Hello Shutterstockians!

The first month of publishing my photos, waiting for the mercy of reviewers and training being patient ($$$) after me! :D

I wanted to ask a few questions to more experienced contributors:

1. How long does it take you to upload, for example, 10 photos? How many photos do you upload weekly?

I'm trying to count my profitability (time spend / income) and for now, I think my editing, keywording and uploading takes me to much time...

2. Do you organize dedicated photo sessions with models/friends for best shots or you upload only photos you made for fun on joy?

Watching people who make money on SS I have this feeling that you have to shoot dedicated sessions to make some money, but maybe I am wrong...

3. Would you like to review my portfolio? It is not so big - but like I said - editing is a nightmare for me (but maybe worth it, because I don't get many rejections!)

All critics, welcome :D

https://www.shutterstock.com/g/marta_dabrowska

Thanks a lot for your answers, my photo friends!

Welcome to SS.

1. Once my photos are ready to upload (edited, keyworded, and exported), it would take 5 minutes if I'm under 20 photos. However, I spend 2-4 minutes editing and keywording each image - something I still need to improve a lot. If I think an image will take longer, I skip it unless I think it has serious commercial potential in a niche.

2. Less than 5% of my portfolio is from dedicated stock projects. Everything else was either multi-purpose (with stock included), pulled from my archives/second-thought, or opportunistic (because it's there). My top sellers were completely unplanned - except for having my equipment handy. That said, it really depends on your subject-matter (e.g., I've found multi-purpose model shoots to be ineffective).

3. You've got a fair number of good images. However, almost all of those that stick out to me are either editorial or nature. Nothing wrong with either (coming from a nature photographer), but editorial images obviously have a limited market and nature photographs are in epic supply. So... I would work a lot on unique, commercially valuable, non-editorial images. IMHO.

On 3/5/2020 at 5:51 PM, marta_dabrowska said:

1. How long does it take you to upload, for example, 10 photos? How many photos do you upload weekly?

I'm trying to count my profitability (time spend / income) and for now, I think my editing, keywording and uploading takes me to much time...

That just depends. There are weeks when I upload little or nothing. On the other hand, if there are special events, demonstrations or the like, then it can be 100 or more pictures per week. Or after a vacation, then I upload for a few weeks constantly. 
However, it takes a very, very long time until Stock really makes measurable money. I am (after 2.5 years) now so far, that I don't need private money for equipment and a big part of the travel expenses anymore, the income of Stock is enough for that now. But also not any more. 

2. Do you organize dedicated photo sessions with models/friends for best shots or you upload only photos you made for fun on joy?

Watching people who make money on SS I have this feeling that you have to shoot dedicated sessions to make some money, but maybe I am wrong.

No. Too elaborate and too expensive. If you have someone who is available as a model for free, you should do it, otherwise it is very questionable if it justifies the costs. 

3. Would you like to review my portfolio? It is not so big - but like I said - editing is a nightmare for me (but maybe worth it, because I don't get many rejections!)

A nice, good average, PF. With many editorials and nature photos. Nature photos are in a very hard competition here. It is possible, but difficult to make money with it. I submit (unplanned) nature photos, because I enjoy taking pictures. I have the most success with nature and landscape photos from areas that are rarely visited by Europeans and Americans. 
I make the biggest part of my turnover with editorials. Although, in theory, editorials have few uses, they make the most money in my PF. And they are the most fun for me, because I like to shoot fast and dirty. Also, the time for editing editorials is shorter. 

13 hours ago, TomPor said:

Mi się Twoje PF podoba i jest zupełnie inne od mojego. Staż w SS mamy chyba bardzo podobny sam jestem ciekaw jak się to Będzie rozwijało. 

In English...?