Shutterstock Founder And CEO Jon Oringer To Step Down In April

30 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

Those of us shooting wildlife and nature are probably way ahead of the curve, as that's probably all that's going to be left uncensored everywhere!  :D

And then eventually even that will be censored because our images suggest there are things outside the government's control. :D:unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shutterstock is always welcome to set up office in my house in Mumbai if things are tough in Manhattan. I'll be happy to charge them the going market rate of 500$ a month. Maybe I'll even throw in a f

Didn't think it would happen so soon when I said this yesterday!

The post I replied to said they didn't know who will take over. So I replied with a screenshot of the part that mentions who will take over. Wow... Amazing how a simple intention of trying to help a f

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Debbie, take your chance and try to become forum admin.

Would be definitely your job !

2 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

You haven't checked the date Debby, expired in January.

There are always job openings at SS for some (high) positions.

Well see the latest SS email.

Massive commission reductions for everyone and resets to an insulating 15% every January.

Treating contributors with complete contempt.  They've gone down the full istock route.

So AS is now guaranteed to surpass Shutterstock earnings every month for most people as over a year, most people are about to get a 50%+ pay cut.

5 minutes ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Well see the latest SS email.

Massive commission reductions for everyone and resets to an insulating 15% every January.

Treating contributors with complete contempt.  They've gone down the full istock route.

So AS is now guaranteed to surpass Shutterstock earnings every month for most people as over a year, most people are about to get a 50%+ pay cut.

I also got the email but I don't know how the percentages translate to dollars (or cents).

What the heck is this? Has SS gone nuts?? I only reached $500 not too long ago and was enjoying .33c sub sales. Looks like I'll have to wave goodbye to them. I feel sorry for all the SS contributors right now. There's bound to be a lot of anger and frustration going around.

10 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

What the heck is this? Has SS gone nuts?? I only reached $500 not too long ago and was enjoying .33c sub sales. Looks like I'll have to wave goodbye to them. I feel sorry for all the SS contributors right now. There's bound to be a lot of anger and frustration going around.

I bettcha! they even closed the new discussion that was just started on the new pay structure topic! maybe ss will rethink the move, seeing the fury coming from contributors. we all (?) have some dignity. I closed two accounts before after spending so much time uploading and all. I think some contributors here as well will just throw in the towel, rather than earn 11 cents on a photo!  

I'm tired of being spit upon by all the different agencies. The only way to put a stop to this is if we band together. As of right now I am creating the Stock Submitters Coalition. It is and will always be free to join. My hope is that we can get enough contributors on board that the companies have to take us seriously when we bring issues to them. The first step is to get an idea of how many people would join such a coalition. I have created a form. If you are interested in putting more control back into the hands of contributors please sign the form. Also share it in every forum and social media outlet you can think of to make its presence known. https://forms.gle/zrq3RswRpYsu6jmq6

10 hours ago, Jake Sorensen said:

I'm tired of being spit upon by all the different agencies. The only way to put a stop to this is if we band together. As of right now I am creating the Stock Submitters Coalition. It is and will always be free to join. My hope is that we can get enough contributors on board that the companies have to take us seriously when we bring issues to them. The first step is to get an idea of how many people would join such a coalition. I have created a form. If you are interested in putting more control back into the hands of contributors please sign the form. Also share it in every forum and social media outlet you can think of to make its presence known. https://forms.gle/zrq3RswRpYsu6jmq6

I filled it out.  Hope we can make a difference.  What I make per image download (and the 60 cent video crap) won't pay to park my car for 2 minutes in Los Angeles.  We're worth more than that.

23 hours ago, Firn said:

From what I can tell overall sales are also going down on Adobe. I am having my 4th poor sales week in a row there. I asked about sales on Adobe here before and most people said they were doing well, so at first I thought it was just me. But yesterday I noticed that my overall Adobe rank is still constantly going up, which means that, even though my sales are not great there (about 50% down from last month, still an okay number of sales, but mostly the are just the lowest sub sales), more people than me must have even poorer sales, otherwise my rank would not go up while sales go down, right?

Same here.

Until last month, AS sales were about three times as high as SS. The sales unit price is much higher for AS. This month, however, the number of AS downloads is low, and SS sales are double that of AS. It' s very strange.