Reason for Picture rejections on Shutterstock i now just ridiculous

I have recently 20 or more picture rejected, reason, not on focus, or trademark rights possible , where is not visible trademark, and focus is good. Another stock like: Alamy, Adobe, Depositphotos accepted this pictures with no problems. Today second one rejected because model release form not in standard. On the picture is my son, 16 - old, model release form is from shutterstock, and it's signed by me and my wife. This some about composition, when I make picture I decide some times creativity is good, but shutterstock  employees don't know that. Every think must be borring and straight. 

I like this stock less and less

re.jpg

rere.jpg

14 hours ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

The bench might be trademarked or distinctive. Even maybe the shape of the weights.  Its impossible to tell on tiny thumbnails.

Yes going this way you can reject all photos. My point is all stocks websites have no problem with this pictures except Shutterstock. They are already accepted every were with no problems.

aaaaa.jpg

bbbbb.jpg

Well you just quoted Alamy which is a bad example as they have a different approach.  You are still meant to have ALL the releases and if someone requests it or complains you're the one responsible there.

They dont accept the release, thats your responsibility.  Doesnt mean there wont be problems if someone does complain or buys it then asks for a release.  

"We don’t need you to upload your releases, all you need to do is annotate your images in the image manager to say that you have one available. We’ll get in touch to ask you for a copy if a customer or lawyer requests to see it."

Every agency has their own policy.  To sell on SS you need to abide by SS policy (and they're more conservative than most although IS is far stricter again).

Different agencies have different rules and guidelines. That one image was accepted in one agency does not mean it should be in a different one. Also - Alamy, where these screenshots are from, has no real quality control at all. They only make random sample reviews, which means, most of your approved images were never even looked at by any reviewer, so having something accepted by Alamy really means nothing. I have a 100% acceptance rate on Alamy, even when I accidentally upload images double (even wthin the same batch!), accidentally upload illustrations as photos or images that have major flaws. No one really cares over there.... It's even extremely risky for a contributor, because they rely on YOU knowing what is legal and what not and actually stick to these rules yourself. And if you don't, because you, for example,  submitted images with people or copyright protected property without releases for commercial usage, you might be the one who will have to face legal consequences. So please do not rely on Alamy and their reviewing. On Alamy that's really your job.

Ok,  I understand.  nothing wrong with Sutterstock policy,  every thing wrong with my pictures.  I'm guessing it doesn't make sense to attach screenshots that these photos are also approved on Adobe, Depositphotos and Dreamstime,they may also has no real quality control at all. Thank any way for answer. 

29 minutes ago, Miroslaw Dziadkowiec said:

Ok,  I understand.  nothing wrong with Sutterstock policy,  every thing wrong with my pictures.  I'm guessing it doesn't make sense to attach screenshots that these photos are also approved on Adobe, Depositphotos and Dreamstime,they may also has no real quality control at all. Thank any way for answer. 

As already said - Different agencies have different rules and guidelines. Something that might be accepted on one agency will not be accepted on another. There is really no point in the constant "Why did Shutterstock not accept my pictures, all other agencies did!"-argument.
Yes, there are cases where Shutterstock rejects images wrongfully, even though the image would be perfectly fine within their own guidelines. These mistakes happen. But there are many cases where Shutterstock will not accept an image, because it is not according to their guidelines and other agencies and what they allow or don't allow has absolutely nothing to with this.

For example, Shutterstock is completely strict when it comes to photos of cameras and lenses. It is just the way it is. That's their guideline. Adobe, Dreamstime, Alamy...they have nothing to do with this. Are you really expecting Shutterstock to break their own guidelines because other agencies accept these photos? What kind of reason is that? That's like complaining that you cannot marry a 10 year old girl in England, while it's legal in Sudan.

From the known image restriction list from Shutterstock:

Unbenannt-1.jpg

25 minutes ago, Miroslaw Dziadkowiec said:

I understand, thanks for answer,  my point was Law is one for everybody, so if something is good for one agency, should be good for the another. I don't think about internal policy and this was my mistake. I Just must read in policy before send pictures.

Not really.  Different agencies operate with different parts of the world and are prepared to accept varying amounts of legal risk and exposure.

IS for example is MUCH more conservative than SS.  AS is a lot lighter.

It's all down to the companies legal liability risk assessment.

For the past several weeks:

One photo was rejected on noise, then no property release, then no model release, then only submitted as editorial, then rejected because no translation from arabic on the half broken Quranic verse on the top of the gate, then rejected because the EVALUATOR thought that 1336 is the HOUSE number instead of the Islamic year, then they found out that at the very end , on the back ground there was an arabic calligraphic verse that they thought was a trademark logo and asked artist release, ...all these for .25 cents? GROW UP evaluators :)

On 4/1/2020 at 3:43 AM, Miroslaw Dziadkowiec said:

I understand, thanks for answer,  my point was Law is one for everybody, so if something is good for one agency, should be good for the another. I don't think about internal policy and this was my mistake. I Just must read in policy before send pictures.

You've got it. The agencies are governed by the laws, but they are not forced to operate according to just those laws. They can make their own internal restrictions and regulations. A very simple example, using myself, SS takes my Editorial (requiring a case number) and not my Illustrations. Adobe takes my Illustrations but not my Editorial. iStock will take some of my Editorial but not my news or sports editorial, plus did take my illustrations. Alamy takes everything, to some degree.

Each one is fully within the laws and legal requirements, they might define them or view that differently. And each makes their own restrictions on what they want to sell for us, beyond what any law says the may be allowed to do.

By the way since Alamy's name gets tossed in a bunch on this. Their view is: the end user is responsible for the use and if that is legal or not. Especially when they have been notified by an agency of what kind of license is specified. If someone wants to download an Editorial image and use it for commercial purposes, the liability is the responsibility of the end user, not the agency or us.

But right, all the agencies make their own rules, internal policy, about what they take or don't, as well as their release requirements. Nothing is the same for all of them or everybody. It's difficult to work under that confusion, but we do.