Jeff De

Improvements to the Contributor Portfolio Page!

How about when a buyer views one of our images, the 'By same artist' shows images from the same set and not just random images from our port. For example if a buyer searches for Antarctica and selects one of my images to view, show some more images from the Antarctica set and not from my Abstract set because they are obviously interested in Antarctica.

1 hour ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Thanks for your patience, folks. 

The ability to sort the contents of your portfolio page to show newest at the top has been added.

That's good!!

But why a so bad design???
I was better to simply put two buttons on the left (as it was before)… Your designers really need to go to school… of design
On all the new designed pages the number of clicks are always more… Sometime I wonder if Shutterstock earns some money for any click…

5 hours ago, Anjar Gunandy said:

i know u ur one of my inspiration, haha u struggle with the file size too, i recently made vector like yours the 3d type (just way worse) and it legit pain in the butt... i had to remove shadow effect all those stuff just to get my file below 100mb

:) yes, i had to redo a lot of elements just to keep them as simple as possible, i literally had to find new ways of drawing and i'm pretty sure that  4 mp vector is a huge struggle for many illustrators out here...but that's another topic

Hello again, hi Kate

On the profile page, the sort type was added. Thank you.
But when you select one of the collections, it returns to the home page. I think it's a temporary mistake.

******** The bug has improved, there is no entry to the collection. But, there is no ranking in the collection. ******

Edited by Sedat Cologlu
improved

2 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

The ability to sort the contents of your portfolio page to show newest at the top has been added.

Thank you ... But I wouldn't find it myself. I had to check the second time ... Anyway. It's there ... Finally :)

4 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

The sort by new is too small to notice and should be on the left where the 'Top Images' heading is, where the visitor looks first. Also on smaller screens / latops etc you don't see any images at all unless you're inclinced to scroll down through all the empty white space in the header.

Thanks for the sorting by newest.

However, my preview images still look fuzzy - does anyone else experience the same problem still?.. Looks like all the images are low-res, it's just not pleasant to browse through x__x

@Kate Shutterstock, maybe you tell me, when will the portfolio display problem be solved (empty page and the inscription:"Something went wrong, but we're working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.")?

Hi Everybody,

We're looking into the collections issue now (From the collections tab, click to enter a specific collection (Image or video collection), and instead of seeing the contents of the collection, you get punted to the images tab.)

@Studio 2 I'll take a look. I expect it to work the same as it did before, and if it isn't... well.. that smells buggy.

@Irina Karetina Sorry I missed this before. I'll check now.

Hi again!

Collections issue should be resolved. You'll need to refresh the page to see it work properly. Thanks for your patience.

@Irina Karetina I'm able to see your portfolio (https://www.shutterstock.com/g/IrinkaArt) without issue. Can you explain a bit more what you're doing and what you see?

@Studio 2 I'm asking some colleagues about the issue you observed where newly sold images aren't moving up in the display on your portfolio. It might take me a bit to get back to you (folks are starting to disappear for the holidays). Thanks!

Not enough vector filter. Maybe something similar can be done? ... Or add a fully functional portfolio search? How do you like this idea?
And why there is no search and filters in the collections? I assume that now collections are not in demand by buyers because it is inconvenient to work with them

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

On 12/18/2019 at 4:59 PM, Patryk Kosmider said:

@Kate Shutterstock @Jeff De Please tell us again. WHEN WHEN and when this newest sorting button will go back to our portfolio page? 

I can not belive it takes so long. I can still sort my photos by newest in my catalog manager. Do you really want to bring it back? Please... 

I'm kind of tired uploading new stuff and not to see it. When?????

They already done it. The option is at the side of page buttons.

Hi @Peter_ml and @Whiteaster,

Thanks for pointing this out. The images or videos inside a collection are not actually supposed to be sortable, so the bug here is that the sort option is displayed on the page. Doh! 

Because the order of items in a collection matters (the first one is the cover, for example), we don't allow customers to sort inside a collection. We have a fix that will remove the sort selector from the page which we're hoping to push out later today.

Thanks!