Jeff De

Improvements to the Contributor Portfolio Page!

15 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi @Peter_ml and @Whiteaster,

Thanks for pointing this out. The images or videos inside a collection are not actually supposed to be sortable, so the bug here is that the sort option is displayed on the page. Doh! 

Because the order of items in a collection matters (the first one is the cover, for example), we don't allow customers to sort inside a collection. We have a fix that will remove the sort selector from the page which we're hoping to push out later today.

Thanks!

Some of my group photos are not linking to the set. When clicking on the set picture link in my group tab. The link just goes back to the main port page of all my photos. There are still some bugs yet. 

50 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Thanks Kate. From my own point of view the outstanding problem is the images newly sold not rising up in the portfolio (at all).  Appreciate your help.

I aggree.
Only very few of them jumped higher - most remained on the place they had been before.

3 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi @Peter_ml and @Whiteaster,

Thanks for pointing this out. The images or videos inside a collection are not actually supposed to be sortable, so the bug here is that the sort option is displayed on the page. Doh! 

Because the order of items in a collection matters (the first one is the cover, for example), we don't allow customers to sort inside a collection. We have a fix that will remove the sort selector from the page which we're hoping to push out later today.

Thanks!

Thank you Kate for clarifying this, though I was hoping it is a new feature.

Could you please explain, is the first image (the cover image) determined by the algorithm too? It doesn't seem to be the first neither by date nor by download but it shows up on every page (as first) of a given set.

It would be nice to let us choose the cover image.

5 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

You can still choose the cover image of a collection if that's what you mean. In catalogue manager go into the collection and click on the little cover image and then the one you want to be in its place. It updates it but not always immediately. 

Yep, see the screenshots here. 

I just sorted my portfolio by fresh images and I feel grounded again.

Thanks Shutterstock.  With that feature back in play, I think that — on balance — the improvements have been pretty awesome overall.

@Kate Shutterstock, I followed the link from your answer and also tried to click on the "imaje portfolio" link in my Contributir dashboard. The result is one - empty page and the inscription: "Something went wrong, but we're working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience." Screen attached.

Clipboard012.jpg

Hi @Irina Karetina - I am able to see your portfolio without any issues. Have you tried restarting your browser or clearing cache and cookies? Are other folks on the forum able to see Irina's portfolio?

Thanks @dani3315 This is also a known issue that I've reported to my colleagues who are responsible for those thumbnails. It may be a few weeks before that can be resolved, as many people are taking time out for the holidays.

Thanks,

Kate

irina-port.png

On 12/24/2019 at 1:49 PM, latynina nataliya said:

Several times a suggestion was made to return sorting by file type, but will not a single answer be implemented?

I join the question, I would like to know plans for implementing the function of sorting by file type

On 12/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, Heide Pinkall said:

The newly sold images are still not moving up in the "top sellers"...
This problem is still not solved @Kate Shutterstock

After the holidays are over now - can this problem PEASE be fixed???
Recently sold pictures still remain at the place they have been before... (at least in my port)
I think it does not make a lot of sense if the "Top Images" look quite similar to "Fresh Content" 😉
Thank you in advance
@Kate Shutterstock @Jeff De

On 1/6/2020 at 11:24 AM, Heide Pinkall said:

After the holidays are over now - can this problem PEASE be fixed???
Recently sold pictures still remain at the place they have been before... (at least in my port)
I think it does not make a lot of sense if the "Top Images" look quite similar to "Fresh Content" 😉
Thank you in advance
@Kate Shutterstock @Jeff De

Hm... after it had been working for about two days, the recently sold pictures do not move up again 😞

On 1/13/2020 at 2:33 AM, Heide Pinkall said:

Hm... after it had been working for about two days, the recently sold pictures do not move up again 😞

I've noticed that only a few move up these days, I think they have changed something in the system, even ODD and SOD stay where they are ...not sure what is going on

19 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Thanks for your patience!

My colleagues have assured me they're working on this and we'll see a fix soon that will more consistently re-order your portfolio based on recent downloads. I'll keep you posted. 

@Kate Shutterstock Thanks for the info.

Are your colleagues also fixing the problem of not being able to set ‘Fresh Images‘ as the default setting for portfolios? Also now that Jeff has jumped ship, are you the person who’s going to liaise with the forum about Shutterstock issues?