Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
James R Poston

No Bickering! Yayyyyy

Recommended Posts

I don't know what happened the last few days or so, but I have noticed that the forum is now worth reading. I can sit back and relax and not worry about listening to one or two individuals going at each other's throat. Hopefully it will stay that way. Debate is fine, but just plain rude comments are worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that too - also it appears we can no longer se how many + or - each person has got - which in my opinion is a good thing.  Improvements at last!.

 

As for performance - this month has bean a total disaster - earnings are not even half of what I normally get EVERY month (based on the last 2 years)  - I'll make payout, but not sure what is happening here.  I know it's supply and demand and it's not 'my' season, but normally I'm $10-$20 difference a month, regardless of month, nearly a week to go, maybe the EL fairy will come and rescue me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Month is okay. 4th best ever in terms of downloads, 3rd best ever in terms of dollars and there is still a week to go. Probably a function of the gradually increasing size of my portfolio and better quality shots. Overall, downloads as a percentage of portfolio remain fairly consistent. 

Better mix of Subs, SODs and ODDs this month. Last month was too many Subs.

I did get an EL (or equivalent) - $26.40 - but it was over on AS, not SS. Same photo hasn't sold yet on here.

Weekends continue to be dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aaron Lemay said:

I want to bring some positive impact and positive points and tips. If people are interested in discussing their monthly outcome every month that would be something positive for this platform. When November 30th rolls around I going to post a thread and if this is something good, we can do this every month. Doing so would bring encouragement to others to get out them and keep doing something creative. Also we can discuss tips to help each other out a bit more. Something a bit more refreshing. If this discussion has already started, then I will look for that thread if not. Then my post will be the first "How was your November Outcome!"

Nope, the fastest way to make enemies and to get hate replies is to post about your success.
Don't post about income, number of images uploaded and accepted, don't post about the size of your port or how fast it's growing.
For Go's sake never mention your goals (if you have any) or your plan for success.
Post trivial matters like "golly gee it's been 3 hours since I submitted and I have no review"
Or "I have 23 images in my port and no sales, what gives?"
That is how you avoid arguments.
That's my new rule for the coming new year. Don't talk about your success or your port.
Never mention itty bitty, small, teeny tiny, microscopic, piddly little ports that never grow. Never do that.
The weeping and wailing will be unbearable. Treat the owners of these small ports with the respect they deserve.
To each his or her or it's own.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Grossinger said:

Nope, the fastest way to make enemies and to get hate replies is to post about your success.
Don't post about income, number of images uploaded and accepted, don't post about the size of your port or how fast it's growing.
For Go's sake never mention your goals (if you have any) or your plan for success.
Post trivial matters like "golly gee it's been 3 hours since I submitted and I have no review"
Or "I have 23 images in my port and no sales, what gives?"
That is how you avoid arguments.
That's my new rule for the coming new year. Don't talk about your success or your port.
Never mention itty bitty, small, teeny tiny, microscopic, piddly little ports that never grow. Never do that.
The weeping and wailing will be unbearable. Treat the owners of these small ports with the respect they deserve.
To each his or her or it's own.


 

Why not, Joe?

When Annie posts her 84.000th download, Mihai his 4 digits of monthly income, chywork his 70 downloads a day in average with 950 images, Anja her "reached 20.000 $ with one image", Doug his making nearly 3,000 $ a month on shutterstock, that's one reason to congratulate and respect.

I never saw any hate reply to those words of success. I only saw a lot of congratulations. Impressive facts were shown and received only positive reactions. Can you show at least one hate post as a reaction on facts like those? I can't!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grossinger said:

Nope, the fastest way to make enemies and to get hate replies is to post about your success.
Don't post about income, number of images uploaded and accepted, don't post about the size of your port or how fast it's growing.
For Go's sake never mention your goals (if you have any) or your plan for success.
Post trivial matters like "golly gee it's been 3 hours since I submitted and I have no review"
Or "I have 23 images in my port and no sales, what gives?"
That is how you avoid arguments.
That's my new rule for the coming new year. Don't talk about your success or your port.
Never mention itty bitty, small, teeny tiny, microscopic, piddly little ports that never grow. Never do that.
The weeping and wailing will be unbearable. Treat the owners of these small ports with the respect they deserve.
To each his or her or it's own.

