Hey guys,

I´m looking for a good camera which should´t cost to much. Photography is more a hobby for me, which I´m doing from time to time. That´s why I don´t need the "best" camera.

Which camera would you recommend? Of course the picture should still have a good quality.  :D It would also be great, if the camera isn´t too complicated to use, because I don´t have a lot of experiences...

Thank you for your help!

Anja

5 hours ago, Skygirl007 said:

Hey guys,

I´m looking for a good camera which should´t cost to much. Photography is more a hobby for me, which I´m doing from time to time. That´s why I don´t need the "best" camera.

Which camera would you recommend? Of course the picture should still have a good quality.  :D It would also be great, if the camera isn´t too complicated to use, because I don´t have a lot of experiences...

Thank you for your help!

Anja

How much do you have to spend?  Answering that may significantly narrow down your choices.

16 hours ago, Phil Lowe said:

How much do you have to spend?  Answering that may significantly narrow down your choices.

Perfect and always the first question before we can answer with any intelligence. 👍

Second question, what do you want to photograph?

Third is what will the photos be used for?

18 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

A used camera that was top of the line two or three years ago is your best value.

And also a good general answer, because it's true. 🙂

22 hours ago, Skygirl007 said:

Hey guys,

Thank you for your help!

Anja

If you know how to use a camera properly, there really isn't complicated and simple. If you don't know, there's always the letter A or P, but knowing how photography works, isn't complicated based on which camera you own. Meaning ISO, Shutter speed and aperture adjustments, are the same psychics of light everywhere in the world and on all the cameras. How anyone uses the available settings is the important part.

General cliche answer: The best camera is the one that you have with you. 😎

On 3/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, Skygirl007 said:

Which camera would you recommend?

On 3/24/2020 at 3:06 PM, HodagMedia said:

Second question, what do you want to photograph?

Good and important question. A different camera is useful for landscape photography than for street photography. Macro photography or sports photography have different requirements.  But of course it can be too expensive to buy different equipment for every occasion...So we come here:

On 3/23/2020 at 4:49 PM, Skygirl007 said:

Photography is more a hobby for me, which I´m doing from time to time.

It is something like that with me. I also have a knack for snapshots, quick and dirty. So I prefer small equipment. 
A very good compromise and the camera I always have with me and use for most of my photos is this one:

https://www.sony.de/electronics/cyber-shot-kompaktkameras/dsc-rx100m6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have started 3-4 years ago with 8mpx point and shoot SONY, photos were accepted so so, i was happy, then i moved to 14 mpx point and shoot SONY

didnot really think at that time about posting my pics for sale, then i got myself a mirrorless camera also sony the one that cost 350$ I think it was  21px? don't remember, gave it away to children who successfully broke it...then i gor sony Alpha 5000, liked it, and managed to save some money and now shoot with sony alpha6100  24 mpx, which is also mirrorless- everything shot is with just a factory supplied lense.

i tried the one that is 210 mm- did not see the difference. but may be thats me?

i saw the a small difference between 14 mpx a point and shoot and 21 mpx 21 mirrorless.

Never tried DSLR yet.

• 3 weeks later...