Somebody LOVES ME!!!! Questions about payout and questions about SS App

Hello everyone, well I didn't expect a photo of a backyard porch of an ugly house be so damn popular lol. But hey I will take the $80.00! Also more good news, since that made a big jump up in my bank, I am over $40.00 of moving up to tier 2. I am moving up in the world :)  :)! As of right now I am at $44.00 to go to T2! I have my minimum payout at $500.00, which I want to pull the money out and I have paypal as the one that funds me. I have a few questions for the vets here:

-Is paypal the best choice?

-If so how much does Paypal take out from the transaction?

-If others are better how much do they take out per transaction?

-With those from the states, how does the taxes work each year? Would it be considered as a 1099-MISC?

Now with the contributor app. I been using the app for sometime and it is useful wish more can be added to it. But recently the app is failing to notify me that either purchases were made or my content has been reviewed. Is anyone else experiencing this that is using the app? I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled but still the same as of right now. Not sure if it is the smart device or app. Please do let me know if you know of anything. Also yes, the notification slider is "ON".  

Clipboard01.jpg

congrats Aaron!! yes, sometimes it makes you wonder what the buyer saw in the photo that you and I didn't : ). so be it! I take the money, thank you very much! as for Paypal? I used to have my payout threshold high (if not as high as yours) but brought it down to a more reasonable level. I honestly didn't find that Paypal charges me much, if anything from the total payout amount. so I am keeping it low now. no point in my view to leave money on the table. you will definitely not "lose" like 5 bucks from a 35 payout, I can state that much. but up to you if you rather deal with the transaction only once a year. that is a fair choice too. the contributor app doesn't send out notifications for me either any more as it used to. thank god : ). it was overwhelming a bit. not sure if it is a selectable option. 

6 hours ago, Aaron of L.A. Photography said:

Hello everyone, well I didn't expect a photo of a backyard porch of an ugly house be so damn popular lol. But hey I will take the $80.00!

Congratulations Aaron for the sale and for the 2nd tier, soon!

Now I know where is my money going. I had a very good first half of the month but after this last weekend everything slowed down, like a lot.

Congrats on that nice fat sale, Aaron!

To answer your questions:

- PayPal works fine (can't say whether it is the best, but it works great). Payment happens automatically at the end of the month, if you hit the amount you set up.

- I have not noticed that they take anything out from the SS payments

- Yes, SS will send you a 1099 at the end of the year (I believe the threshold is $600 earned in a year until they are required by law to do so)

- Yes, the app stopped sending me notifications as well. There used to be some additional buttons inside the app to turn notifications on, but they seem to have disappeared.

46 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Aaron you are like a rocket on steroids. Just seen the size of your port now! Do you ever rest? Congratulations on your speedy rise upwards 🍻

The guys a beast, as near as I can tell he has over 10,000 images accepted in less than 6 months and almost hit second tier! 

3 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

Congratulations Aaron for the sale and for the 2nd tier, soon!

Now I know where is my money going. I had a very good first half of the month but after this last weekend everything slowed down, like a lot.

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

And in the same vein @Aaron of L.A. Photography you have got ALL of my money bar a few 😁😿😂

3 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

Who, me? Nah, I just sent the money wagon towards you.

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

No Aaron. Thank you. I definitely need some more 😊

1 hour ago, Studio 2 said:

Aaron you are like a rocket on steroids. Just seen the size of your port now! Do you ever rest? Congratulations on your speedy rise upwards 🍻

15 minutes ago, Lost Mountain Studio said:

The guys a beast, as near as I can tell he has over 10,000 images accepted in less than 6 months and almost hit second tier! 

Thank you everyone for all the great comments. But this was not my first big pay, I didn't expect that much on a patio/porch. I did acquire a few 20s, one 30 and 2 40s for my sports photos which those now have stopped selling :( I am more hoping for big sales on my rally photos. But I don't have them all uploaded yet and submitted in for review. I am a full time freelancer and not just on photography work. I do web design/development and graphic designing as well which I went to school for and have a bachelor's in. I mostly do small to mid businesses. Do I sleep much, I wish. 2-3 hours a day. I am a one and band, single guy and always on the road. But much of it has paid off for me to acquire what I want and still building to. Meeting amazing people and being apart of events that only some may get into. I live off my laptop which is a very expensive laptop which if that gets destroyed down hill for me :(. I drive a small car that is good on fuel since that is what I need. I do stop and sleep at motels but if money is short. Well I have my car to sleep in for a few hours. I do have a home base but not there all the time. Single large room with small kitchen and bath room. Not much but very minimalist. I don't watch TV but I read books or watch YT(youtube) to stay in the know. FB is mostly use for business and see what is trending and events going on and usually that is how my clients connect me or others that want to do work with me. I use to have my own personal website for my web design business and graphic design. But I have closed that out but I still have some of my work up on FB which people connect me about. I am trying my best to gain enough money up while paying off other financial debt I have to buy me a van and deck it out in which I can sleep and cook in the van. Those van living people on YT are fascinating and it is a way to be a full time minimalist. Well I have to keep working on my projects and get more photos out. That is a small piece of my life. I am enjoying my life each day knowing I wake up to a new day that God has blessed us with and able to take in his beauty and capture it with a camera. I am trying to find time for me to go out and stock photo hunt but just behind a things right now. But take care everyone and I hope your January gets better. God Bless each and every one of you!

Also one note I want to share which I always have shared. We don't know what these buyers want. I even got sales on odd stuff. I will share that information when this month comes to a close. We don't know what they want, even the most oddball stuff you may think to yourself that is just a waste of time to shoot or create but then you come to find out it sells. The world we live in today is vaste and the market changes constantly. People are not always happy to be left with the minium they want varieties, so it is alway best to give them a huge taste of many thing which you will find out what they like. So sometimes it is best to shoot junk photos and you will come to find out that is another man's treasure. Also always do create something fresh sticking to the same thing become dull. Also do watch YT, there are contributors on SS that don't even waste their time on the forums and have been hurting around on SS and finding pictures that are crap and going out and taking better ones. There are some aggressive contributors out there that rather step on everyone. Also do search around and find on SS search results if there is a category for that listing. If not then it is yours to have. You won't make money overnight but in time you will! 

Ok peeps carry on and Happy Shooting!