Improvements to the Contributor Portfolio Page!

We are making improvements to the contributor portfolio pages, changing the way customers see your work on Shutterstock.com. We have started to roll this out to a percentage of our users, and will continue to do so over the next few days. As such, some of you may see the updates before others. We will inform you when the changes have been fully rolled out. 

Here is what’s changing, and how you can make the most of the improvements:

• New larger avatar: Update your avatar to take advantage of the higher resolution.

• New social links: Add your social accounts so customers can view your Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages. 

• New biography: A great way for customers to learn more about your professional background.

• Website link: Customers will be able to view and click your website url.

• New share button: Creates a link for customers to link straight to your portfolio.

Here are some important enhancements for videographers:

• Footage clips on portfolio page: Footage contributors will now be able to see their work on their portfolio page, which includes all video and image content and collections (sets). Your videos now display to customers right on the customer-facing portfolio page - alongside the tabs: Images, Collections and About.

• Footage Collections (sets): Will be publishable for customers to shop, and will exist alongside the image collections (sets).

As always, feel free to offer your feedback and suggestions, and thank you for your partnership as we continue to enhance and improve!

• Jeff De pinned and featured this topic
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why can't I sort images by submission date? A lot of buyers (myself included) specifically want to see the latest/freshest images added to the portfolio... not just what Shutterstock are the most popu

Improvement?? Now I can no more see the images by "Last Approved" … Frankly, I am curious to know how many customers may be interested in our "great avatar", our "social" links, our biographies

I agree PLEASE BRING BACK sort by newest!

Posted Images

Improvement??
Now I can no more see the images by "Last Approved" …

Frankly, I am curious to know how many customers may be interested in our "great avatar", our "social" links, our biographies.... 
I have been a customer for years and I have never had any interest in the author of the images. 
I search for an image, sometimes I find it, I buy it, I use it, period... the rest doesn't interest me at all, and as I know it's the same for many customers I know.

All this seems to me to be the umpteenth unnecessary marketing operation, when there would be so many other much more important things to fix on the site before anything else

Thanks for your feedback so far! We are working to add more features as we go, and the ability to sort to see newest content at the top is coming soon.

@Breaking The Walls You can select a new cover image for your collections (sets) in your Catalog manager.  Select the collection you want to update, and click the tiny thumbnail next to the collection name (purple arrow below). Then, pick the image you want to be the new cover. Done!

step-one.png

step-two.png

9 hours ago, Jeff De said:

New larger avatar: Update your avatar to take advantage of the higher resolution.

Have you implemented the new, higher resolution image already? I'm asking because my old image was a 400x400 pixel image, but it showed horribly pixelated in the "new" portfolio. If you click to view the image, it shows a 60x60 pixel image.

I updated with a larger image (800x800), and while I realize it may not have been updated on all servers enough to actually show it, my question is - does it do any good to update it, if it's still showing a low res image?

Also, I noticed that the new format is showing the set (collection) cover images as rectangular, vs. the squares of the old version, and now some images are just absolutely not suitable for a cover image any more, because the placement is all wrong. For example, a portrait image gets cut off with the main area of the image missing.

Absolutely agree with Sari! How to use vertical photos now?! Now we are limited in our choice of cover image? Only horizontal and that is all?

+ Sales fell heavily after buyers lost the ability to sort photos by submission date!!! How will buyers look for new photos now? View all portfolio?! Buyers can`t see new photos, Shutter and contributors lose money from sales. Great idea!

How long until you implement the sort by newest? Not much point in uploading anything until that's in place. 

My images approved a couple of hours ago are already on page 4 of the new search by keyword, so we need customer to at least see them in our portfolios, or they will sink without trace. 

1 hour ago, Jane Rix said:

How long until you implement the sort by newest? Not much point in uploading anything until that's in place. 

My images approved a couple of hours ago are already on page 4 of the new search by keyword, so we need customer to at least see them in our portfolios, or they will sink without trace. 

I agree PLEASE BRING BACK sort by newest!

1 hour ago, Jane Rix said:

And all the social media links show regardless of whether you have added a URL or not. I don't use Twitter or LinkedIn, so clicking on them goes to a 'does not exist' option. Can't we just display active links only?

Or, at least put them in a floating (side) bar. All those social sharing buttons, the profile photo, name and bio take up so much place and the important content is pushed bellow the fold.

Most contributors have a random pic as their avatar, why do we need a bigger one of the same?

Now I have the old layout back but I remember having an About tab in the navigation which is an empty page in my case.

My question is about the bio line from bellow the name, can't that be included in the About page, so freeing up some space at the top and giving a sense to the about page at the same time?

17 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

I haven't got this change to my port yet but what is odd is that when I click on any of the portfolio links in the posts above nothing has changed to those in my view. I also searched ports on the main Sstock site. All looks the same. Confused 🤔

Yes, my port looks exactly the same as the old one, but the most important things on my port are my images and not my bio, social links (don't have any) or whatever.

14 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

I haven't got this change to my port yet but what is odd is that when I click on any of the portfolio links in the posts above nothing has changed to those in my view. I also searched ports on the main Sstock site. All looks the same. Confused 🤔

I don't know about others but I had the new version just for a short while. Next time I opened my port I had the old version back and still have it.

I guess they are still working on it.

Remember me? I got a warning on this forum, because I said that your improvements will only make it worse.
Now what? Now you removed sorting by Newest. And added social network links, which is useless. We had a text field a years ago! Everyone who wanted to share contacts, shared it via this field. Others did not wanted, but now they have a very nice and comfortable way to not to!