We are all the same. wonderful, so we think!

Each one of us thinks that we are much better than the average photographer. That's why when we get images rejected, we get all huffy and defensive. How dare they, what do they know, it is supposed to  to be atmospheric that's why it is out of focus, and on, and on, Ad Infinitum. If we are really being honest with ourselves, we know when we are just trying it on, and going for quantity over quality. We know when the image is not good enough. We are all at it, because at the end of the day, we are all just greedy bastards who think that we are all gods gift to photography.

If nothing else, "To thine own self be true"

On 1/30/2020 at 8:55 PM, Tony Zaccarini said:

We are all the same. wonderful, so we think!

Each one of us thinks that we are much better than the average photographer. That's why when we get images rejected, we get all huffy and defensive. How dare they, what do they know, it is supposed to  to be atmospheric that's why it is out of focus, and on, and on, Ad Infinitum. If we are really being honest with ourselves, we know when we are just trying it on, and going for quantity over quality. We know when the image is not good enough. We are all at it, because at the end of the day, we are all just greedy bastards who think that we are all gods gift to photography.

If nothing else, "To thine own self be true"

For my part, I favor QUALITY over quantity. I have and will always have great respect for my buyers.

28 minutes ago, Jacky D said:

For my part, I favor QUALITY over quantity. I have and will always have great respect for my buyers.

Me too, Jacky D. I have lots of stuff that I don't upload, because it just isn't good enough. So @Tony Zaccarini, while there are people out there who don't care about quality, this is merely a generalization.

Greedy bastards--yeah, I'll go along with that.  We'd all like to get sumpin' sumpin' for the hard work of captioning and keywording!

Ultimately, subject is what counts.  Sometimes the customer will buy the ugliest image because it happens to be the subject they need as seen in their mind's eye.