zubairahmed1990

Hi, Is there person who earn good money from Stutterstock as a Contributor

Hi, Hope you all are fine

I am New Contributor  

Is there a person who earn good money from Stutterstock as a Contributor ?

Share your Experience 

Waiting for Valuable Response.

THANKS,

Zubair Ahmed

Zubair

Good money, what is your definition?  I think you will find that most contributors make very little to start out and it takes quite a while before stock photography will even pay for their hobby (their camera's and lenses).  Competition has increased dramatically in the last five years and "good money" is no longer the norm or even possible, IMO.   If you have professional experience and an unusual talent or access to unique subject matter you could do extremely well (make a living doing stock) but that is very unusual and is generally an unattainable dream for the average photographer, let along the new photographer starting out.

If you want to get rich quick, forget about it.  If you want to practice your craft and receive an occasional pat on the back (a sale) than this is the place for you.  You're bound to learn a lot about photography but unless you have the talent, the time and the drive to do this on a professional level, "good money" is a pipe dream IMO.

By some standards I have made good money doing stock photography but I've been doing it for over ten years which included some of the "big" years for the stock industry.  Those years are gone and they seem to be getting worse with each passing year.  Do a sincere evaluation of your talent, drive and the time you are willing to put into this.  Stock photography may not be for you.  GOOD LUCK!         

On 3/30/2020 at 10:26 AM, zubairahmed1990 said:

Not sure what "good money" means as this depends on a lot of different things.  

There are people who make a living with stock photography, but most of them are out taking photographs and don't hang out on the forums much.  

For me, it's a source of passive income and hopefully by the time I retire, I'll be making some nice pin money from stock photography.  It's just one of many passive income streams I'm setting up these days.  

It seems to be two ways to go for making amazing money at this. 

1. Make absolutely amazing photos - better than any of the millions of contributors out there.  
2. find empty niche and fill them - the niche can be style or subject.

Either path, you need to be aware of your key wording so buyers can find your photos.

I find Nicole Glass's YouTube channel to be a good starting point.  

For the most part, be like the Turtle and keep on uploading.  Be steady, and focus on quality. 

On 3/30/2020 at 7:26 PM, zubairahmed1990 said:

I am New Contributor  

Share your Experience 

THANKS,

Zubair Ahmed

Hi Zubair,

valuable response is a bit difficult, because your question is a bit vague.

My microstock income would be ruinous if I had to live on it in Monaco.

I do not know how accurate or how up-to-date this data is. But it clearly shows that your question can actually only be answered subjectively - depending on where you live.

Einkommensvergleich.jpg

23 horas atrás, Wilm Ihlenfeld disse:

Olá Zubair,

uma resposta valiosa é um pouco difícil, porque sua pergunta é um pouco vaga.

Minha renda com microstock seria arruinada se eu morasse em Mônaco.

Não sei quão precisos ou mostrados esses dados são. Mas isso mostra claramente que sua pergunta pode ser respondida subjetivamente - dependendo de onde você mora.

Einkommensvergleich.jpg

No intendo esse gráfico, poderia explicar melhor?

2 hours ago, Anna Quelhas said:

No intendo esse gráfico, poderia explicar melhor?

It is a rough overview of the average income in different countries. Let's assume that somebody earns about 1000 US$ per month with microstock, then you can roughly determine if this is "good money" or just "a drop in the ocean".

In Bangladesh for example this would be "good money" for sure. In Monaco one does not get far with it.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:26 AM, zubairahmed1990 said:

I am New Contributor  

Share your Experience 

THANKS,

Zubair Ahmed

Hi there

I hope you are fine also

I am a new (last month) contributor also, but doing photography since the early 80's

I have put up 40 or so photos and there has been exactly 10 downloads as of today @ $0.25 a piece which means I am $2.50 richer :)

All money is good money

9 hours ago, Pascal Canning said:

Olá

Espero que você esteja bem também

Também sou novo colaborador (no mês passado), mas fotografo desde o início dos anos 80

Coloquei cerca de 40 fotos e hoje existem exatamente 10 downloads a $ 0,25 por peça, o que significa que eu sou $ 2,50 mais rico :)

Todo dinheiro é bom dinheiro

Sou fotógrafa desde 2014, desde o mês passado coloquei 44fotos e não tive nenhum download até o momento, nada para me incentiva, uma pena, não sei o que tem de errado

15 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

É uma visão geral aproximada da renda média em diferentes países. Vamos supor que alguém ganha cerca de US $ 1.000 por mês com microstock, então você pode determinar aproximadamente se isso é "bom dinheiro" ou apenas "uma gota no oceano".

Em Bangladesh, por exemplo, isso seria "bom dinheiro", com certeza. Em Mônaco, não se chega muito longe.

Obrigada por explicar! A média só Brasil está ok para mim. 

Yeah, define "good money".  $1,000s per month?  Not for me.  On a portfolio of 2,833 images and 182 video clips, it brings in a few double-digit $$ a month for me, just enough to pay one of my smaller bills or pay for about half my groceries.  It's nowhere near enough money to pay all of my bills, much less eek out a profit to save, but every little bit helps, and it's residual--I've already done the work and now can sit back and watch the $$ trickle in. 

Every now and then, one of my video clips sells for $20 or more, or one of my images sells as a single & other for $50 or more, which gives that month's earnings a nice sudden big boost.  I got lucky in March 2020 and one of my images sold for $103.17!  That is the highest $$$ amount any of my single images have sold for and also made March 2020 my best month ever for earnings!

On average, $.33 subscription sales make up about 90% of my income and $2.48 on demand sales make up about 10%.

As far as finding a niche, doing a search by subject name is a great way to see what if anything others have shot of that subject.  If no or very few images happen to come up under a particular subject, shoot that subject, fill that niche, see what happens.