And my compliments go to my reviewer's creativity in asking me to write "An English translation for the non-English text that appears in this content. Please enter English translations in the title field."

Too bad the document is roughtly dated to 1523 and is mirrored and the writing is on the opposite side of the page with sometimes expanded ink. AND NO ONE CAN READ A THING whatsoever.

If he/she has realized that THAT WAS NOT English, he/she should be working in a lovely archive or something. 

Some reviewers are so funny, but that one.

bye,

S

1693833328_medium.jpg

28 minutes ago, Working Title Productions said:

Make up something.  Seriously.  Then when it'

s approved go into the catalog manager and delete it if needed.  Part of battle here in playing the "approval game" can have nothing to do with common sense and reality.

Thanks, but it's already been accepted on Getty, where I am exclusive. End of the game and a laugh through gritted teeth.

I just shared my experience with no polemic tone.

8 hours ago, Shutterstaken said:

The doc is unreadable and it counts here just as a symbolic item to be preserved through digitization. Not to mention that the focus is on the hand. 

Did you put that in the description?
The reviewer is not a psychic and there are hundreds of different scripts and thousands of languages.
If it is definitely not readable and not recognizable, but looks like it could be an unknown font, you should mention that. 

6 minutes ago, geogif said:

Did you put that in the description?
The reviewer is not a psychic and there are hundreds of different scripts and thousands of languages.
If it is definitely not readable and not recognizable, but looks like it could be an unknown font, you should mention that. 

No I didn't. Maybe it might have helped. I wrote something like '...ancient document' and 'scanning process'.

I relied on the fact that if a script is definitely indecipherable/illegible, its language steps down to the realm of assumption and nobody cares about it.

27 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Is it allowed to offer images somewhere else, when you are exclusive at Getty? Or is it possible to offer exclusive images there without being an exclusive contributor?

If you're an exclusive contributor with istock or getty, you can't submit images elsewhere.

But if you're a non-exclusive contributor at Getty, you can submit images elsewhere but the images you submit to Getty will have to be exclusive for Getty.

28 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

If you're an exclusive contributor with istock or getty, you can't submit images elsewhere.

But if you're a non-exclusive contributor at Getty, you can submit images elsewhere but the images you submit to Getty will have to be exclusive for Getty.

Thank you very much for the explanation! I knew this from former fotolia. But I couldn't find this information concerning iStock/Getty.

2 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Yes! I really didn't know that there is the possibility to upload exclusive images to iStock without being an exclusive contributor there. 

I don't think there is on iStock. I think the word Getty is the key to this. DT you can upload exclusive to that agency images.

Getty

Just now, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Well, sorry, now I've got it.

Because iStock is part of Getty, i didn't separate them. Actually, I meant iStock.

I do the same. 🙂 And since I don't upload to Getty, I wouldn't know the exclusive rules there.

iStock by Getty Images, why would we think anything different?

On 4/5/2020 at 2:18 PM, Shutterstaken said:

And my compliments go to my reviewer's creativity in asking me to write "An English translation for the non-English text that appears in this content. Please enter English translations in the title field."

Too bad the document is roughtly dated to 1523 and is mirrored and the writing is on the opposite side of the page with sometimes expanded ink. AND NO ONE CAN READ A THING whatsoever.

If he/she has realized that THAT WAS NOT English, he/she should be working in a lovely archive or something. 

Some reviewers are so funny, but that one.

bye,

S

1693833328_medium.jpg

here is my experience just last 2 weeks:

image.thumb.png.6af726d719e37f83beee121f48a7fd09.png

Also the last reason for rejection was to provide the translation of the writing located at the top of the door to Jewish quarters in Essouira in Morocco.

All my Moroccan friends tried to translate it to no avail, I have made huge research to be told that his is unreadable, until I :

1. typed partially readable by me the top part of the writing

2. used google search and gone through multiple Arabic based forums to fish out threads dealing with this partial combination of words

3 . found out the person who managed to read part of the translation and posted it dated like 2011-2012

4. found out who were his friends on facebook

5. found out who were people who liked his post

6. went through their facebooks to see any relationship to architecture, because many people just  simply like because it is from their city

image.png.24657a4767435e370b6bf4bd150198d9.png

7. through that person I befriended the former Minister of Culture of Morocco and kindly requested his help in translating the writing

8. He gladly accepted and contacted his friend , a professor in Morocco who deal's with saving these artifacts and provided us with the exact writing and the translation:

الحمد لله فرغ من هده القصبة الجديدة بامر المومنين وناصر الملة والدين المعتمد على ربه سيدي محمد بن مولاي عبد الرحمن نصره لله بربيع النبوي عام 1687 بيد خديمه الحسين بن كنون الفاسي لله وليه

I would have NEVER guessed first two numbers, I would have NEVER been able to read entire sentence

"Praise Allah, he finished this new kasbah on order of the Emir of believers, the defender of community and religion, under the authority of his Lord, Sidi Muhammad ben Moulay Abdel Rahman, may Allah help him, at spring of the Prophet, 1687, by the hand of his servant Al-Hussein Ben Ganoun Al-Fassi and Allah is his Keeper.

The one above with word Allah - was straight away rejected as a non English word...

the one below was rejected  ones more time for the  repeated words( even thou they were parts of the translation)

Praise be to God, he will bless this new city by order of the Emir of believers, the defender of the community and of religion, under the authority of his Lord, Sidi Muhammad ben Moulay Abdel Rahman, may God help him, in the spring of the Prophet, 1687, by the hand of his serving Al-Hussein Ben Ganoun Al-Fassi Allah is his Guardian.

so the final translation read:

Gates of Emir Mulay Abdel Rahman. Translation (Praise be to God,he will bless this new city by order of the Emir Sidi Muhammad ben Moulay Abdel Rahman,1687,by the hand of Al-Hussein Ben Ganoun Alfasi)

so Only because the translation existed in 17th century Moroccan library, and only because  I was lucky too and determined to search for this translation this image would have never been accepted.

now tell me why  SS reviewers were so painful about it?

:)

3 hours ago, Mehdi Kasumov said:

now tell me why  SS reviewers were so painful about it?

The reviewer was completely correct to reject your image - it should have been submitted as Editorial. Do you think reviewers should have to spend time and money getting text on your snapshots translated?

The painful thing is the constant clueless groundless complaints from people who are too lazy to read the rules and / or can’t judge whether or not a photo is in focus or whether it has issues with noise. 

It’s no wonder Shutterstock staff have stopped interacting with the forum.