Adrian Grosu

My account was disabled out of the blue!

I am successfully contributing here since 2008. Never ever had any warning, never ever broke any rule. This evening I found my account disabled. I'm speechless. I'm doing stock for a living, Shutterstock, why on earth are you doing that?!

My gosh, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you contacted SS and asked them why? Hopefully, it's a mistake on their part and it can be rectified. 

I note that your photo portfolio is still visible but your video port can't be viewed (at least by me.)

Thank you, guys. Meanwhile they reactivated it and indeed my video section cannot be accessed yet. Doing stock for living with my main income coming from Shutterstock, I've been in hell for about an hour, especially because I didn't do anything wrong.

Yes, both sections are online now. D. Pimborough - no explanations, just apologies. Geogif - yes, it was a nightmare... probably to remember how volatile are some of the things we are counting on and how exposed we actually are.

23 minutes ago, Adrian Grosu said:

Yes, both sections are online now. D. Pimborough - no explanations, just apologies. Geogif - yes, it was a nightmare... probably to remember how volatile are some of the things we are counting on and how exposed we actually are.

I am glad it is fixed now but if this could happen to you then we can expect anything to happen here. Really sad.

6 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I am glad it is fixed now but if this could happen to you then we can expect anything to happen here. Really sad.

Indeed and this is why I'm not going to delete this topic. Just in case there are more victims of this bug or whatever it was.

1 hour ago, Adrian Grosu said:

I am happy for you, Adrian, that the problem has been solved and was only temporary!

Thank you, guys. Yes, they solved this quickly... My partner is doing stock too, we are not sharing the computers but of course we are sharing the router. Her port is much smaller and almost inactive anyway. Three days ago her port was also disabled, then re-enabled the day after (after she wrote to support). Maybe I was presumed to have a duplicate portfolio. Maybe Shutterstock is testing some sort of software that detects portfolios with same ip adress, then automatically shut them down, I don't know... I mean it's too much for a coincidence.

If that was the reason, I'm glad that in the end it was a human being who decided that I'm not that idiot to risk a $xxxx/month portfolio just for the pleasure to have a $xx or $x/month second one. My poor girl was (and is) ready to delete her port anyway :( just to spare us from this hell in the future.

19 minutes ago, Adrian Grosu said:

My partner is doing stock too

Either way, I believe Shutterstock Staff suppose to contact the owner of the portfolio first, give a warning or a sign. Taking action without contacting the contributor feels unprofessional and careless. 

Some contributors having their accounts closed without warning, some of them having their account hacked and payment e-mail changed. This creates an unpredictable and unreliable atmosphere. :blink:

7 minutes ago, KeremGogus said:

Taking action without contacting the contributor feels unprofessional and careless. 

Yes, it is. This has happened before with another contributor who created an account for his daughter. The next day his account was disabled too and re-enabled later.

There should be another way than shoot first, ask questions later.

15 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

This has happened before with another contributor who created an account for his daughter. The next day his account was disabled too and re-enabled later.

I remember! And I felt the same frustration then as I did now.
My partner had her SS account before knowing me, actually it is Shutterstock that brought us together somehow, of course we didn't share the ip address back then... I only hope that it will always be a human being on SS side to solve such situations. There are some things that can't be leaved to machines.

2 minutes ago, Adrian Grosu said:

actually it is Shutterstock that brought us together somehow, of course we didn't share the ip address back then...

The irony of fate.

So, I still don't understand what is wrong with using the same computer.

I have a dynamic IP and I think yours is dynamic too. When you disconnect and reconnect, the ISP assigns another IP. As long as you both don't access SS in the same time you shouldn't have this problem again.

I don't know how SS recognizes each of us, or if what I've said above makes sense at all, just a thought.

I understand and it was just a thought from me too, I don't even know if this was the reason or not. And we don't even use the same computer, we both have our own workstations, but we share the same router which has its own address, that's why I presumed all of that. Of course it can be other reason.

Sorry to hear that, but it has nothing to do with the original post... My account was disabled accidentally, then re-enabled in a couple of hours. Your friend's portfolio was disabled for a reason (copyright infringement), this may be or may be not true, you friend knows better if he did such a thing or not.

7 hours ago, Franklin George said:

Can Anyone on this thread explain why this links in the email showing up nothing. 

I guess that since they suspect that you do not hold the copyright of the images, they took them down. I see how the scenario is not productive, they send you the links to show what the problem is, and then take down the images before you have a chance to see them.

4 minutes ago, Ackab Photography said:

I guess that since they suspect that you do not hold the copyright of the images, they took them down. I see how the scenario is not productive, they send you the links to show what the problem is, and then take down the images before you have a chance to see them.

Is it not ethically wrong 

One should have chance to atleast see what's wrong with the content

And what is the proof that those images have an issue with copyright infringement 

@kate_shutterstock is answerable to this