My account is disabled :(

I'm sorry, but if this was my design with my crown and I would find your image, where I can expand the crown vertically by 140% and it suddenly looks exactly like mine, I would complain.

Concerning the example with the footprints: If they were the logo of a well known company, you would find yourself in a critical legal situation from my personal perspective. The fact that nobody who uploads such icons at microstock obtains trademark protection for them beforehand is the core problem. That's the reason why there are so many "similar" images in all the Microsoft databases. 

I have no right to judge. I also don't know the background of why your port was disabled.
But my eyes perceive files of you, which might be a problem from my point of view, as I wrote above.

Krone.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly. The time for removing/rejecting content deemed unacceptable as at the review stage.  If it passes review it should be SS problem not the contributors (provided its not IP theft etc).

Peter,   I believe you when you say, that you created all your files on your own. Maybe there is another problem. It seems to me that you have often found your inspiration from other co

In the US, work based on existing work is called derivative work and the creator of this derivative work does not have copyright protection on the existing elements in the work, only on the new elemen

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Peter,

I believe you when you say, that you created all your files on your own. Maybe there is another problem.

It seems to me that you have often found your inspiration from other contributors.
Drawing a vector yourself is one thing. Developing your own idea is the other.
If I just compare a few images here, I could imagine that other cointributors might have complained.

Flugzeug_1.jpg

Flugzeug_2.jpg

Fuesse_1.jpg

Fuesse_2.jpg

Krone_1.jpg

Krone_2.jpg

Love_1.jpg

Love_2.jpg

Right Wilm, it seems that Peter was inspired by other work too often. I see this as the biggest problem.

2 hours ago, Peter_ml said:

Aaron, i appreciate your thinking. First of all i also make photos from more than 10 years, and know very well that stealing photos is not good. And i not make it ! But ... if you photograph girl on horse, and i make same picture (with another girl and horse, or even the same) - may be i am a criminal, because i steal your idea?  If another designer use Dollar sign in vector, and i use it also - i am criminal ? Or if i see red heart on girl shirt in city center - i can not use red hearts in my vectors - because i steal idea ??? So many example. If this is problem - just check how many vectors look similars. And they are accepted from SS. Why, if this is problem ? So, SS must delete 99% from vector accounts here, because of same elements.

Of course i not use logos, company slogans ... and make everything alone. And i am not feel thieve, or criminal. I am here with my name and my picture.

From what i know ... ideas cannot be subject to copyright ... I think in law, somewhere is written exactly like that ... everyone has the right to give his or her own interpretation of a topic / idea according to his / her abilities ... reference Shakespeare, Marlowe, Goethe, etc. ...

If SS have problem with some my files - why they not ask before shoot ? And if they make what they do to me ... they must delete half of SS accounts and close vector section.

Up to now i send them by email all files that they want, print screens, with computer name, data, software, metadatas ... 

Well hope for the best. And no if you have the same idea and create something better and different from it. You are not in the wrong, no one can copyright an idea. Just the end product. It is like saying you have the Monopoly on everything which is against the law in free market economy.

In the US, work based on existing work is called derivative work and the creator of this derivative work does not have copyright protection on the existing elements in the work, only on the new elements. So, in order to have full copyright on the works in question, they need to be different enough of the existing work for it to be called a "new work" and from what I saw and according to your own admission, they are not.

In other words, you do not have full copyright on those submissions and owning full copyright on submissions is one of the requirements of Shutterstock. The same for work that was based on works already in Public Domain.

disclaimer: not legal advice

1 hour ago, Rudy Umans said:

In the US, work based on existing work is called derivative work and the creator of this derivative work does not have copyright protection on the existing elements in the work, only on the new elements. So, in order to have full copyright on the works in question, they need to be different enough of the existing work for it to be called a "new work" and from what I saw and according to your own admission, they are not.

In other words, you do not have full copyright on those submissions and owning full copyright on submissions is one of the requirements of Shutterstock. The same for work that was based on works already in Public Domain.

disclaimer: not legal advice

Exactly!

Yes, the problem is for this simple popular black icons that all look similar (or actually some of them are same) ... and some of them just can not look different ! There are thousands of them. And i make my alone, not steal it from other place. And send to support all files that they want, exif data, meta data ... to see that i make them alone. All of them was accepted here , reviewers not return them for similars and now ... they kill all my One and half year everyday work.

Still not answer from support for everything that i send them and explain them, not answer from Kate ... and my complete profile are already delete ...  

So ... i wish all the contributor here to not have this bad luck to have some similar files like this in pictures.  Because they will be next killed. No understanding, not talking to solve problem, no notice ... if you think that in SS works machines - you are probably right, and contributors are nobody for machines.

59 minutes ago, oleschwander said:

I can see that Peter maybe have got some ideas here and there. But if Shutterstock wants to clean up theres lots of work ... These are just a very few quick examples of similars from the first page of the port. So he's certainly not alone.

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 15.35.36.png

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 18.56.06.png

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 18.55.40.png

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 18.58.55.png

OMG, how can something like this be allowed? and who knows how many similar examples.

• 1 month later...

I feel very bad about him.

People are saying he got ideas from other contributors.

Well, but the solution is not disabling his account. May be at least send warnings to him to delete the similar files? and then, after about 2, 3 warnings, if he doesn't delete them, then disable the account? Which has some humanity way.

Plus, if the images are similar, what did SS accepted them?

1 hour ago, MotionEmo said:

May be at least send warning

We creative artists should actually be able to recognize similar images.

And then perhaps ask ourselves if we don't put a large part of them in the spare parts box. 

Or distribute to the different agencies in a sensible way. 

