geogif

Video rejections

38 minutes ago, geogif said:

Of course all videos were accepted by AS and P5.

Geogif, how do you find sales on AS and P5?

I only joined P5 in December but have only had two sales there and the last one was in February, and have more vids there too. 

5 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Geogif, how do you find sales on AS and P5?

Sales at AS are very rare.
But I know that from AS from the photos. When I started, they were far below SS, but in the meantime they have caught up.
I hope that it will be similar with videos. 

P5 has changed. At the beginning and until the end of last year, the videos at P5 were the most effective. At the end of last year, the sales collapsed massively, completely incomprehensible. 
I can see it with me also at the numbers of visitors. Compared to the middle of 2019, they are now only about a quarter. 
But it seems to be slowly improving again, I had 2 sales last week at P5. 

6 minutes ago, geogif said:

Sales at AS are very rare.
But I know that from AS from the photos. When I started, they were far below SS, but in the meantime they have caught up.
I hope that it will be similar with videos. 

P5 has changed. At the beginning and until the end of last year, the videos at P5 were the most effective. At the end of last year, the sales collapsed massively, completely incomprehensible. 
I can see it with me also at the numbers of visitors. Compared to the middle of 2019, they are now only about a quarter. 
But it seems to be slowly improving again, I had 2 sales last week at P5. 

Yes, interesting thanks for your reply. (Y) 

Same here, some batches almost all accepted, others lots of rejections. Whether they reject for noise or not has absolutely nothing to do with whether there actually is noise. Also getting rejections for "similar" if submitting two videos of the same subject, even though angle, focal length etc etc completely different. Normally when find a decent subject it's a good idea to take a few close up/far away, different angle etc so buyer has choice, but seems nobody told the reviewers.

Sales on AS can be quite good, and all still $28 or more, whereas here those $3 sales are going to become the norm when people use up their clip packs and switch to subs. I'll definitely keep uploading there, when SS lose their market lead it will be to AS. 

Sales on P5 have collapsed, I presume after they rolled out their exclusive program they pushed exclusive content to the front of searches. They were good up to December 31, then changed things and probably not worth submitting to anymore. 

At least they are consistent in their inconsistency.
They did it again. 
One flight, gently programmed, without wild changes in altitude, no daring turns and optimal lighting conditions. 
The flight video was 7 minutes long.
Cut 3 short snippets from it, all of course in the same quality.

2 rejected because of "noise", 1 accepted (P5 and AS all accepted). 

Dirt, moisture, what the fcuk? D500 in daylight, fo real? major bs standarts right here. Plus, its not like shooting wildlife videos is the easiest thing to do - you may have the equipment, but you need skill, patience, knowledge and luck to get the freaking results. And at the end of the day some jerk to say its moisty or whatever.