Jump to content
IM_VISUALS

7 years hard work, 130 pages and..."Your account has been terminated"?!

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, IM_VISUALS said:

From 400 and above to 0 (zero) videos in no time.

4 000 images left from 12 900.

so many hours  put into my work now watching disappear.
 

 0_videos.jpg.4cc779064350a22be3bd5b3041e10508.jpg

This is really incredible!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hortimages said:

@IM_VISUALS I'm sending a rays of support to you. Total disaster! Please let us know how it's going.

Thank you so much!

I am with 2500 images left... and fear from disabling my account in a manner that i connot be able to write here. I hope NOT.

This is insanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IM_VISUALS said:

Hey guys, i am still speechless...

Received email from SS saying these 

"Your Shutterstock contributor account has been terminated due to violations of our content guidelines.Your portfolio contained excessively similar images that have only minor differences. This kind of duplication creates a poor customer experience and it is not permitted."

And now everything is disabled- downloads, uploads and the they say that the next payment will be my FINAL one.. 
This is 7 years hard working, 130 pages, top positions and now they say "bye" without ANY warnings?! 

Is it possible that they system is somehow confused, because my images are mostly 3D Renderings in the neon topic with similar colors, but they are NOT similar!
I just PM them and waiting for answer. This is insane.

How it is possible to have almost 100% acceptance rate, everything is perfect and nice and out of nothing - "You will be terminated..."

I hope that this will be resolved but i am devastated now...

What do you think about that? Any help will be appreciated...

You might want to try calling this number it is their corporate office in NY:(866) 663-3954

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rasomaso said:

Wow, that is incredible. I think SS might be trying to top Pond5 with contributor relations. Seems like in stock world it's enjoy your sales today, cause there might not be any tomorrow.

Its almost as if they saw how badly Getty/IS treated contributors a few years ago and thought "Cool! They got away with it. We can too!".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kate Shutterstock please comment this too.

In this case, it is not clear why SS did not warn the author in advance and did not ask to remove similar works voluntarily.

Criteria for similarness are still not clear for many cases. And when your works were accepted by inspector – this can be count as approvement of your actions. Author gets the signal that he’s doing everything right and continues uploading. Thus the system first encourages such behavior, and then it bans you and it turns out that in fact it was unacceptable.

So it’s obvious that there are mutually exclusive actings of the SS system itself. If something is not allowed by the rules of the system – it shouldn't be accepted and approved by this system. Otherwise it leads to terrible consequences like this.

It can be seen that this author produces high-quality content, why should such an author be banned? There are really very bad portfolios with the similar gradients or the similar icons or just poor-quality images from dilettantes. But such portfolios exist for a long time and no rules affected on them.

Generally, the authors are under pressure of strict requirements, and in return they receive minimal earnings. In such conditions, authors are forced to increase the number of works, which means that either quality or uniqueness can be lost. It’s impossible to generate absolutely new images constantly in huge quantities to be able to earn good money.

Want authors spend more time to create unique content – pay more that authors could afford it.

Want your rules be followed – make sure your system works properly on each level.

Let's say the SS sees some kind of problem because of the similar images as a whole. There are other ways to solve this situation. Why not send a messages to all authors asking them to clean their portfolios voluntarily? Why are extreme measures taken immediately instead of cooperation and constructive dialogue?

@IM_VISUALS, I’m on your side. This situation is unfair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HandMadeFont.com said:

please comment this too.

I think Kate (and others from SS) is seldom answering and it's all regarding general issues, not personals and she's just passing the questions at the same channels as contributors. Maybe she isn't around any more - like Jeff ...

Maybe some of you living in USA (maybe even in NYC) can call SS and try to clear it out ...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, HandMadeFont.com said:

@Kate Shutterstock please comment this too.

In this case, it is not clear why SS did not warn the author in advance and did not ask to remove similar works voluntarily.

Criteria for similarness are still not clear for many cases. And when your works were accepted by inspector – this can be count as approvement of your actions. Author gets the signal that he’s doing everything right and continues uploading. Thus the system first encourages such behavior, and then it bans you and it turns out that in fact it was unacceptable.

So it’s obvious that there are mutually exclusive actings of the SS system itself. If something is not allowed by the rules of the system – it shouldn't be accepted and approved by this system. Otherwise it leads to terrible consequences like this.

It can be seen that this author produces high-quality content, why should such an author be banned? There are really very bad portfolios with the similar gradients or the similar icons or just poor-quality images from dilettantes. But such portfolios exist for a long time and no rules affected on them.

Generally, the authors are under pressure of strict requirements, and in return they receive minimal earnings. In such conditions, authors are forced to increase the number of works, which means that either quality or uniqueness can be lost. It’s impossible to generate absolutely new images constantly in huge quantities to be able to earn good money.

Want authors spend more time to create unique content – pay more that authors could afford it.

Want your rules be followed – make sure your system works properly on each level.

Let's say the SS sees some kind of problem because of the similar images as a whole. There are other ways to solve this situation. Why not send a messages to all authors asking them to clean their portfolios voluntarily? Why are extreme measures taken immediately instead of cooperation and constructive dialogue?

@IM_VISUALS, I’m on your side. This situation is unfair.

Thanks you SO MUCH for the strong words and the strong support from your side, this is what i/we need now!
You're totally right in every aspect. And still i don't have any response from anyone. I am with 400 images left (from 12 900).

Really not much that i can add about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IM_VISUALS said:

If someone can do that, it will be a hero. I will have no words to express my gratitude.
Thanks guys.

There is a discussion about your situation on FB too, in the Badass Stock Footage Shooters group, i spread Olescwander's idea, let's hope someone is brave enough to make that call. 

Hang on there!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Benedek Alpar said:

There is a discussion about your situation on FB too, in the Badass Stock Footage Shooters group, i spread Olescwander's idea, let's hope someone is brave enough to make that call. 

Hang on there!!!

Just joined the group. Really appreciate everything that you are doing guys - i will be doing you all favors after that, i hope everything gone in the positive aspect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope your images are not really deleted. That they can somehow resurrect your port after figuring out what's happened here and why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milo J said:

I just hope your images are not really deleted. That they can somehow resurrect your port after figuring out what's happened here and why.

That's what i fear - i don't know how will they restore all the position and popularity. The worst thing is that i still dont have any answer from human being. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...