Jeff De

Improvements to the Contributor Portfolio Page!

I have a request to newer contributors who never went though these changes before:

Please, DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

Administrators are our friends. They deliver us what they are told to and they take care that our feedback gets to SS.

Please, stop the downvoting.

I know very well how this story will end..... Like many others before, for example the new format for vectors.
At first, they introduce it as an "exciting" novelty.
Then we, the users, say what we think about it.
At this point an Admin comes to tell us, kindly and in an educated manner, that they listen to us, that they understand us, that they need us to do better...
Then time passes..... and nothing changes 

On 12/9/2019 at 5:10 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

This feature is rolling out today. About 20% of our contributors can currently make their video sets public. We'll be opening up the capability to everyone gradually through out the day.

Thank you for your patience.

That is great news

Can I kindly ask when this newest content will happen? I presume this is a question of everybody here... 

On 12/4/2019 at 9:00 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

Thanks for your feedback so far! We are working to add more features as we go, and the ability to sort to see newest content at the top is coming soon.

@Breaking The Walls You can select a new cover image for your collections (sets) in your Catalog manager.  Select the collection you want to update, and click the tiny thumbnail next to the collection name (purple arrow below). Then, pick the image you want to be the new cover. Done!

step-one.png

step-two.png

Obviously I want  Most Recent back, I do rack my brain as to what possible reasoning underpinned its removal, I guess SS will never bother to enlighten us as to its thought process on this subject.

If collections are a useful sales tool then why not make them really customisable with "Newest First" and  "Image Sorting Order" ?

On 12/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, Jane Rix said:
On 12/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, dani3315 said:

@Jane Rix The social media links will disappear if you remove them from your profile. For example if, for Twitter, you enter "n/a" or "none" that will cause the link to appear on your profile. Just go to Personalize my porftolio, and delete any that aren't correct.

Thanks, Kate, but I already tried this, and cleared cache/cookies and checked via other browsers. I can't get them to disappear. 

Thanks, @dani3315 - I misread originally and thought Kate had provided the answer. 

It transpires that you need to leave the boxes completely blank. (This has a result of leaving the profile incomplete, which is a bit irritating).

While it is nice to see the video link on the portfolio page, that is not an improvement. We were asking for it for a long time and it should have been there from the beginning.

Can somebody give us some update, please?
What takes so long SS, when will we have our old filters back? I mean these:port3.jpg.89a926db0bfc3451ed86d1229c81c185.jpg

As it happened before, you are stalling till we get tired asking. Is this the case this time too?

Good morning!

Work to add a sort option (to show newest content on the top) is underway right now. Our teams plan to start their testing process today or tomorrow. We hope to push the feature out by next week.

The issue that some of you had reported where the new avatar didn't display has also been resolved. Please let us know if you see other areas to improve (or celebrate!). 

Have you made any video sets public yet?

K

I hope that sort option not be will limited only by new / popular. 
How about sort by vector / raster illustration / photo ?
Editorial content, mature content? 

How about square previews for collections, or maybe adaptive width? Because now it looks terrible

4 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Please let us know if you see other areas to improve (or celebrate!).

It would be great to have the ability to sort images inside a set, so we can drag our best work to the front.

4 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Yes, and the way it currently works is not optimal. The video collections are randomly mixed in with the image sets, very difficult to even spot which is which.

There should be two distinct buttons to access image sets and video sets, as they are two different markets.

5 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Good morning!

Work to add a sort option (to show newest content on the top) is underway right now. Our teams plan to start their testing process today or tomorrow. We hope to push the feature out by next week.

The issue that some of you had reported where the new avatar didn't display has also been resolved. Please let us know if you see other areas to improve (or celebrate!). 

K

Hello Kate,

some browsers don't show any images anymore since the "improvement". After entering the search term the page remains empty and I can see "Error: E is not a function". On other browsers it takes too long till the images appear.

I think this should be fixed immediately so that customers with these browsers do not migrate to other agencies.

On 12/9/2019 at 12:53 PM, Martins Vanags said:

do you expect me to drag and drop them by one in collections?

You can check a pageful at a time and then add them to a set from the drop down. No use dragging anything anywhere.

2 hours ago, Milo J said:

There should be two distinct buttons to access image sets and video sets, as they are two different markets.

There is a drop down on the right where you can choose whether to look at both pic and video sets, just pics, or just videos.

6 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Yes Kate, but some videos that are in the sets are NOT in the collections - I made a separate thread about it in the tech issues. It looks like most if not all collections are missing at least one video that's included in the original set. Not sure how and why this happens.

4 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

There is a drop down on the right where you can choose whether to look at both pic and video sets, just pics, or just videos.

OMG, that is so tiny, I would have NEVER found that. Needs to be made much more obvious.

21 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Good morning!

K

Hi Kate,

New avatar is not resolved by the way, when i open my photos as a costumer under the photo its still my old avatar and it has not been updated for weeks to the new one

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg