Kate Shutterstock

New earnings structure for Contributors

23 minutes ago, Neo Geometric said:

The profile icon was removed) it became even funny. Is it really so affected? Maybe buyers asked what it is? the farther into the forest the more wolves.

Mine was deleted, too. In the middle ages, they could have whipped us, but now they have only removed the objectionable avatar. Glory to democracy and freedom of speech!

I just got an "On Demand" sale for $2.10 and I am on Level 4 (30%). My question is: Which package is the buyer using? It is all very complicated and I can not sort it out.

Same for a Subscription sale of $0.52. What was the value the buyer paid for?

Can someone help with the packages and calculations? 

Hey, late for the rant rage party, i have a tiny lump of illustrations and i don't want to sell them for this cheap. 33 was alright, 10 is just too low. 

Is there any way of action you people are making, or some guide or general direction for this situation? I'm gonna take them down when i reach 75$ threshold. I would like to either sell them by myself or just give them away if for free. So once again, what is general way of action?

I was in level 4 now 1 

Now I get 10 cent and a lot less downloads. Only 42 this month instead of 100

What really irritates me is the arrogance and disinterest in artists. They really only have to do it for money.
I expected them to make another kind with adaptation so that it is acceptable to both parties.

What about the minimum payout remains that 75 this way it will take a year before you can get your money.

Have them look in the mirror and say I think it is right that the photographers get 10 cents then they know they are lying to their reflection.
This is going too far, disrespectfully

1 hour ago, ribeiroantonio said:

I just got an "On Demand" sale for $2.10 and I am on Level 4 (30%). My question is: Which package is the buyer using? It is all very complicated and I can not sort it out.

Same for a Subscription sale of $0.52. What was the value the buyer paid for?

Can someone help with the packages and calculations? 

Did you see this:

This list is certainly not yet complete. New numbers are added daily. However, it becomes obvious that nobody can see through the remuneration system and that there are vast amounts of individually agreed purchase prices. This makes any traceability and transparency obsolete.

El mayor valor de una marca es la confianza, cuando esta se quiebra es irrecuperable. Suponiendo que SS recuperase la forma de compensar a los colaboradores cuanto tiempo necesitaría para recuperar la confianza.

On 6/22/2020 at 5:29 PM, Bob Deering said:

If you contact them to close your account they will pay you. Why should you lose the money.

Hello,

I saw this and already asked to deactivate my account and get the money. Thanks a lot.

I think only a big mass of deletion of pictures would make a change in shutterstock's mind, but I also think this won't happen and the prices paid to contributors will decrease in the future because a majority will stay. Strikes are useless if the majority don't follow them. I see people complaining here, comparing what they were earning before and now, etc. It means they are still thinking about staying in shuterstock, and many of them will. So if people that is upset stays, also many others will.

I'm not a professional photographer and I always thought that microstock is degrading real photographers, but being paid 0,10$ is too low even for amateurs. Actually, paying less than 50% to the creators of the real work is degrading them, but everyone accepts that. For example, booking charges 15% (which is actually too much), and 85% goes to the owner of the house... just imagine, they pay to the owner 15% for the first 5 stays, then 20%, etc...

It also isn't offered to the contributor if they want their pictures to opt for subscription plans or not, i.e. all the pictures must be offered to subscriptors at ridiculous prices. This is one of the reasons why I never uploaded more pictures (I'm not good creating microstock stuff, but I have good pictures that could be used for other purposes).

Anyway, I'm done with shutterstock because it isn't worth the effort.

De todos modos, he terminado con Shutterstock porque no vale la pena el esfuerzo

2 hours ago, Stripsa said:

Hey, late for the rant rage party, i have a tiny lump of illustrations and i don't want to sell them for this cheap. 33 was alright, 10 is just too low. 

Well, strickly spoken, you are not selling your images for 10 cents now instead of 33. You are getting 30% of every sale instead of 30% of per image average calculated 15 years or so ago.

That means you can sell an image for 10 cents, and you can sell an image for 1.5$. What counts is the average that you get.

In my opinion it's too early to say what average will look like. We should wait till the end of corona crisis and the sales climb back on normal levels.

As for me, the sales are still down by 40%, and the total per image average is 62 cent, which is 13% less as 2019 average, or 9% less as life time average. But those 40% sales missing are apparently the small buyers with no annual subscription, and they actually pay more per image. When (and if) they are back, the average will be higher. It can take monthes, or it can take years..

17 minutes ago, Boris Stroujko said:

Well, strickly spoken, you are not selling your images for 10 cents now instead of 33. You are getting 30% of every sale instead of 30% of per image average calculated 15 years or so ago.

That means you can sell an image for 10 cents, and you can sell an image for 1.5$. What counts is the average that you get.

In my opinion it's too early to say what average will look like. We should wait till the end of corona crisis and the sales climb back on normal levels.

As for me, the sales are still down by 40%, and the total per image average is 62 cent, which is 13% less as 2019 average, or 9% less as life time average. But those 40% sales missing are apparently the small buyers with no annual subscription, and they actually pay more per image. When (and if) they are back, the average will be higher. It can take monthes, or it can take years..

What average are you talking about?

In the very first post is clearly written that shutterstock will pay 15% of the price to the contributors at the beginning of each year, no matter how much they sold in the past, no matter at what price they sell. And it means that for the sales they do on subscription plans, they pay 0,10$ till you sell 250, and only after 25000 sells they will give you 40%, if you are getting 30% means you already sold 500 times, but next year you'll start from 15% again. You can take a calculation on how much you are not being paid for the first 500 sales at the beginning of every year. I guess if you sell 300000 images a year you won't worry much about that.

I have been a contributor (level 2) for many years, no fireworks but at least keeps the piggy bank tickled. I would like to add my utter disappointment in the new structure. I agree that I will now again support other Stock Photography sites whom I left due to loyalty to Shutterstock.

Good luck to all the other contributors, stay strong

1 hour ago, s4svisuals said:

Hello SS, Here, there are my solds to Adobe stock, and its stock market graph, take lessons :)1965130051_Capturedcran2020-06-2512_14_31.thumb.png.e525a8af19e0391aa03f8e62575981bb.png1062928664_Capturedcran2020-06-2512_20_20.thumb.png.0bfaa91531207f868a01be6ae025719a.png

Hi, can you tell me where the clear sales preview for AS comes from? I didn't find anything like that there, thanks.

32 minutes ago, DrObjektiff said:

Hi, can you tell me where the clear sales preview for AS comes from? I didn't find anything like that there, thanks.

I have attached a screenshot...

AS_Screen.jpg