Craig F Scott

Add Content to Bigstock

I'm not sure if this tipic has been discussed before but I'd really love to see an option allowing contributors to simply add their content to Bigstock without the hassle of going through the entire uploading process. Is this something you'd like to see as well?

They do. Some contributors get their images on Bigstock automatically when they upload at Shutterstock. You have to be invited. I’m not invited but my experience with Bigstock is that they are selling next to nothing, so I have given up Bigstock.

Shutterstock announcement:

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/the-bridge-to-bigstock

SS forum debate on the subject:

The Bridge was a limited test, selected people, then ended, closed and no one new could be added. 2011 was all that fun , that long ago. SS bought BS in 2009:  https://investor.shutterstock.com/news-releases/news-release-details/shutterstock-announces-acquisition-bigstockphoto

Read and laugh.

According to the deal, BigStockPhoto will remain a separate entity, and Shutterstock plans to grow the company’s global presence by investing heavily in marketing, infrastructure and user experience.

Do I think The Bridge was a good idea? You Bet! I'd still be a BS contributor if it was active for us by choice or by image numbers or some way? As it is, I'm not going to spend time uploading everything and indexing twice.

59 minutes ago, Foodio said:

I agree with Oleschwander. It wouldn't surprise me if SS winds this one down in the near future.

If you mean Bigstock entirely, I wouldn't disagree. I don't know how much it costs to keep operating, whether they spend on marketing, or what their gain is, but on the surface, there's no reason for Bigstock to exist that I can think of. Maybe the original BS owners get a percentage of the profits, so SS can't shut it down?

3 hours ago, Adrian Grosu said:

I don't know if Bridge was closed down, but the illustrations I'm uploading to SS still goes automatically to BS. At least they use to, several months ago.

I need to explain, the bridge for people who were not invited, was closed. No new members. Not that it was shut down. 👍 The original test group is still enabled and anything they upload to SS is sent to BS as well.

7 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Ok - I didn’t know it was closed down ... the forum discussion is from October 2018.

23 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

The Bridge was a limited test, selected people, then ended, closed and no one new could be added. 2011 was all that fun , that long ago. SS bought BS in 2009:  https://investor.shutterstock.com/news-releases/news-release-details/shutterstock-announces-acquisition-bigstockphoto

I'll quote myself, there's some kind of language breakdown?

4 hours ago, oleschwander said:

I'll quote yourself, there's some kind of language breakdown?

It is closed, to new people, the old ones are still allowed.

Quoting one word out of context makes no point except making you look desperate to not admit you made a mistake, or you didn't read what I wrote in the first place? There's nothing complicated or deep in this. Here's what I wrote. And right, the opportunity for new people is closed.

"The Bridge was a limited test, selected people, then ended, closed and no one new could be added"

21 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Yes I know. That was what you wrote before ...

OK we're done, thanks, that's what I thought I was saying in the first place? 👍😎