Sign in to follow this  
yuilee

I feel SS don't want to help me

I found my portfolio page URL was changed by some bug in 2019.12.24.

Because of this, everyone cannot see my portfolio page and I cannot see it by click "Image Portfolio" on my dashboard.  
I ask them about this several times,  and they always tell me to wait.

It's 2020.03.11 now.

It has been four months and My problem is not resolved.

I notice that the tech issues of other contributers are solved and not taken so much time.

I feel SS broke my page and don't want to help me fix it.

This is my only income. I am feeliing hopeless and I don't know who can help me fix this issue.

This is my broken portfolio below.

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/yui+lee_cute

Customers don't care about your portfolio. Do your images show up in customer searches for specific terms in your metadata or not?  If so, then relax because that is how customers will find your images. 

49 minutes ago, yuilovedraw said:

I found my portfolio page URL was changed by some bug in 2019.12.24.

Because of this, everyone cannot see my portfolio page and I cannot see it by click "Image Portfolio" on my dashboard.  
I ask them about this several times,  and they always tell me to wait.

It's 2020.03.11 now.

It has been four months and My problem is not resolved.

I notice that the tech issues of other contributers are solved and not taken so much time.

I feel SS broke my page and don't want to help me fix it.

This is my only income. I am feeliing hopeless and I don't know who can help me fix this issue.

This is my broken portfolio below.

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/yui+lee_cute

I can find your images, if you are "yuicolour"

Did you change your contributors name?

I can see more images yuicolour you under "Same artist".

But you are right - there is no way to see your hole portfolio.

20 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

Customers don't care about your portfolio. Do your images show up in customer searches for specific terms in your metadata or not?  If so, then relax because that is how customers will find your images. 

My images can show up in searches, but customers cannot go to my portfolio page and see whole images.

Do you think customers are looking at your whole portfolio because YOU created the images?  I don't think that is how customers search.  They look for specific images that meet their needs and they don't care who created them or what other image YOU may have created.  For example, nobody buys one of my clips of an elk going through a river in Yellowstone and then says, "hey I wonder what else this guy has?" and then buys a clip of a Blue Angels jet in slow motion just because it is a great shot.  I wish it worked that way, but it doesn't.  Therefore it is not necessary for a customer to view your portfolio.   As long as your individual images show up in customer searches that is all that matters.  If a customer searches for Blue Angels hopefully my clip will appear. If they search for an elk, hopefully my clip will appear. But it is highly unlikely a customer would be interested in both just because I was the one who shot them. 

Of course I could be wrong.  I can only speak for myself and maybe you are a famous artist with a devoted following who want to buy many of your images.  And that is what creating a "collection" of related images is all about.

20 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I can find your images, if you are "yuicolour"

Did you change your contributors name?

I can see more images yuicolour you under "Same artist".

But you are right - there is no way to see your hole portfolio.

Omg.

I found a new problem.
Eveytime I change my Display Name, and My portfolio URL is changed automatically.

21 minutes ago, Doug Jensen said:

Do you think customers are looking at your whole portfolio because YOU created the images?  I don't think that is how customers search.  They look for specific images that meet their needs and they don't care who created them or what other image YOU may have created.  For example, nobody buys one of my clips of an elk going through a river in Yellowstone and then says, "hey I wonder what else this guy has?" and then buys a clip of a Blue Angels jet in slow motion just because it is a great shot.  I wish it worked that way, but it doesn't.  Therefore it is not necessary for a customer to view your portfolio.   As long as your individual images show up in customer searches that is all that matters.  If a customer searches for Blue Angels hopefully my clip will appear. If they search for an elk, hopefully my clip will appear. But it is highly unlikely a customer would be interested in both just because I was the one who shot them. 

Of course I could be wrong.  I can only speak for myself and maybe you are a famous artist with a devoted following who want to buy many of your images.  And that is what creating a "collection" of related images is all about.