Everybody should do that, even you.

1 hour ago, MotionEmo said:

Plus, if the images are similar, what did SS accepted them?

If my foto is completly free of any noise, why is it rejected because of noise?

I agree they are all similar, and I dont have one of this in my folio, but I might! And if you get closer look, although there are a lot of similar (and identical) a lot of them have something specific, there are: 1 purple, 2 blues, 2whites and 2blacks, a lot of them after keep calm and... sais love: usa, motherland, home, money, paris, uk, god, california, homeland, russia...and others after and...said: ride on, dressage on, trot on, trail on, center on, exercize, bbq, be cool, Im veterinary, eventing on, western ride on, dressage event on, be a princess, read a sci fi on, drink coffe, keep calm, read books. And who knows what buyer wants to buy?

Me personaly i like most: Keep calm and be a princess and Keep calm and keep calm, think they are most creative. And NOBODY cant stop me if I want to made my own variant of this popular sign...

keepcalm.jpg

On 3/10/2020 at 7:04 PM, oleschwander said:

I can see that Peter maybe have got some ideas here and there. But if Shutterstock wants to clean up theres lots of work ... These are just a very few quick examples of similars from the first page of the port. So he's certainly not alone.

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 15.35.36.png

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 18.56.06.png

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 18.55.40.png

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 18.58.55.png

"I can see that Peter maybe have got some ideas here and there. But if Shutterstock wants to clean up theres lots of work ... These are just a very few quick examples of similars from the first page of the port. So he's certainly not alone."

No, hes not alone, look what I find at the first page of your port, but you have some fresh ideas...here and there :)

fb.jpg

Hey! That bitcoint is not on the first page of my port, as well as clover! :)And my peace sign is better then others, so much better that ss offers another mine between similars, first in a 4th row, black with reflections, I would recognize my peace sign even far away if I look from the sky, and clover is so much non similar that first three in a first row are mine, and my golden frames on black are really gold, and other draw them... 

Ok, you defend Peter, it sounded like: already on first page similars...

I dont know could we help Peter anymore, but my point is it could hapend to any of us, if AI algoritam is changed from 51% similarity to 49% similarity for example...

On 4/21/2020 at 2:52 PM, geogif said:

We creative artists should actually be able to recognize similar images.

Yeah, yeah, first page of port. Im a kind of photographer (as a hoby, no profi equipment, just mobile phone) and I know how interesting and fun makeing of textures could be, If they sale even better, but lets face the truth they are a kind of similar, as well as forest picture, desert picture, and so on...Try to explain to AI that they are not similar at all. 

teks.jpg

5 hours ago, miliusx said:

kind of similar, as well as forest picture, desert picture, and so on...T

Good one, More than 1 image of each variety at fantastillion images in the database, very amazing. 

I've been accused of a lot of things here. Miserable quality, bad compositions, screaming colours, inedible food pictures, a taste like a slug and partial blindness. Most of these accusations were true. However, no one has yet come up with the idea of foisting too many similars on me. The competence to recognize them is obviously yours alone.  Congratulations. 

The examples, also those of Ole, are not from our PFs. Before each submission we would have to check the whole database to find what you think is similars.
Well, I will help you. These are not similars, they do not violate SS rules. They come from many different PFs. They can be dismissed, but they don't lead to warnings or deletion. And I'll give you some friendly advice:

If you want to see a PF with really many similars, see your own. With your PF, SS might think to shut it down for quality reasons and because of too many similars. 

2 hours ago, geogif said:

I've been accused of a lot of things here. Miserable quality, bad compositions, screaming colours, inedible food pictures, a taste like a slug and partial blindness. Most of these accusations were true. However, no one has yet come up with the idea of foisting too many similars on me. The competence to recognize them is obviously yours alone.  Congratulations. 

Not sure did we understand each other very well, I didnt accuse you for anything, i just said that all pictures of Eifel tower, Taj mahal, Statue of liberty, forests, deserts etc.. look a like a little bit for me, and you can find thousands of them on SS, so anybody that way could be acused for derivative or similar work...

The examples, also those of Ole, are not from our PFs. Before each submission we would have to check the whole database to find what you think is similars.

Well, I will help you. These are not similars, they do not violate SS rules. They come from many different PFs. They can be dismissed, but they don't lead to warnings or deletion.

But the same goes for Peters work, examples that Ole find were not from his PF, before each submission he would have to check the whole database to find what Ole and you think is similar...These are not similars, they do not violate SS rules. They come from many different PFs. They can be dismissed, but they don't lead to warnings or deletion.

And I'll give you some friendly advice:

If you want to see a PF with really many similars, see your own. With your PF, SS might think to shut it down for quality reasons and because of too many similars.

Yeah baby, now we understand :)

df.jpg

1 hour ago, miliusx said:

df.jpg

Well, you picked a particularly ugly specimen of my Wadi Rum photos. One of my worst low sellers. 
But I am honoured that you put it in a row with other pictures of deserts and rocks, thank you very much for the compliment. 

The pictures are, as far as I can judge as an ignorant person, everything else but "similars", even if deserts and rocks are shown everywhere. And they come from (again) many different PFs. 
Real similars, those that sometimes make SS delete a PF, you will find in your PF in large quantities. For example your funny coloured circles with the lines in them. 

As usual, at the end again a friendly hint:
All forum visitors can see our PFs, both yours and mine. 

So you think SS should not disable Peters acount, as all similars Ole show us come from diferent peoples PFs? And all have red background and words Keep calm...? 

Dont wory about me, careffuly colored peace signs were accepted not long ago, during similarity police. So they wouldnt be accepted if they were similar to anything else.