Kate Shutterstock

Shutterstock launches a new footage subscription product

Today we launched new footage subscription plans to serve the growing demand of Shutterstock customers who require continuous access to high quality footage for their content needs. You can learn more about these new plans by visiting the pricing page. Earnings from subscription products will be displayed in the “Clip packs” category of your Earnings Summary.   

Please can you inform all Contributors how this will affect our sales, especially:-

1) What is the revenue generated from the sale of a clip.

2) How many of our clips will be included in this subscription service (will our entire portfolios be included or just specific clips?)

3) Please indicate if there will be an opt out.

I stopped submitting at other agencies because of these exact low prices you are offering now.

I would like an opt-out option!

I suggest considering the following options that allow to save quality content market:

1. Make it possible for the author to refuse to sell the video by subscription. 

2. Exclude 4K video from the subscription. 

3. Share the part of subscription payments from users to authors

4 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Today we launched new footage subscription plans to serve the growing demand of Shutterstock customers who require continuous access to high quality footage for their content needs. You can learn more about these new plans by visiting the pricing page. Earnings from subscription products will be displayed in the “Clip packs” category of your Earnings Summary.   

Thanks for letting us know in the forum. I am trying to understand why would SS launch this subscription plan. Before, costumers who required continuous access to footages would have to pay much more for each content depending on the format. Now you are giving away 10 clips each month in any format for 139 €/month. Pardon my expression but I think you might be shooting yourself in the foot. An opt-out option would be nice.

Announced to customers first before letting contributors know the financial details, would like an opt out and full disclosure to how the subscription would work for contributors. Contributors continuing to be marginalized (ignored) by agencies.

13 minutes ago, Mehdi Kasumov said:

then who is Kate?

Yes, she is one of the admins on the forum. But the last few months not one admin has responded to any issues posted by contributors meaning they aren't taking any time checking the forum and only posting notifications like this.

2 minutes ago, MJD Graphics said:

Yes, she is one of the admins on the forum. But the last few months not one admin has responded to any issues posted by contributors meaning they aren't taking any time checking the forum and only posting notifications like this.

I have had issue recently with my images being similar etc, i wrote to the SS, one of the contributors tried to explain situation, then we escalated it to the SS team, maybe this way we can reach them?

5 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Dearest Kate, 

would you be so kind to post an opt-out procedure for this kind of subscriptions? Thank you very much.

Competing with other stocks in dumping, you only promote to an even more accelerated decline in your and our earnings. My offer: you prohibit authors  loading their footages in stocks that sell below your prices.

Wasn't the T&C changed a little while ago that said we cannot opt out of these kind of licensing?

19 minutes ago, CH Digital Media said:

Wasn't the T&C changed a little while ago that said we cannot opt out of these kind of licensing?

But you can still turn off all footage if you so wish.