Hello,

I am new to shutter stock,I have been recently uploading some photos but they have been rejected so I would kindly like if i get some tips on how to improve the photos which i have taken so that they can be approved.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Verema,

Given the fact that I see no evidence of a portfolio, I must assume that all of your photos were rejected.  If you have accepted image I suggest you log out of the Shutterstock site then log back in.  This will allow us to at least see your accepted photos.

Without any photos to critique it's hard to provide any suggestions for improving your images.  While building a portfolio can be done with a point and shoot camera, the majority of your competition (here at Shutterstock) have DSLR or higher end Mirrorless cameras.  Acceptance standards (while inconsistent) seem to be relatively high at the current time.  P & S cameras will often fall below those standards in many photographic situations.  If you're currently shooting with a DSLR and a good quality lens, we can assume the acceptance  problem is being caused by a lack of experience in photography and a need to improve your skills.

Please provide us with a little more information and photos to critique. Thanks    

On 2/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, Eric Thurber said:

I would be interested to hear the acceptance rate for other people here, I'm not a pro but I'm not really a novice either and I would say I get maybe 60% accepted, granted a lot of the rejections are more because of art/landmarks/property releases but it can be discouraging.

Lately (in the last 3 months give or take) reviews became rather "strict". I used to have around 85-90% acceptance. Now I feel lucky if 50% goes through at the first submit. I read the forum and see all over that many contributors experienced this "trend". Some here welcome the strict new reviews. Others curse it. I take no side in this, but the 50% "chance" (I have no better word for it) just doesn't cut it for me. I give room to others to spend half (40, 30%, what have you) their time to waste. At DT I get 93.3% acceptance with the same photos. At iS from a 100 maybe 5 gets rejected, partly due to possible intellectual property or other "ownership" related causes. Never for  OOF or stuff. At Alamy pretty much 100 accepted from my last ten batches of uploads. 

• 2 weeks later...