Kate Shutterstock

Now showing! Videos in your download map!

10 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Sunshine! We've been doing this for quite a while now. By default the keywords are alphabetized, but as customers download your image based on keyword searches (check your https://submit.shutterstock.com/earnings/top-performers), the most popular keywords get moved to the top of the list.

Your example is a great illustration of when this isn't optimal for customers looking to find more related content. Thanks for all the detail. I'll forward this to the team that is responsible for these pages!

Great, Thanks Kate, I'm sure you hate comparisons, but see how Adobe get it right without any issues... ;)

Screenshot 2019-12-13 at 07.55.11.png

Am I the one who doesn't like a new map?  An old one was more informative (and took less space on the screen). Now I need to cursor every point on the map to find out how an image looks and from where it was downloaded, which is not usability-friendly. In an old map it was clear what the latest download was. Right now we have to remember the position of blue points to understand which one was added. Moreover you listed a country of buyer/date/price on the right, making a graphic map completely useless. What is useful information I can get from the map now (blue points by themselves now show nothing but unclear position and useless without hover)? I got all info from the list. All you need is to add a list of keywords showing why an image was sold.

Correct me, please, if I'm wrong. Maybe I'm missing something?

+ something is wrong with the dates of download in the list. 2 images that were downloaded yesterday (earnings summary) are shown in the list with today's date.

+ why do the points on the map have different size and color?

The changes are really positive, but from my point of view the map has become less informative!

Looking at the map, I can’t determine whether there were new sales or not. I see only a lot of blue dots without any information. In this form, the map becomes useless!

I think that you need to return the display of images on the map. Or at least highlight the last sale in a different color!

PS

I liked the table right of the map! 😃

Thanks! The new vision is great - visual and functional. And the small deviations I am sure will be corrected. I have one suggestion to the team: To publish in a separate section the numbers of the photos not yet submitted for review, whose term of 21 days has passed and have been deleted, so that we can re-submit them. Of course, if possible. I wish you success and happy holidays!

A nice improvement of the latest downloads, especially it can show the last 20 downloads in one scroll down, instead waiting for previous map displaying one by one. I agree with others that the map is not only less informative, it is also redundant beside the list. It can give place to "Set / View to Catalog Manager". This is the place I go often to work on my own portfolio in Shutterstock.

17 hours ago, JSparrow said:

The changes are really positive, but from my point of view the map has become less informative!

Looking at the map, I can’t determine whether there were new sales or not. I see only a lot of blue dots without any information. In this form, the map becomes useless!

I think that you need to return the display of images on the map. Or at least highlight the last sale in a different color!

PS

I liked the table right of the map! 😃

Yes agreed. Like maybe a really small photo frame on the map. not big enough to see much detail, but big enough to reference it to the right panel next to it. See my mock-up attached. (I only did a few frames to give the idea)

Screenshot 2019-12-14 at 08.58.29.jpg

I agree, hovering over dots to see latest downloads is useless. We can do without the map at all, it serves no purpose. 

Also some of the downloads from the right column don't match the dates of actual downloads when I open the earnings summary. For example the downloads next to the map show today's date, but in the summary they are under yesterday's date. 

15 minutes ago, otsphoto said:

Also some of the downloads from the right column don't match the dates of actual downloads when I open the earnings summary. For example the downloads next to the map show today's date, but in the summary they are under yesterday's date. 

Same for me. I reported this already and Kate answered but I think we have to wait till next week.

I like the new map.

On the screen, everything became accessible and very informative. This usability is very pleasing. Whose idea is this? Give a bonus to a creative person. Additionally, give the programmer a minibonus.

Really cool. Thanks.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:31 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Sunshine! We've been doing this for quite a while now. By default the keywords are alphabetized, but as customers download your image based on keyword searches (check your https://submit.shutterstock.com/earnings/top-performers), the most popular keywords get moved to the top of the list.

Your example is a great illustration of when this isn't optimal for customers looking to find more related content. Thanks for all the detail. I'll forward this to the team that is responsible for these pages!

@Kate - I followed your link and the page said I have no video sales, I have many but the data is not listed for keywords.

On 12/12/2019 at 11:32 AM, Kate Shutterstock said:

Yes, exactly. Some places are in the wrong continent and others are floating oddly in the ocean. Oops!

We'll get that ironed out soon. Thanks for your patience!

hi, I just want to know what is this dash for? who got this files?Martians? :)
from time to time it appears
image.png.4a33b43a6ae3428df4d9d0f3648f68a9.png