Yes, I just read it all but can't figure out what is new or even which version is this. It would be nice if they would point out the changes instead of linking to a search result for the previous version.

Though I noticed that if you misbehave on the forum, they close your SS account but I can't remember if that was already earlier there.

I think the misbehaving part was in there before, but you get banned from the forums first maybe? I can never find the differences either. I think it's better if they highlight the areas where they made the changes or at least include a summary of "here's what we changed" and to read more, look at the full T&S.

In case you didn't get the email yet, Shutterstock condensed some of the new terms:

Below are some of the key changes that have been made to our Terms of Service:

•To allow for future updates to be enabled, the terms related to opting out of certain license types have been removed.

•References to pay-by-check have been removed, as this has been removed as a payment option.

•We have modified the terms regarding the rights and obligations with respect to dispute resolution to ensure their enforceability and applicability.

The key changes mentioned above are not an exhaustive list, and other terms have been tweaked. Please take a moment to review the new agreement.

20 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

I'm presuming they didn't remove the sensitive use opt out feature. I didn't think one could opt out of any other types of sales unless one deactivates their port entirely. So it doesn't sound like a lot of changes to me either.

It's not listed apparently but:

SS_Feb_2020_License_Options.jpg

Screen shot today

'If Shutterstock makes an overpayment of royalties or other compensation to you for any reason, Shutterstock shall have the right to deduct the amount of such overpayment from your accrued royalties or to demand the immediate repayment of such overpaid royalties or other compensation'

Maybe that's the main innovation...

27 minutes ago, JStone said:

what does this mean? 

In short, the right to protect the author's works from being used in a detrimental way or context.

It is not new, it was always there. Clients can use our images in any way  or context they please.

A recent example here on the forum was discussed at this thread.

I didn't know so I looked it up. This will save some time for anyone else:

Droit Moral is a French term for Moral Rights. It refers to the personal rights a creator has in their work. It protects artistic integrity and prevents others from altering the work of artists, or taking the artist’s name off work, without the artist’s permission.