Matylda Laurence

Interface Map Change

1 hour ago, Jo Ann Snover said:

the single most important item to me so that I have to scroll to get it - the link to my earnings summary.

It's accessible right on the top, in the drop-down menu from "earnings" under SS logo. That's the fastest way to get there.

Also, there's no reason why you wouldn't make a permanent bookmark in your browser for it, if it's your most important item on the page.

I like the new map!  The blue dots clearly show that most of my DLs came from the U.S. and Mexico but a few came from Europe.  I couldn't really see that before from the thumbnails, unless I was a very quick reader, to read the text below each thumbnail.

And we still have the thumbnails below with where they sold--bravo, thank you, SS!

2 hours ago, Peter_ml said:

May be this is issue with old sales. New come in correct position. 

no, they are not right for the new sales either. they don't come in right for the continent of Asia. they slip into the ocean. the Americas seem correct. 
I was wondering! it may not be feasible or practical (due to the small size of the map), but could ss try to show the country borders say in a very thin red line? just a thought.
I understand if it's too small for that. 

Well Americas aren't too good either.  Brazil ends up in the ocean down by the Falkland islands.  But hey, when the dust settles I think it's an improvement.

It works as well as the script I got from Mihai for chrome, but the thumbnails for the last 10 images are nice and big.  The new thumbnails could be slightly larger so I can recognized the image.  There is room, since we have to scroll to see all 20 anyway.

I guess I missed all the wacky locations for the map as I only just got back to my desktop and noticed the change. And for once, I actually like this new format. Everything flows more reasonably and my total earned isn't there for the world to see if I log in from my laptop in a public location. Much better IMO. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Peter_ml said:

Now map is OK. No more sales from ocean :)

Yep. That was fixed fast. I feel a bit sorry for those penguins on Mauritius though! 😢

4 hours ago, Primus1 said:

Mr. Jensen: I am most sure your map looks fabolous!

But why do I need a map cluttering up my screen?  I am not geographically illiterate and I don't need dots on a map to show my where downloads came from. If you tell me I got a download from Paris, New York, or Tokyo  -- I already know where those places are.  Maybe some people don't?   The list that shows the name of the location and the thumbnail is much more informative and more useful. That is all I need.

3 minutes ago, Doug Jensen said:

But why do I need a map cluttering up my screen?  I am not geographically illiterate and I don't need dots on a map to show my where downloads came from. If you tell me I got a download from Paris, New York, or Tokyo  -- I already know where those places are.  Maybe some people don't?   The list that shows the name of the location and the thumbnail is much more informative and more useful. That is all I need.

You got that right.

We are all somehow used to this map. No other agency, as far as I know and I am present at, does not have it. It is special. We like it or we do not like it. ;)

The map is useless - has been from the start. When the revamped page was first introduced I changed the link I click on to the thing that I want to see most -- My Earnings Page.

And with so much blank space on the Earnings Page page wouldn't it have been just as easy to add a column for the place of download there - then there would be a permanent record of all the places where your image was ever downloaded. 

3 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

I totally agree. I could let the map go and in exchange, I wish they could extend the list to a longer time frame.

3 hours ago, Primus1 said:

You got that right.

We are all somehow used to this map. No other agency, as far as I know and I am present at, does not have it. It is special. We like it or we do not like it. ;)

Yes, it is true that no other agency has a fancy map but many of them have a more detailed and better structured stat.