The problem doesn't come from posting income or images in your port. Neither does it comes from stating your goals. The problem comes from your attitude towards everything. Your obsession in making rules to follow. This was so beautifully quiet... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really not worth bothering about how well - or not well - others are doing. I read what has been said, I look at ports and I try to draw lessons which can make me more successful. But that success is in relation to my own personal goals and not some general definition of success. Neither do I begrudge others their 'success'. Good luck to them is my view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

The problem doesn't come from posting income or images in your port. Neither does it comes from stating your goals. The problem comes from your attitude towards everything. Your obsession in making rules to follow. This was so beautifully quiet... 

You are so right. I'm terribly sorry I stated that one must have a plan to succeed. Just look at all the successful little ports  owned by people who are free and have no plan. Self discipline is so ugly.
Peace! LOVE! Respect!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, David Moreno Hernandez said:

The problem doesn't come from posting income or images in your port. Neither does it comes from stating your goals. The problem comes from your attitude towards everything. Your obsession in making rules to follow. This was so beautifully quiet... 

So after all that has gone on, all that has been said, it should be pretty clear right now who the principle forum antagonist really was all along. He just can't help himself. I think it is a sickness. I really do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matylda Laurence said:

yes Grossinger I  totally agree...don't feed the green eyed monster...empathy is good and supporting newbies and oldies...all in this together what ever the next day brings yay!!

Much happiness to you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Can you show at least one hate post as a reaction on facts like those? I can't!

Pffft. You have never read the $30,000 thread and you have not read the posts addressed to Mihai.
Milleflore is a beautiful and wonderful person who also has her detractors.
Selective amnesia is such a huge problem.
Hey, I've changed my tune.
Much happiness to all the contributors with teeny, tiny, itty bitty, microscopic, piddly little ports!
Just what would we do if those contributors stopped posting and started uploading. Horrors!
All that added competition on top of the regular flood that pours in. No way! I say!

Have a grand and wonderful 2020
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grossinger said:

Pffft. You have never read the $30,000 thread and you have not read the posts addressed to Mihai.
Milleflore is a beautiful and wonderful person who also has her detractors.
Selective amnesia is such a huge problem.
Hey, I've changed my tune.
Much happiness to all the contributors with teeny, tiny, itty bitty, microscopic, piddly little ports!
Just what would we do if those contributors stopped posting and started uploading. Horrors!
All that added competition on top of the regular flood that pours in. No way! I say!

Have a grand and wonderful 2020
 

Yes, I have read the $30,000 thread as well as I have read the posts addressed to Mihai.

Several times I congratulated both of them. And I meant that seriously.

I even gave Doug my concrete numbers and stats in a PM, because I didn't agree with all his statements and wanted to prove my view. Simply to show him that not everything he wrote is transferable to all contributors. Nevertheless, I find his success impressive and that's exactly what I wrote to him several times. I was in contact with Mihai as well several times.

Ask Mihai or Doug if I'm telling the truth. And please don't tell me what I have read - I'm sure that I know it better than you! Amnesia is no problem for me.

But once more I ask you like I did before: Can you show at least one hate post as a reaction on facts like those? I can't! 

 

Sorry for the bickering, James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Doug his making nearly 3,000 $ a month on shutterstock, that's one reason to congratulate and respect.

Not any more.  I blew right past the $3,000 per month mark.  I hit $3692 in September (56% increase over September 2018) and $3751 in October (88% increase over October 2018).  November will be a bit lower, but November always is lower due to the holidays. My business plan and methods are paying off.  I haven't even submitted anything new since July 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cpaulfell said:

My worst month in 7 years. The last time it was this bad was Sep2012 when I had only 69 images in my port.

No my worst this year, but way off trend. More because of lots of subs than a lot fewer downloads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 3:21 PM, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Yes, I have read the $30,000 thread as well as I have read the posts addressed to Mihai.

Several times I congratulated both of them. And I meant that seriously.

I believe you. But that's you and not most people on the forum.
I have no reason to not believe you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...