IM_VISUALS

7 years hard work, 130 pages and..."Your account has been terminated"?!

8 minutes ago, Benedek Alpar said:

I see, wow, any ideas?

Unfortunately none, I feel with @IM_VISUALS and with anyone who has to deal with such an unjust decision from SS.

I don't know why but I still have a feeling that everything will be clarified and he gets his PF back.

13 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Unfortunately none, I feel with @IM_VISUALS and with anyone who has to deal with such an unjust decision from SS.

I don't know why but I still have a feeling that everything will be clarified and he gets his PF back.

The lack of contributor suport is a big problem here, anyone can be in this nasty situation, i hope youre right.

2 minutes ago, Pressmaster said:

@IM_VISUALS Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

In short, your account hasn't been terminated. It was reactivated after we realized the first message was sent to you incorrectly.

I have looked into your case and have sent you an email with additional information regarding this issue. Please go over the information I sent you and reply if you have any questions.

My sincere apologies for any misunderstanding and for all the inconvenience.

I hope all is well with you and your family during this time.

Stay safe! Stay healthy! :)

Alex

Positive - i received an email, very professionally written. Thanks for that!
I understood what the case is actually, also written my concerns from now in the reply email. Hope there will be no issues bringing back all of my content online on it's positions.

@IM_VISUALS 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

In short, your account hasn't been terminated. It was reactivated after we realized the first message was sent to you incorrectly.

I have looked into your case and have sent you an email with additional information regarding this issue. Please go over the information I sent you and reply if you have any questions.

My sincere apologies for any misunderstanding and for all the inconvenience.

I hope all is well with you and your family during this time.

Stay safe! Stay healthy! :)

Alex

Hi Folks,

As a friendly reminder, to avoid rejections for Similar Content, please adhere to the guidelines in the Contributor Knowledge Base Article Why was my content rejected for Similar Content?

These guidelines reference the most frequently submitted types of similar content. Other types of Similar Content are identified on a case-by-case basis by our global team of content reviewers. You may encounter instances in which your work was rejected even though there is similar content that already exists on the customer site. 

While we address similar content in review, our collection is frequently evaluated and content that does not comply with our guidelines is removed. When addressing content on site that is deemed overly similar, we also evaluate the entirety of the account’s portfolio, which includes how much content was rejected for similar content as well. Continuation of the submission of overly similar content after receiving rejections for this reason may be classified as intentional disregard of Shutterstock’s policies can result in account warnings, suspension or termination.

Review our Terms of Service for more information on our account regulation procedures.

Thanks

Sounds like good news. I hope your port will be repopulated quickly. Some very striking images in your port by the way. Some time back, I remember seeing another port filled with hundreds of near identical images of a group of boats in a harbour in Europe (page after page of them.) I don't get why ports like that are allowed to be in the database and they choose to target yours instead.

Thankyou Alex for rectifying this issue. 

Gosh, it's 5.20am. I had better get to bed.

Really happy that this was satisfactorily resolved.  

Give it time, the files will still be on the server, may take a while, glad you got sorted out :0

2 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Screenshot_20200317-185923_Samsung Internet.jpg

In the contributor panel they are zero for now, but i think they are not in real time sync. Hope everything will go normal, waiting for now.
Thank you so much for the support!!! Hope everything goes normal. 
Stay safe !

6 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Sounds like good news. I hope your port will be repopulated quickly. Some very striking images in your port by the way. Some time back, I remember seeing another port filled with hundreds of near identical images of a group of boats in a harbour in Europe (page after page of them.) I don't get why ports like that are allowed to be in the database and they choose to target yours instead.

Yes,  i remember that port, half color half monochrome, maybe you all remember that girl with orthopedical boots 🙂

44 minutes ago, Alex Shutterstock said:

As a friendly reminder, to avoid rejections for Similar Content, please adhere to the guidelines

Alex - nobody in this thread disagree with what you are writing, it’s common knowledge among most contributors. Also you of course have the right to shut down ports - which can be ok. What people think is not ok is:

- Absolutely no warning before deleting the images

- Absolutely no way to get in touch with you in order to clear things out

- Shutterstock is VERY slow to shut down ports with stolen images. But in this case it seems like you are reacting very fast. Absolutely no answer to contributors complaining about stolen images (if contributors in the forum are typical)

In Shutterstock want to improve something it seems that some kind of communication is desirable in order to achive a good contributor experience. I think this would be a gain for both Shutterstock and especially us contributors.

Thanks.