Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo J de E

The most ABSURD rejections you encounter

50 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Just a small correction here: they don't split dual words, on the opposite, they encourage keyword phrases.

in the search they split them.  If you use "India Covid", your item will come in on search for "India".  So having all the permutation is spammy  

35 minutes ago, Firn said:

That's true, but at least according to the information Shutterstock has made public to us contributors, this image should not have been rejected, because it does not break any copyright or trademark rules. If the reviewers get other instructions that are not known to us, that is another thing. But me, as a contributor, I can only go by what information Shutterstock makes available to me on their page and by the rejection reason I was given and if a reviewer rejects the word "Little Red Riring Hood"  because of the trademark rule and I know that the title is not trademarkt, I am still convinced that a mistake was made by the reviewer. If Shutterstock has some screwed internat rule that instrucst their reviewers to reject keywords for trademark issues, even though the words are not trademarked, then Shutterstock needs to communicate this rule not only to their reviewers, but also to their contributors. (The fact that I had other images with this title/keyword approved and there are thousands (!) of commercial images using that keyword in the database, makes me also think that I was right).

I would agree in principle, but SS having proven themselves less than efficient on communications, i will side with the minimum wage worker over the big corporate owners

45 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

What has a SS rejection to do with people dying? This is not a corona thread. I think you are overreacting (so very often), with words and with your red arrows.

I don't think that anyone is expecting a solution to these threads. People just need to vent once in a while and there is no better pace  to do it than here, where we are able to empathize with them. It's just human nature. (sic!)

Thank you for the replies on my question regarding resubmitting photos. I usually haven't resubmitted intentionally (unless it was a mistake on my part). I also have been getting all sorts of weird rejection reasons including "We don't accept content like this any longer" which is very confusing to me when they just accepted content almost exactly like what they just rejected from me a few hours or a few days prior. (I am not talking about taking 15 or 20 shots of exactly the same thing and submitting those - I don't do that kind of uploading!).

12 hours ago, Joseph Skompski said:

How many times do you all submit a photo and get a rejection before you give up? Once? Twice?

these days (in the past 2 weeks) minimum 2, because I think SS just pressed the "autoreject" button and everyone probably walked home. for second submit the same photos usually go through with a good percentage. what exactly does it tell you?? no, of course not that AI is the firs hurdle to get thru!! no way! right : )? in very rare cases I submit it a 3rd time. when I am absolutely sure that the photo is OK. it happened maybe 2-3 times. but since they rejected my last 20 or so pictures, I don't have the inclination any more to play their idiotic game. all these photos were easily accepted by 4 other micro sites. so. be that way! they won't waste my time no more.

2 hours ago, jean-francois me said:

I don't think that anyone is expecting a solution to these threads. People just need to vent once in a while and there is no better pace  to do it than here, where we are able to empathize with them. It's just human nature. (sic!)

This is copyright infringement!angry.png.5d9f8dc46b5aef3e53653f874616583e.png

2 hours ago, Joseph Skompski said:

I also have been getting all sorts of weird rejection reasons including "We don't accept content like this any longer" which is very confusing to me when they just accepted content almost exactly like what they just rejected from me a few hours or a few days prior.

I think this is, while maybe not the most common, the most frustrating rejection reason. Whenever I get this, I have NO clue why the image is being rejected. Like you, I might have submitted something similar the day before and I have no idea what exactly in that photo is what Shutterstock is not accepting and why. I find this so frustrating, because whenever I get a rejection, I try to fix the problem or I try not to shoot such content in the future. I know for example that Shutterstock does not accept photos with graffitti, so I will not waste my time shooting scenes where there is graffitti visible, unless I can easily edit it out + submit the photo as commercial. Everything else is just a waste of my time, because I know the photo will get rejected. But I never can figure out what exactly is the reason for the "we no longer accept this content" rejection, so I do not know what to fix or what to avoid in the future. Like with the example I mentioned above where submitting a photo of a museum buidling was no problem, but submitting a closer up of the entrance was "no longer accepted". I wish Shutterstock was better in communicating with us, because I can't fix problems or avoid them, if I don't knwo what they are.

7 hours ago, Chief RunningFever said:

This is the most absurd rejection. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 7.48.00 AM.png

I think you win. This one is so absurd, it made me laugh.

How dare you submit a photo of a distorted oil drum? Did you not know Shutterstock does not only judge the quaility of the photo, but also of your oil drum? 🤣

14 hours ago, Chief RunningFever said:

This is the most absurd rejection. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 7.48.00 AM.png

That's funny! You can always re-submit with a specific description and hope the reviewer actually reads it? Like Dented, distressed and distorted red oil drum with "STOP" painted on the side.

Ha Ha, mine passed? (just kidding, but it did just pass) I thought it was funny, I don't think it will ever sell.

Crushed Pineapple 😃

waubedonia-wi-april-23-2020-600w-1712871

Todays rejection of choice appears to be under or over exposed or inconsistently exposed.

I mean things would make sense if this was an issue that I had had before - but I have not.  So having taken and processed images exactly the same way I have done since the start with no complaints about exposure suddenly half a dozen buld standard (for me) images are done incorrectly 🙄