okanakdeniz

Marinionelamari username is selling my videos

On 12/14/2019 at 6:04 PM, okanakdeniz said:

https://www.shutterstock.com/tr/video/search?contributor=marinionelamari

this user steal my videos and sell them in shutterstock. His all videos in his portfolio are mine.

I dont know what to do. I sent the link to shutterstock and waiting now.

How can he have your original files? Do you think he bought them from SS and then re-uploaded? Were all the files he uploaded sold by you at least once?

I have no idea. but I found another one stole my videos but not only mine.

I reported that person too this is the ling of the thief.: https://www.shutterstock.com/tr/video/search?contributor=tirdeaghoerh&page=7

He stole more than 10 authors videos. Some of their names are:

Daniel Dash

I thought this person is the same person or group of thiefs they made. I try to reach and warn other authors too but I coudnt find them.

This is really upsetting. How did you find out - did the videos show up under "related videos" when you clicked on your own clips?

How do you even steal a video from a port - I know there are tutorials on how to remove the watermark from an image, but is that also possible for video or did they somehow hack right into the database? @Jeff De we need all the help you can give to figure out what's going on here...

While the accusations are substantial, i'm not able to substantiate anything from the little information given. We don't accept duplicate clips, so without specific details i have to leave it to our infringement investigation teams. With the sheer number of clips involved (OP has 7000+) I really can't be much help at this point unfortunately. I took a look at all ports mentioned and don't see anything at the surface that looks duplicative between them. 

31 minutes ago, Jeff De said:

While the accusations are substantial, i'm not able to substantiate anything from the little information given. We don't accept duplicate clips, so without specific details i have to leave it to our infringement investigation teams. With the sheer number of clips involved (OP has 7000+) I really can't be much help at this point unfortunately. I took a look at all ports mentioned and don't see anything at the surface that looks duplicative between them. 

thief

https://www.shutterstock.com/tr/video/clip-1038733286-waterfall-nature-behind-iron-fence-cave

original

https://www.shutterstock.com/tr/video/clip-8404876-waterfall-nature-behind-iron-fence-cave

Be sure to inform in detail after the hearing. How could this happen?
It is imperative that the author actively helps.
Where the originals were stored, maybe this is a studio with access, maybe it's a poorly protected disk in the cloud.

In any case, these are very naive people, they did it, since everything is quickly opened. You need to look at the number when they have the first files added.

7 hours ago, Milo J said:

This is really upsetting. How did you find out - did the videos show up under "related videos" when you clicked on your own clips?

How do you even steal a video from a port - I know there are tutorials on how to remove the watermark from an image, but is that also possible for video or did they somehow hack right into the database? @Jeff De we need all the help you can give to figure out what's going on here...

I did not check everyone, but based on the fact that videos of many people who are not from Turkey were stolen, it can be assumed that something unites them virtually.

Perhaps they all added to some stock from where the leak occurred. As I watched the clips that were stolen old, it can be assumed that the leak was from the discs of the buyer, he could die, go bankrupt if the company and a lot of reasons.
Of course it’s very bad that such clips were accepted, while this is the only stone that can be thrown towards the site.

1 hour ago, Jeff De said:

I really can't be much help at this point unfortunately.

Does Shutterstock pay all contributors US Dollars regardless of where they're from? For example does SS pay Pakistanis or Chinese in USD for sales? One way to curb mass theft of entire ports or images is to simply pay each contributor in their own countries money and you will see a significant drop in theft....33 cents in Mumbai goes a LONG way compared to a contributor living in Seattle.

38 minutes ago, Brady Barrineau said:

Does Shutterstock pay all contributors US Dollars regardless of where they're from? For example does SS pay Pakistanis or Chinese in USD for sales? One way to curb mass theft of entire ports or images is to simply pay each contributor in their own countries money and you will see a significant drop in theft....33 cents in Mumbai goes a LONG way compared to a contributor living in Seattle.

I will surprise you, now I’ve taken up the numbers and I want to publish in video format. So, contributor have a Russian face (countries of the former USSR). For example, the authors of images from the United States are about 5%, and India is 1.5%, while only authors from Russia (This is without Ukraine, Belarus, etc.) are 19% in images, and 26% of the world in vector.

1 hour ago, Brady Barrineau said:

Hmm...just out of curiosity....

How much is 33 Sen is to USD?

Will contributors in Japan got pissed if he/she earn a 33 sen (0.33 yen) per download?

Hiagain, thank you for your care to this subject. He blocked and aother too. I found another one and reported him to shutterstock. The videos were not taken from my disc. Cause The new thief, ( I believe the same person ) also stolen from other authoers too. Many authors even some of them really so famous. Some of them like this:

Authors

Okan Akdeniz
Daniel Dash

and it is going on like this

But shutterstock immediately killed that account blocked this thief. I first think the same, stolen from my disc, but when I saw other authors video, then I think he is buying them from somewhere and sell them again, or a dead stock website disc he stole I dont know but now I am happy it is solved. From now on my other duty is to search for new thiefs.

I've actually got an update here: The links posted in the reply above have all been investigated by our compliance team, and the contributor has been disabled, as mentioned above. 

Here's the slightly harder part to explain: The direct links to the clips above will still work for a while. You can see them, but you cannot purchase them (see attached where attempted licensing of jack o lantern clip fails.) You will no longer be able to search for those clips on the site, and they will not show up in any video search results. The clips (and their direct linkage) will disappear automatically after some time. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 4.56.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 4.56.36 AM.png

Oh this is an amazing news. Thank you so much for this information I feel safe now. I hope shutterstock will find the real identity of him and give a lesson what he deserves. You know, I am trying to do my best since 9 years and when someone stole them easily, you make so much panic. He is not stealing only from me, also my future, my childs future too. There always be bad people in our lives, I know I have to be patient and not to panic but I cant hold myself not to be angry for those people. I only trust shutterstock law system. Thank you again so much for this information.

6 minutes ago, okanakdeniz said:

Oh this is an amazing news. Thank you so much for this information I feel safe now. I hope shutterstock will find the real identity of him and give a lesson what he deserves. You know, I am trying to do my best since 9 years and when someone stole them easily, you make so much panic. He is not stealing only from me, also my future, my childs future too. There always be bad people in our lives, I know I have to be patient and not to panic but I cant hold myself not to be angry for those people. I only trust shutterstock law system. Thank you again so much for this information.

Where did you see a thief buying something at a high price?
How many stock do you have files? Perhaps there was a leak from a small stock .
But the greatest probability is that the leak is from a bona fide buyer who, for some reason, has ceased to properly monitor his base.

By the way The thiefs name Marinionelamari is used in other websites too in some websites name is also using Marin. Ant the other thief name is used in other websites Tirdeaghoerh and Tirdea.

I give report all of them and They ware all closed too. So I am still looking where he can be with other names.