Hi,

I was uploading some photos today, and my photo of a set of vintage silverplate flatware was rejected with the following comment: "Title must be descriptive and relevant to the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot contain special characters, spelling/grammar errors, or repeat words/phrases in excess"

I do not feel any of those were valid reasons.  The description read, "Vintage silverware service for 12 people" That's exactly what was pictured, and it's obviously in English.  It was preciscely relevant and descriptive.

There were no special characters (it said nothing about numerals counting as "special characters") was that the issue?

As far as I know, there were not excess keywords used; only those which targeted various ways people might search for such an item, and yes, that does invove some repetition of similar phrases--which has not been a problem in other submissions I've made, e.g., "scenic, scenery, landscape, scenic view, beautiful landscape,..." etc. on one photo...

I am baffled, but also annoyed, as the whole thing is grayed out, and it won't let me edit or change any of those "problems"  What can I do here?

12-piece service.jpg

😕

Seems ridiculous to me, judging by the plethora of people posting similar problems, personally I wouldn't bother trying to find logic in it.

If it were me I'd just keep changing the title slightly and reuploading until you get a more reasonable and logical reviewer.

Maybe try "Vintage silverware service for Twelve people"?

Theres also a chance the reviewer wasnt paying attention and ticked the wrong box for rejection reason, I guess when submitted again that will be cleared up.

Try a more descriptive, longer sentence with a period on the end. "Vintage silverware service including spoons, forks and knives, laid out on a gray tablecloth." Nevermind the "12" in my opinion. It can be added to keywords but no one is looking for a specific 12 set probably, and there aren't enough large spoons for 12 anyway.

I'll bet that will go through... Good luck.

41 minutes ago, Kirk Fisher said:

Try a more descriptive, longer sentence with a period on the end. "Vintage silverware service including spoons, forks and knives, laid out on a gray tablecloth." Nevermind the "12" in my opinion. It can be added to keywords but no one is looking for a specific 12 set probably, and there aren't enough large spoons for 12 anyway.

I'll bet that will go through... Good luck.

Check out Rain Man, counting the spoons. :P

Just kidding, Good catch, I had not even considered a numerical accuracy issue.

On 2/26/2020 at 1:43 AM, 10Lizzie said:

Hi,

I was uploading some photos today, and my photo of a set of vintage silverplate flatware was rejected with the following comment: "Title must be descriptive and relevant to the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot contain special characters, spelling/grammar errors, or repeat words/phrases in excess"

I do not feel any of those were valid reasons.  The description read, "Vintage silverware service for 12 people" That's exactly what was pictured, and it's obviously in English.  It was preciscely relevant and descriptive.

There were no special characters (it said nothing about numerals counting as "special characters") was that the issue?

As far as I know, there were not excess keywords used; only those which targeted various ways people might search for such an item, and yes, that does invove some repetition of similar phrases--which has not been a problem in other submissions I've made, e.g., "scenic, scenery, landscape, scenic view, beautiful landscape,..." etc. on one photo...

I am baffled, but also annoyed, as the whole thing is grayed out, and it won't let me edit or change any of those "problems"  What can I do here?

12-piece service.jpg

Hi Lizzie,

"silverware" is much more than just cutlery.
Silverware includes, plates, glass coasters, candlesticks, napkin rings, coffee pots, milk jugs, sugar bowls and much more. Therefore the description is not precise enough.

One more remark: On the knife blades you can clearly see the manufacturer's logos. Then the image should only be uploaded as "editorial".