and 130+ videos in your portfolio doesn't hurt you. 

I'd be I interested to know how many downloads you've had since June 1st. 

Subs? OODs?

44 minutes ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

I'm happy to report that, in addition to quite a few $.10s, I'm also seeing some $.40 subs, which are more than the $.33

Now imagine if all of your subs were 0.38. Those 0.40s wouldn't look so great and all of the 0.10s that replaced the 0.38 would look pretty bad.

Glad you're happy.

U don't really understand why but whatever works for you.

3 hours ago, mirjana simeunovich said:

I have seen my first .10 payout...to be honest is was like a punch in the gut...2 years of school...working overtime for a job I hated to be able to buy the best equipment...hours of keying info....I should just keep my pictures to myself ... for my own enjoyment...I will not be uploading any more content... i would rather be shooting for me

I feel exactly how you do. I create for myself and upload to several stock agencies. If this is the way that Shutterstock wants to act good.

My only reason for posting was just my opinion on which actions should be taken by contributors. 

If you are complaining about the value paid for your work then don't provide them with any  content. 

#justmyopinion 

11 hours ago, geogif said:

I hope so, but I am not very confident.

Nevertheless I decided to stop uploading.

Not only for June, but for the rest of the year.

My fotos go to several other agencies.

Unfortunately it seems that there are contributors who don't care at all or are not aware of the situation, or think they can take advantage of the situation (less competition, therefore more sales opportunities for them).

https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/89931-show-your-newest-seamless-pattern/page/75/?tab=comments#comment-1852195

https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/45672-show-your-newest-image/page/1474/#comments

As you can see there are some who continue, despite all, to upload.

Well, they're free to do what they want, of course, and nobody can force them to change their mind...

12 hours ago, Hegearl said:

#justmyopinion

There are trolls on the forum who will tell you that they get almost the same money as before, but don't listen to them!  Everybody gets 50 to 70% less income on SS than before (((

On 6/10/2020 at 4:18 PM, Hegearl said:

I feel exactly how you do. I create for myself and upload to several stock agencies. If this is the way that Shutterstock wants to act good.

My only reason for posting was just my opinion on which actions should be taken by contributors. 

If you are complaining about the value paid for your work then don't provide them with any  content. 

#justmyopinion 

Been shooting in BC..i stopped adding to shutterstock ...so I am going to just pick another agency and just try going exclusive...problem is most are going the way of  SS..can't even figure out what getty owes me..one of the reasons I liked shutterstock ... everything was straight forward and I liked the platform...but all things must come to an end...sad to think of all the pictures and negatives in hard drives and boxes that will never see the light of day

I worked out my average price per download for each month before and since the change.  June was a horrible low.  However July may well come in with an average splat bang in the middle of averages prior to the change - at the moment it is higher than most pre change averages. 

The thing is it is going to take time for any patterns to show up doing this - however if the average per shot income at the end of each month does not drop it is hard to argue that the new system is worse.  The real test will be seeing if averages rise as previous level points are reached.

""...The thing is it is going to take time for any patterns to show up doing this - however if the average per shot income at the end of each month does not drop it is hard to argue that the new system is worse. The real test will be seeing if averages rise as previous level points are reached. ..."

What's there to watch? This was already the case on IS/GI, the results will be approximately the same.
The reasons are simple, all authors are divided into 3 groups
- "tourists" - people filming on the way, on trips, or neighbor's cats at home ( I don't want to offend them, in any case) they do not bear any costs, and in principle they do not particularly care how much they will be paid, all the same on the way...
- professional photographers-they bear certain expenses for shooting, for them the reduction of payment by 3 times is a very serious blow, in the vast majority they will stop uploading to SS or will upload only failed photos that are not sold on other stocks.
- studios that work directly for photo stocks... for them, this reduction is simply unacceptable. they definitely stop working with SS. The business can't work in the negative.

"Tourists" at the first stage win, they increase sales, due to the stop of downloads by other categories and the presence of the buyer's already paid subscriptions, but then.... The buyer seeing the deterioration in quality and compression of the range of topics goes to other drains and follows a General collapse...(

I can say for myself that sales at other drains have increased sharply, and in addition,the number of commissioned shots that do not even reach the drains has increased.... If I used to shoot one custom session in 2 months, then only this month there were already 3...) which is a big plus... ( I won with the change in the SS policy - the buyer leaves the SS and comes to me directly)

PS my expenses for the simplest photo shoot are never lower than $100, but for a serious one it reaches $600 in shooting it turns out a maximum of 100 photos. if you take the conditional cost of preparing the shoot $300, then only in order to recoup the photo shoot for $0.1 I need to sell 3000 photos, that is, 30 times each....) Everything is a complete stop working with SS

Illustrators, too, will not draw for $0.1 - so they also left with SS/ Well, according to the video, those who have seriously invested in the purchase of video equipment are also unlikely to give away 4K videos for $1.

This is the vision of the process, and then we will see...

automatic translation .