Hey guys... Do you think canon 6D Mark ii still worth to buy, I have a canon 700D, want to upgrade to Full frame canon camera, I research lots of mirror less canon, but it seems beyond my budget. My target is EOS R but I don't think I can make it. Price difference is too high. Please suggest me one. Maybe I need only a camera body at present as I have few lenses that work fine for fullframe camera.

Not sure how price varies in your land but you can even think of 6D too. They are all very good cameras in general with FF features. Purely depends on your budget. I own 5D Mark 2 and very happy with it too (yes still). I suggest you to spare some money for a good lens rather than spending all of your money on a camera. Regardless of what camera you buy, lens will make the most differ since more or less each camera is fantastic these days.

Good luck with your choice.

I agree with Edithevideo

I use the original 6D and I just sold  a few  5 x 6 feet prints to a commercial client. (no, they are not in my port here)

I keep my 6D as long as people buy these kind of prints, but I did invest a small fortune in a nice collection of the best  L glass I could afford. I rather have one really good lens than  a dozen mediocre ones. I also invested in a very good tripod and I am about to invest in a new geared tripod head.

My point is,  don't pay too much attention to the camera and buy a used 6D or 5D mk2 or 3 and spend your money on glass and things that last. Cameras are almost disposable peripherals nowadays.

If you do video, it might be a different story, but I don't do video, Camera video specs are lost on me.

11 hours ago, Focus_Redefine_Fotography said:

Great idea Rudy, I'll get used 5d series and invest on Glass.... Thanks.... do you think that online store like b&h photo or any other store are reliable that they sell good camera...? Thank Phil Lowe for the link...I will check that out too..

B and H and most well known online retailers are reliable, but check out their warranty if there is any.

You might check out Mpb and Keh as well. They specialize in used equipment and both have a very good reputation

https://www.mpb.com/en-us/

https://www.keh.com/

Focus,

While I don't want to contradict Rudy, I have dealt with MPB and I was not impressed.  As far as I can tell they "recommend" a particular camera or lens for no other reason than they have had it in their inventory longer than similar items.  I've watched specific products within their inventory and this has always proved to be correct, at least on those items.  

Without going into great detail, I attempted to trade in a lens and buy one of their used cameras.  They said the lens had fungus growing in it and returned it,  I decided to buy the camera anyhow but in the mean time the price had gone up on the camera.  MPB assured me that they would honor the original price.  They didn't and charged me the new higher price.  I wrote them in follow up to this.  They never even gave me the courtesy of a response.

This dealing with MPB was a total fiasco!  It may have been an exception but I will never deal with them again.  Pure "amateur hour"  from start to finish.  

I sold the lens to another dealer, there was no fungus.  Use them at your risk, based upon my experience.

Thanks Steve. it is always good to learn about experiences.  All I know is that they have a good reputation, but if they pull little hat tricks like with you, that good reputation will probably not last very long. 

Of course it is always about money and selling or trade-ins always triggers a different attitude that outright buying in my experience. (there is little money in it and it's bad for their cash flow)

I think that their good reputations comes from the notion that they test everything. B and H and Adorama don't.

I have a similar not so good experience with Adorama and I know people who have similar experiences with B and H, but overall they are still reputable companies i think.

Some give warranty on used equipment and some don't , but that might be just on analog equipment. Digital equipment is more tricky for warranties

The only used equipment I buy nowadays is old vintage stuff and that is a whole different ball game (just bought a 1970 something Gossen SBC with 1 degree spot attachment if you can remember those.

4 hours ago, Steve Bower said:

Focus,

While I don't want to contradict Rudy, I have dealt with MPB and I was not impressed.  As far as I can tell they "recommend" a particular camera or lens for no other reason than they have had it in their inventory longer than similar items.  I've watched specific products within their inventory and this has always proved to be correct, at least on those items.  

Without going into great detail, I attempted to trade in a lens and buy one of their used cameras.  They said the lens had fungus growing in it and returned it,  I decided to buy the camera anyhow but in the mean time the price had gone up on the camera.  MPB assured me that they would honor the original price.  They didn't and charged me the new higher price.  I wrote them in follow up to this.  They never even gave me the courtesy of a response.

This dealing with MPB was a total fiasco!  It may have been an exception but I will never deal with them again.  Pure "amateur hour"  from start to finish.  

I sold the lens to another dealer, there was no fungus.  Use them at your risk, based upon my experience.

I got a quote from them on all my Nikon gear that I was going to trade in on another system.  When they sent me only one mailing label for what was going to be about 7 separately packaged shipments, I wrote and called them and never got a response.  A friend who works sales at a camera store in Michigan read their quote and said it sounded "too good to be true".  I never got back to them.  When I do decide to either trade or sell all my Nikon gear, I'll do it through a local store and deal with people face-to-face, as I have always done in the past.

1 hour ago, Phil Lowe said:

I got a quote from them on all my Nikon gear that I was going to trade in on another system.  When they sent me only one mailing label for what was going to be about 7 separately packaged shipments, I wrote and called them and never got a response.  A friend who works sales at a camera store in Michigan read their quote and said it sounded "too good to be true".  I never got back to them.  When I do decide to either trade or sell all my Nikon gear, I'll do it through a local store and deal with people face-to-face, as I have always done in the past.

Strike 2. One more and MPB is out.

I am man enough to admit that I am wrong. lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that  6D is a perfect camera, it'll produce professional images suitable for pretty much any type of photography you can imagine, I used one for 3 years before I swapped to M43.

That said, if I were you I wouldn't bother buying a 6D unless you're looking to shoot fast moving subjects. Just get the Panasonic GH4 and use it for stills as well. I do all my professional work on a GX8 now. Spend your money on lenses.