BublikHaus

Huge issues with Noise Rejections

3 hours ago, aluxum said:

Videos from Mavic 2 PRO 1 inch sensor at 100 ISO. All rejected because of noise.

That's been happening to me a lot lately. Even though the videos looked clear to me.  However, my latest videos were accepted.  
I had made a change, replacing the ND 8 with a ND 16. I don't know if it was coincidence or reason. 

17 hours ago, KenSoftTH said:

It only cost $40 a month here in Bangkok, Thailand to own a 1000/1000 Mbps connection. The cost goes as low as $19 a month if you don't want high upload (1000/100 Mbps in that case)

If you're lucky (or unlucky) enough to live in the middle of a major city or town and right next to the fibre and they have the infrastructure then you're one of a tiny number of people.

Im in a town but not a city, same country.  Max speed is roughly 4-5mbps and for higher cost than that.

Cayman you got 10mbps down, 512k up for $150 a month.

In the UK we can get 40-50mbps down and 20 up for $75 a month.  Looking at the figures Wales has an average d/l speed of 33mbps, england 47mbps (likely higher due to the number of high speed connections available in the middle of the big cities).  Go to a more rural area and 2-4mbps adsl is still the common.

For most people those sort of speeds are simply unavailable regardless of cost.

13 hours ago, geogif said:

I had made a change, replacing the ND 8 with a ND 16. I don't know if it was coincidence or reason. 

Thats not going to do anything.  All that means is your shutter speed can be optimised a bit (thats a different reason).

Lots of consumer cameras and drones create quite obvious compression artefacts which would fall into the noise reason.

For fun and to see that, take a mavic 2, space it maybe 100m distant and 50m high from something (a street, a row of houses, a beach, whatever).  Point the nose at that and fly it full speed in p-gps mode sideways.  On the resulting video you'll see a ton of stuttering and compression artefacts from the low bit rate and algorithm.  It pulses, it strobes, it looks horrible.

For sure a lot of these rejections are NOT real noise or artefacts (im beginning to think its just a random automatic thing to keep the numbers down when the queue gets too big) but the M2P is certainly not immune to artefacts on video, not due to the sensor, but due to the low bit rate and compression used recording the video.

Yesterday we were watching a new movie from Hollywood production on an original blu ray disc.

Some scenes had so much noise in the sky that I could not believe my eyes. Shutterstock would never approve those scenes.

Do you think anyone suggested to stop watching the movie because there is noise in the sky? 😄

On 3/20/2020 at 7:02 AM, BublikHaus said:

Hi everyone, 

I am starting this topic to ask for your advice. Lately 70% of my footage has been rejected for Noise/Artifacts reason.

And by lately I mean the last 4-5 months. We've been submitting videos for more than 4 years, and we always improve the quality of our color grading and the equipment we shoot on.

Right now we are even downscaling from 6k footage to 4k. We've been trying to tackle the issue by using more denoiser in Da Vinci and filming with more light, but SS reviewers still cut us short on every upload. 

I understand that lately the policy been to decrease the amount of low quality content, not trying to sound pretentious, but I feel like with our multiple shots being on first pages of different category best sellers proves that we take time and pride in creating and editing our content.

To add the cheery to the cake, we even uploaded a video which was a static shot, and only a small piece in the center was moving. Call it cinemagraph if you want. And then that shot got rejected for noise. How can you have noise if the image i not even moving?

1766690671_ScreenShot2020-03-20at14_49_15.thumb.png.2275fe2f645645ddd7d8ad999baafabd.png

Have you had similar issues? Did you manage to get someone proper to talk to and not an AI?

I don't know who to tag, but I guess @Alex Shutterstock and @Kate Shutterstock can explain why SS is black listing their "veteran" contributors. 

It honestly makes me very sad, taking into account how much effort we put in, and how well our content is accepted on other platforms.

Stay safe and healthy! Peace

I have real empathy for you with all of the incorrect rejections.  Down scaling from 6k even.  Wow.  I'm having the same issues and thought my gear was outdated with whatever new guidelines are in place.  I use a Panasonic GH4 shooting UHD and HD.  I've uploaded a couple thousand clips with this camera with no problem.  I'm going to take a break from SS and upload a new batch of travel clips elsewhere until hopefully this gets sorted out.  

