Can I use nik collection plugins?

On 3/28/2020 at 1:43 PM, Lebid Volodymyr said:

I am new and want to know this. Will the use of nik collection plugins when processing photos and their subsequent uploading to the shutterstock be considered copyright violation

?

For commercials no problem, you can (nearly) do what you like. 

For editorials you must not distort the images too much. So careful with  strong or artficial color "corrections". 

On 3/28/2020 at 2:43 PM, Lebid Volodymyr said:

I am new and want to know this. Will the use of nik collection plugins when processing photos and their subsequent uploading to the shutterstock be considered copyright violation

?

Copyright violation of the software itself or what? Why would it be?

The old Nik collection (Google) was free at some point and it is still offered by DxO for free (the old one).

On 3/28/2020 at 8:43 AM, Lebid Volodymyr said:

?

No.  Using them would not be considered copyright violation.

1 hour ago, Whiteaster said:

I think this shows the answer:

Nik.thumb.jpg.a70cc30d6d799d8aacc00c07b5cda9bd.jpg

"we have not developed them" = we don't own the copyright

https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/categories/115002389907-Nik-Collection-by-DxO

Free download of the old version: https://nikcollection.dxo.com/nik-collection-2012/

No No. I don't wonder about it for myself (you know better than that LOL) I have the paid DxO version. That red underlined part is about support, not copyright ownership

Like you, I was wondering why the OP brought up potential copyright violation when a NIK filter was applied.

Unless.......

1 hour ago, Rudy Umans said:

No No. I don't wonder about it for myself (you know better than that LOL) I have the paid DxO version. That red underlined part is about support, not copyright ownership

Like you, I was wondering why the OP brought up potential copyright violation when a NIK filter was applied.

Unless.......

Ah, sorry, I understand now. I know that you have your own DxO.

Strange question indeed.