IM_VISUALS

7 years hard work, 130 pages and..."Your account has been terminated"?!

On 3/17/2020 at 11:27 AM, Adrian Grosu said:

Hang in there, mate. I know what are you going through, in January I found my account closed without any warning or email providing a reason. I was also devastated, because I'm doing microstock for a living and my main income is still coming from Shutterstock. Fortunately they admitted it was a mistake and my portfolio was back online entirely on the day after. Hopefully they will do the same for you soon.

Shutterstock, how can you play with people life like that?! And what do you expect?! We are selling our illustrations/vectors for a few cents and our motion backgrounds for a few dollars, now you want us to have in our portfolios only unique works of art?! Of course there will be some slightly similar in the vector/3d works!

You really should calibrate better your software employed to do this, and when it comes to the human that have to validate the decision, train them to take this most seriously! Not to just press that button because they can! Destroying people life just like that, because he/she is too lazy to take a deeper look! Press the warning button instead, why else do you have the warning system?!

If the similar issue is that heavy, send a mass warning like "delete your similar works or we will do it, along with your entire portfolio". After that you could take any action against those not complying.

The "Contributor Care Team" should care about contributors, not "terminate" them! Terminate your reviewers who didn't do their jobs, not contributors!

Great post! 
You should put it on their Facebook page.

1 hour ago, IM_VISUALS said:

It is accelerating guys! almost 3000 images come back out of nothing. They started the recovery with the videos, that's why i think it was slow. Now it is fine. Hoorayy! 

Huh... 🙄

Strange, I can see 7 pages of your videos but only 1 of your images.

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

Yay 🥂

Screenshot_20200318-145701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hooray! Almost there - it shows the number but they are not in the portfolio yet - they should be till tomorrow.
Thank you so much guys. Thank you for the support you gave me on this one!!! It was a tough one!

🍻

And the conclusion - don't upload new images right after you have some rejected images (even few), because the reviewers may recognize it as spam, even if it isn't. And in the worst case they can terminate you port by mistake, instead of just warning.

Cheers!

23 hours ago, PlopandShoot said:

Oooh are we calling out other contribs now? I have a whole list of "old school" contributors who have lots of similars. They've been here for years and years. :) 

I thought the forum was friendly now that the gang had chased off the individuals that offended them? Oh but that doesn't stop some from taking a cheap shot at someone who's not here? Maybe let those that have left, RIP and move on? That would be good?

On 11/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, James R Poston said:

I don't know what happened the last few days or so, but I have noticed that the forum is now worth reading. I can sit back and relax and not worry about listening to one or two individuals going at each other's throat. Hopefully it will stay that way. Debate is fine, but just plain rude comments are worthless.

Ha Ha, dreaming again. 🙂

23 hours ago, IM_VISUALS said:

Thanks you SO MUCH for the strong words and the strong support from your side, this is what i/we need now!
You're totally right in every aspect. And still i don't have any response from anyone. I am with 400 images left (from 12 900).

Really not much that i can add about.

Great news and the servers will update as everything is activated again. Just watching was scary. 12,924 you're on the way back pretty fast.

The laugh I got from this whole farce was the notice saying they had deactivated your minimum payment. Like?  That was going to be necessary?

Very happy for you @IM_VISUALS, such a relevant port with modern, high-quality and original artwork, anything other than bringing it back up fully would have been completely disproportionate!

At the same time, super insecure about uploading anything now (personally had a few "similar" rejections lately that I don't think were foreseeable, and "a few" can mean something in a small port). Hoping for some transparency here... 

16 hours ago, IM_VISUALS said:

Thanks so much guys! I think finally everything is back to normal here! 

And one more time - careful with the frequent uploads  -  sometimes it is considered as spam/similar.

Cheers ! 

Glad for you, Bro!
How are your sales? They are the same as they were before or you see your portfolio stats go down?

2 hours ago, Mehdi Kasumov said:

hi, how can i see you page please

Look under their name.

Ok guys - one interesting thing i just noticed. 

When @Alex Shutterstock wrote me an email, he send me the image which he got from the reviewers team, in which there are my pictures one to another, to see that they are similar.
On that image i saw two or three images which were exactly 1:1 and i didn't remember to had uploaded images twice...

So today i was looking at my port and found something interesting - on my 1st page and on my 3rd one i see identical image and when i click on it it is the same, with the same ID, but it is visible on two different places 🤔

So maybe that explains why they think i have duplicates ?! It is very strange...
What do you think?

1547597525_1stpage.thumb.jpg.85a3f90ebdbb28d2a32fba27aa759563.jpg1999082195_page3.thumb.jpg.8eed4ed886dddb30c8f697bc8726f5a0.jpg

Interesting, have you spoken to SS about this? It seems the system is sort of spamming itself in this instance?

3 hours ago, IM_VISUALS said:

🤔

So maybe that explains why they think i have duplicates ?! It is very strange...
What do you think?

I think it interesting but not dangerous..

My son is a programmer. Algorithms, improvements... something still doesn't work well, then fixes, update... Don't really worry about it :) Just make sure your portfolio doesn't disappear :D I really like your work.  so take care of it :))