You are right about a lot of things, but in this case you aren't entirely correct. Your point is valid for photographers - although some photographers have a certain look to their photos, in general keeping a consistent look isn't important for a publication when posting photographs. On the other hand, when looking for graphics, icons and illustrations, keeping consistency with graphics is important. It is entirely likely that a buyer of graphics for a website, publication or who knows what, would find an icon or illustration they like and search that artist for more. That holds true whether the images are created by a "famous artist with a devoted following" or not.

I'm assuming from what someone posted above that yuilovedraw is a graphic artist primarily. If I'm wrong about yui's portfolio and he is primarily a photographer, then your point is valid that most buyers probably aren't going to click "more images from artist".

Kirk, I agree with your points and I can think of other examples where seeing someone's entire portfolio might be helpful. But I think that is the exception and not the rule.  But yeah, nothing is ever as black and white as I tend to make things sound. :-)

Seeing someone's portfolio is absolutely vital to building a loyal following of customers. @yuilovetodraw You can only change the portfolio name once. What's your current portfolio url?

On 3/12/2020 at 3:23 PM, Anita Ponne said:

Seeing someone's portfolio is absolutely vital to building a loyal following of customers. @yuilovetodraw You can only change the portfolio name once. What's your current portfolio url?

It is a bug.
I change my display name, and the URL on my portfolio page is changed togather.

But my real url in my account is not changed.

Because of this issue, I cannot go to my portfolio page by my dashboard or below my images.

There is no way to go to my portfolio page. 

😢

They don't want to answer me.😢

I didn't do any thing wrong. They broke my page and don't want to answer me.

I work so hard on my images, and I have been waiting with all my patience so many months.

I really don't know why they did this to me.

1 hour ago, yuilovedraw said:

They don't want to answer me.😢

I didn't do any thing wrong. They broke my page and don't want to answer me.

I work so hard on my images, and I have been waiting with all my patience so many months.

I really don't know why they did this to me.

@Alex Shutterstock explain, please ..!

Omg this is terrible! This is another bug, but the biggest problem is  the support - when they terminated my port without a reason it was a NIGHTMARE to get touch with them looking at my portfolio melting down image by image. Actually i still think that my colleagues here at the forum are responsible for my issue being resolved! 🙏

Thank god @Alex Shutterstock saw my issue and oiled the rusty gears.. Try to contact him with PM. I think here is your guy!

Don't worry everything will go in place!  Just send message to Alex, and also try again to get in touch with them from the contact forms.

Crossing fingers!

19 hours ago, IM_VISUALS said:

Omg this is terrible! This is another bug, but the biggest problem is  the support - when they terminated my port without a reason it was a NIGHTMARE to get touch with them looking at my portfolio melting down image by image. Actually i still think that my colleagues here at the forum are responsible for my issue being resolved! 🙏

Thank god @Alex Shutterstock saw my issue and oiled the rusty gears.. Try to contact him with PM. I think here is your guy!

Don't worry everything will go in place!  Just send message to Alex, and also try again to get in touch with them from the contact forms.

Crossing fingers!

Thank you. I will try this again.😢

@Studio 2
I PMd him but it is unopened.

And the Shutterstock Contributor Care Team said they will be informing me with the resolution.

It is still no response from them.
When I send again this problem to Shutterstock Contributor Care Team, they always say Your Shutterstock question has been marked as resolved: "Re: Report a Bug - Report a Bug - Other".

I don't know how to do to fix my page.....

For some reason I think the port(s) of the OP have been deleted. The Yuocolour port that Wilm quoted also doesn't show any images except the message 'Oop's that was unexpected', well , we all no what that means.

4 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

2 questions

1. Are you still selling images?

2. Does your port still exist or is it deleted (in which case the answer to 1. must be 'no'?)

Yes, I still can selling images.

My account is still there.
But I cannot go to my portfolio page from my dashboard and my name below my image.

@Studio 2
It is still a problem.
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/chinese-dessert-dumpling-bamboo-steamers-1484289944 
If someone don't know my ig, they cannot go to my portfolio page.
I click the display name below my image, It is go to 404.

I want to display my artworks to friends and others through any images on Shutterstock.
It is my portfolio, I really want it back to normal.🤧

I am really sorry for taking a long time to answer you, I am not so good at English.