MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN TERMINATED AFTER 8 YEARS OF PARTNER SHIP

Accidentally I erased topic so here we go again.

I just can't belive what has happend to me ! I work with SS for 8 years now and we had a very good partnership. 400.000 works deleted !!! I am devastated. Income from Shutterstock is my main source of income so I will be left with no source of living. I must say you already have accepted all of my photos , and I understand the reasons why you want to low down the number of similar photos, but you never gave me a chance or any warning. I could have deleted all of my textures and continued to work with photographs. I have a beauatiful photographs that I can continue to sell .My textures were selling very well too. All should get warning first and a chance to improve. I thought what was accapted, is ok. I apologies but I think we can get some better solution then deleting my 8 years work. I have never copping anyone elses work. I have worked hard by myself. Its a bad time for all of us. Corona virus and all...Above all I am now with no source of living.

39 minutes ago, Alted Studio said:

I never stole anyone's work. I did textures mainly and by nature that were similar. And they were selling well.

30 minutes ago, Alted Studio said:

No for similars

I was going to ask, before the whole thread disappeared, why were they name New York, or other cities? Was there something about a blue cross hatch that made it New York City? When I see 99 patterns and the difference is some color, rotation or focus, I'd say, yes they are similar.

BUT...

I'll keep it simple, they accepted them, now they want to penalize you, without notice. I don't think that's right. I can't blame you for doing what sold and uploading more, as long as Shutterstock reviewed and accept the same.

58 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

I was going to ask, before the whole thread disappeared, why were they name New York, or other cities? Was there something about a blue cross hatch that made it New York City? When I see 99 patterns and the difference is some color, rotation or focus, I'd say, yes they are similar.

BUT...

I'll keep it simple, they accepted them, now they want to penalize you, without notice. I don't think that's right. I can't blame you for doing what sold and uploading more, as long as Shutterstock reviewed and accept the same.

I do not know what you mean. They were not called by the cities. As you can see:

3 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

Too late now, you deleted the thread. They had names like New Your, another was Portugal, another said Paris France, but they were backgrounds.

Maybe you think places where they were sold. This? :

Location Earnings Date
abstract-old-background-grunge-texture-2
Palomares Del Río, Spain $0.38 16.3.2020.
black-white-vector-wallpaper-250nw-13024
Sacramento, United States $0.38 16.3.2020.
beautiful-abstract-colorful-background-2
Wildberg, Germany $0.38 16.3.2020.
colorful-seamless-grunge-pattern-abstrac
Poortugaal, Netherlands $0.38 16.3.2020.
blue-background-250nw-257489389.jpg
New York, United States $2.85 16.3.2020.
brown-background-250nw-249638188.jpg
Tel Aviv, Israel $0.38 16.3.2020.
beautiful-texture-paper-universal-design
Correntina, Brazil $0.38 16.3.2020.
grunge-black-white-urban-vector-250nw-12
Istanbul, Turkey $0.38 16.3.2020.
old-grunge-paper-background-colorful-250
black-white-background-grunge-wall-250nw
black-white-modern-background-250nw-1208
grunge-textures-backgrounds-perfect-back
green-brown-background-250nw-240894172.j
Bratislava, Slovakia $0.38 16.3.2020.
grunge-background-250nw-165489263.jpg
Ivanovo, Russian Federation $0.38 16.3.2020.
black-white-grunge-texture-vintage-250nw
abstract-image-retro-wallpaper-250nw-115
Lahore, Pakistan $0.38 16.3.2020.

e, Pakistan $0.38 16.3.2020.
grunge-black-white-urban-vector-250nw-12
Mumbai, India $0.38 16.3.2020.

$0.38 16.3.2020.
Just now, Rudy Umans said:

I am 10 years younger and can't wait to be your age. Sounds like a lot of fun..

Nope, my brain hasn't adjusted to the fact that I can't jump walls, can't work in the yard cutting and weeding a like I used to, and then at night or the next morning my body says "hey, wake up, you aren't 39 anymore". My bad too fast golf swing is finally slowing down?

I can remember people from the 60s and 70s, but forget someones name that I met last night. I'm fun at trivia when I play with the kids, I know all that useless information, but wouldn't know any new band since about 1991.

"Yeah it's that red thing, I know, wait, you know, red with..." Information is still there, just no access. Where did I leave my reading glasses? Oh I solved that one. Dollar store, a pair for every room, some in the car, a pair in my coat pocket.

pete-face-groucho-300.jpg

Sorry to derail and hijack the thread @Alted Studio hopefully some day you'll get an answer to why closed, no notice, no warning shot over the bow. I'll return to, SS accepted them for years, they could have sent notice for you to clean up. Instead, just shut down. The TOS says warnings will be issued.

This makes two who came to the forum, one got restored. I said it was just a mistake, but now thinking it looks like SS is cleaning up in some areas. @Phil Lowe and I both noticed last month, the collection total going down to 313 million, up to 315, down a couple million again. The swing down and up millions, seems to be a reflection of duplicates being removed. That's an assumption, but how else would the equivalent of two weeks worth of new uploads just disappear?

Only now has the collection reached 317 million again.

7 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

Nope, my brain hasn't adjusted to the fact that I can't jump walls, can't work in the yard cutting and weeding a like I used to, and then at night or the next morning my body says "hey, wake up, you aren't 39 anymore". My bad too fast golf swing is finally slowing down?

I can remember people from the 60s and 70s, but forget someones name that I met last night. I'm fun at trivia when I play with the kids, I know all that useless information, but wouldn't know any new band since about 1991.

"Yeah it's that red thing, I know, wait, you know, red with..." Information is still there, just no access. Where did I leave my reading glasses? Oh I solved that one. Dollar store, a pair for every room, some in the car, a pair in my coat pocket.

pete-face-groucho-300.jpg

Sorry to derail and hijack the thread @Alted Studio hopefully some day you'll get an answer to why closed, no notice, no warning shot over the bow. I'll return to, SS accepted them for years, they could have sent notice for you to clean up. Instead, just shut down. The TOS says warnings will be issued.

This makes two who came to the forum, one got restored. I said it was just a mistake, but now thinking it looks like SS is cleaning up in some areas. @Phil Lowe and I both noticed last month, the collection total going down to 313 million, up to 315, down a couple million again. The swing down and up millions, seems to be a reflection of duplicates being removed. That's an assumption, but how else would the equivalent of two weeks worth of new uploads just disappear?

Only now has the collection reached 317 million again.

Thanks @HodagMedia. I wish you well. Stay young and positive ;)