@Working Title Productions

Hi-I've been thinking about this for days. I just deleted 28 photos that were sitting in my port, waiting to be submitted. What for? So AI or some underpaid soul in India could reject them for no good reason? Why waste my time?

Like many other photographers, I'm going elsewhere, at least temporarily. I'd love to keep uploading here. Until recently I loved working with SS. Now there's no point. I really hope that changes. I really do.  

1 hour ago, Diane Leach said:

. I just deleted 28 photos that were sitting in my port, waiting to be submitted. What for? So AI or some underpaid soul in India could reject them for no good reason? Why waste my time?

For my experience, photos are not the problem. Sometimes wrong judgements, but mostly ok. Right now (weekend!) a whole batch    from me was accepted without rejection.

Footage is the problem, So far  as I can see.

You should think about your decision. You have a great PF.

1 hour ago, oleschwander said:

Of course, Doug ..! 🤪

What's your point?  Despite the plague I'm only $22 ($2707 vs. $2729)  below March 2019 with two full weekdays to go.  Sales have definitely slowed down in the last two weeks but things are still looking okay, all things considered.

1 hour ago, Doug Jensen said:

What's your point?  Despite the plague I'm only $22 ($2707 vs. $2729)  below March 2019 with two full weekdays to go.  Sales have definitely slowed down in the last two weeks but things are still looking okay, all things considered.

Of course Doug. We know you are shoveling money in no matter what  .. It's a joke, Doug .... But again - you are not the most humorous person here ... on the contrary it seems.

Just now, C and L Perry said:

Congrats on your sales. I wish you would share a couple of your favorite photos, not the most sold but your favorites. Just trying to understand an artist's mind!

And who are you addressing ..?

I don't do photos, that's why I earn money.  :-)

You can look at my portfolio any time you'd like if you want to see my work, but you shouldn't trust what SS says are my bestsellers.  I'm not sure where they get those rankings from because they don't represent actual sales.

27 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

Of course Doug. We know you are shoveling money in no matter what  .. It's a joke, Doug .... But again - you are not the most humorous person here ... on the contrary it seems.

You're right.  I fail to see the humor in your post.  You've always got something negative to toss my direction so that's exactly what I expect from you.

5 hours ago, geogif said:

For my experience, photos are not the problem. Sometimes wrong judgements, but mostly ok. Right now (weekend!) a whole batch    from me was accepted without rejection.

Footage is the problem, So far  as I can see.

You should think about your decision. You have a great PF.

Thank you...but my photos are rejected continuously... I’m tired of it. All that effort for a quarter? I don’t mean to sound rude to you. I’m upset by it. I don't see the point in point in uploading right now. Good luck. Stay healthy. (Edited orginal response as I felt it was too emotional.)

5 hours ago, Diane Leach said:

(Edited orginal response as I felt it was too emotional.)

Your original version was probably right.
If I reread my post now, early in the morning, it actually seems a bit pretentious. 
That was not my intention. 
Looking at the photos in your PF, which are far superior in quality to my amateur snapshots, I didn't think you would have to fight with rejection. I can't understand that either. But that's a big mistake by SS. It's a great pity. 
In any case, however you continue, I wish you good luck and stay healthy. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

7 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

You're right.  I fail to see the humor in your post.  You've always got something negative to toss my direction so that's exactly what I expect from you.

My comments are not negative Doug.

Many images I've sold this week have been rejected twice by SS. If I hadn't persisted in resubmitting them, neither I nor SS would have sold them. This is what bugs me. Many customers don't care if an image is in pristine quality or not as long as they serve a purpose. Most are going to be used in web articles only anyway. I think SS are shooting themselves in the foot with these absurd Noise/Focus rejections.

2 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

Every single image I've sold this week has been rejected twice by SS. If I hadn't persisted in resubmitting them, neither I nor SS would have sold them. T

Doesnt really work like that.  The buyer would probably have bought someone elses image, already online of the same subject instead.

3 minutes ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Doesnt really work like that.  The buyer would probably have bought someone elses image, already online of the same subject instead.

They wouldn't have because my images are the only ones available for that particular location and subject.