Jeff De

Improvements to the Contributor Portfolio Page!

@Jeff De

So today it looks like we no longer have the two categories "Newest" and "Relevant" for our Image portfolio, but instead have a single category called "Top Images".  While I'm not sure having a "newest" category helped with sales, it did help me keep organized as to which of my images I have already uploaded, and where I am on my to do list.  Please reconsider this change.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Irina Karetina said:

"Excellent" update! ((( Now instead of my portfolio, I see a white page and the inscription: "Error: E is not a function" (((

I have already reported this fact - addressing to Kate shutterstock here in the forum. Videos are shown correctly, images not - depending on the type of browser being used.

No reaction, no comment. I don't even know if they have read it so far. It seems that shutterstock doesn't care about losing customers?

4 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I have already reported this fact - addressing to Kate shutterstock here in the forum. Videos are shown correctly, images not - depending on the type of browser being used.

No reaction, no comment. I don't even know if they have read it so far. It seems that shutterstock doesn't care about losing customers?

The forum is passively moderated. We can't always respond to everything, but if you tag us, we read it generally in a pretty timely fashion. 

15 minutes ago, Jeff De said:

The forum is passively moderated. We can't always respond to everything, but if you tag us, we read it generally in a pretty timely fashion. 

Hi Jeff, thank you for reacting!

In different browsers no pictures are displayed if you have entered the search terms, the page remains empty and what Irina writes appears: Error: E is not a function. This applies only to the image search. With the video search everything is in order. In other browsers it takes ages until the images are displayed correctly.

Since this could affect many buyers, it is important from my point of view that you know this and check the technical problems. Otherwise you'll lose the customers for whom the site doesn't work!

Regards, Wilm

@Jeff De I really cant understand why these changes were needed, when there is a room for seriously significant changes?

• Impossible to see the newest images in portfolio... 
  • Impossible to copy the data of one file (not only keywords, but also the description and categories) and paste/apply it to multiple files
  • Impossible to delete multiple images from portfolio. Why?? It is really ridiculous that to delete a file you have to double click on a single file, open it and then delete. But what if I need to delete more than one? Why there is no such a function?

20 hours ago, Jeff De said:

I have inquired a couple of times about the link on my website to SS no longer working since "newest" images are no longer available. The link use to show about 4 thumbnail samples of newest and than most popular but images no longer appear. The link to SS is essentially useless.

On 12/16/2019 at 10:31 PM, Vilmos Varga said:

Still waiting for fresh content view update to our portfolio pages...

I'm not sure we'll get it back. This should be very simple to do because they already have the written code, but for some obscure reason it seems they don't want to put it back in place....
This would not be the first time Shutterstock has made such an absurd decision.

But next to this: Recently sold pictures do not jump to higher position again since the portfolio interface was changed. I watched some photos that have sold for the first time but their position has not changed since days...
(At least this is what I can tell about my portfolio...)

1 hour ago, Heide Pinkall said:

But next to this: Recently sold pictures do not jump to higher position again since the portfolio interface was changed. I watched some photos that have sold for the first time but their position has not changed since days...

I did not notice this before. But now that you tell it I confirm that it is the same for me.

@Kate Shutterstock @Jeff De Please tell us again. WHEN WHEN and when this newest sorting button will go back to our portfolio page? 

I can not belive it takes so long. I can still sort my photos by newest in my catalog manager. Do you really want to bring it back? Please... 

I'm kind of tired uploading new stuff and not to see it. When?????

12 hours ago, Heide Pinkall said:

Same here, so it's even harder to discover newest (selling) content. 

i think profile will look much better if you guys improve the gallery quality in it (ofc theres watermark when zooming in), idk if i allowed to mention AS, but in AS the image on portfolio gallery are actually HD, like super crisp quality, still small resolution but it look much better.

and possibly attract more buyer.... maybe.

oh, we have new map now.... guys it looks like you hire instagram bloggers as a developers. You pay a lot of attention to unnecessary toys, while all functionality falls apart. Bring back sorting; bring back order of sold images from oldest to newest; god, let us do our own JPG previews instead of uploading 100 MG EPS.... but you still doing.... MAP!  Stop experimenting on your contributors, it's getting offensive...

2 hours ago, Devor said:

oh, we have new map now.... guys it looks like you hire instagram bloggers as a developers. You pay a lot of attention to unnecessary toys, while all functionality falls apart. Bring back sorting; bring back order of sold images from oldest to newest; god, let us do our own JPG previews instead of uploading 100 MG EPS.... but you still doing.... MAP!  Stop experimenting on your contributors, it's getting offensive...

i know u ur one of my inspiration, haha u struggle with the file size too, i recently made vector like yours the 3d type (just way worse) and it legit pain in the butt... i had to remove shadow effect all those stuff just to get my file below 100mb