Dobrin_Dobrev

A bit worried about how my downloaded image is being used. (downloaded once, published by two people)

Hi, this is my first post and topic here. Hope you are well!

I tried to find how my images are being used.

The image:

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/german-shepherd-laying-down-looking-straight-1342450043

What I found:

https://eleftheriaonline.gr/ellada-kosmos/world/item/190138-diamaxi-stin-italia-gia-117-skylia-pou-emeinan-adespota

https://odatv.com/hayvan-polisi-geliyor-21012030.html?fbclid=IwAR2dRpP_aIsuhKouX5XgH5ajpGKI7LKu3cBgbQYYOYLkDJdPRLpg_9gMxgE

My question is - If the image is being downloaded once, for 0,25$, is it allowed to be published more than once by different people? As I see the autors of the articles are different people - greek and turkish autors. 

I think this is not allowed. Can you help me to resolve this issue? I'm new to this forum and I need your help!

Under the regular license a person is allowed to use stock content for several different projects.

But if there are indeed two different authors using this image and it only sold once, then one of them is using the photo without a license.

Its quite possible its been stolen from the original buyer and used elsewhere.

Happens a lot, especially on blogs.  People who write blogs seem to steal whatever they want from wherever else they see it!

Was it downloaded from Greece or Turkey originally?

Thank you for the posts! 

I don't have the location data anymore. The photo was downloaded last year. 

I think Richard Whitcombe is probably right (but I'm not 100% sure). As I see, the turkish autor cut the photo of the left size.

I was affected more when I transleted the articles. My pet was used for articles which include dog abusing and homeless dogs. It's just old and ill dog in the yard of the house...

1 hour ago, Dobrin_Dobrev said:

Thank you for the posts! 

I don't have the location data anymore. The photo was downloaded last year. 

I think Richard Whitcombe is probably right (but I'm not 100% sure). As I see, the turkish autor cut the photo of the left size.

I was affected more when I transleted the articles. My pet was used for articles which include dog abusing and homeless dogs. It's just old and ill dog in the yard of the house...

you uploaded you image to RF stock agency for commercial use, you can not have issue with the use.  If someone wanted to use the image of you pet to to illustrate an article about people eating dogs, a scandal of dog fed people in who died of COVID19, dog giving rabies to a whole village, etc. you have agreed to this.  

1 minute ago, jean-francois me said:

you uploaded you image to RF stock agency for commercial use, you can not have issue with the use.  If someone wanted to use the image of you pet to to illustrate an article about people eating dogs, a scandal of dog fed people in who died of COVID19, dog giving rabies to a whole village, etc. you have agreed to this.  

It's dog eat dog in the dog photography world.

8 minutes ago, Dobrin_Dobrev said:

Thats doesn't sound good...

And the funny thing is that I got 0,25$ for all of that.

the original Turkish buyers are:( I deduced it  because of the earliest date this photo was published)
image.png.0b96e324109b08d4ab534621b71bab98.png

On 5/3/2020 at 4:58 PM, Mehdi Kasumov said:

the original Turkish buyers are:( I deduced it  because of the earliest date this photo was published)

Obviously the legit buyer is the Greek website. First because the image on the Turkish site is cropped and second because the publication dates clearly indicates that the Greek site is first.

And you are also completely wrong about the number of uses of this photo. You even didn't notice that some items in the list concern the same domain name. That happens when, for example, you have the thumbnail of the article on another page of the website. And there also is the question of press agregators, websites that only replicate published articles. I often see that for some of my pics. 

23 hours ago, Denis Costille said:

Obviously the legit buyer is the Greek website. First because the image on the Turkish site is cropped and second because the publication dates clearly indicates that the Greek site is first.

And you are also completely wrong about the number of uses of this photo. You even didn't notice that some items in the list concern the same domain name. That happens when, for example, you have the thumbnail of the article on another page of the website. And there also is the question of press agregators, websites that only replicate published articles. I often see that for some of my pics. 

You have the same opinion as me.

So now the question is - is he coppied from the greek buyer or from shutterstock?

On 5/5/2020 at 6:19 AM, Denis Costille said:

on the Turkish site is cropped

On 5/6/2020 at 6:14 AM, Dobrin_Dobrev said:

same opinion as me

are you guys aware of the amazing Photoshop 2x,3x enlargement  functionality?
i am not here to defend what was the first egg or a chicken, i am just showing you the results I got from google search, i noticed that search results are not uniformed based where are you located too. soo by the time i was posting this there was only 1 turkish site dated au 2011, now there is also 2 greek sites dated july and feb 2011.
regards