Whiteaster

"Exciting news" (again). New portfolio page???????????

I'm a little slow, so what are those exciting new they are talking about in this recent email?

We can’t share any details beyond that (for now) but we highly recommend you take another look at your Shutterstock Portfolio page.

Do you see anything new or why should we take another look at our port?

Go give your portfolio page some TLC and stay tuned for some exciting updates coming your way!

Excuse my ignorance, what does TLC stand for?

I am so excited they will mess up the site again.

59 minutes ago, 1000 Words Images said:

Hi Whiteaster.

They state that a new portfolio page is in the make and they encourage us to tweak and be sure that the current one is updated so you will make optimal use of the new version. TLC = Tender Love Care ;)

Thank you Mirco but Tender Love Care is as Chinese for me as TLC. Still I've found this on Google and now I'm beginning to understand it:

An ad that states the home "needs TLC" warns buyers the home is a fixer-upper and needs repairs.

So what is with the larger profile photo and creating a bio, "to help our customers get to know you a bit more" ?

Customers should know us better or facebook? Fiddling while Rome burns.

4 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Tender Love Care

I got it in German, it says:

Geben Sie Ihrer Portfolio-Seite etwas liebevolle Fürsorge und warten Sie auf einige aufregende Updates!

Translation:

Give your portfolio page some loving care and wait for some exciting updates!

18 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I see that now if you don't fill out your social media links, your profile ranking is down 10%.

But it goes back up if you fill in each tab with "none", good job!

It was like this for years. Happily, this rating doesn't mean a thing.

15 minutes ago, Swill Klitch said:

It was like this for years. Happily, this rating doesn't mean a thing.

That is true but we had no social media links lately (from what I know). Now I found my ranking at 85%, I fixed it. Not that I care, it doesn't mean a thing, just a fluff in my eyes.

9 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

So, has anyone figured out yet what is so EXCITING?

I just fear it's some godawful change that makes it even worse than the previous change.

Or another FB deal, this time with our personal data (for those willing to tell).

5 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

I see that now if you don't fill out your social media links, your profile ranking is down 10%.

I got same e-mail also and was wondering what is TLC ! Now,i learned with explain here.Thanks.

I could not add my social medias and my profile is %95 ! I have no time for social medias so not important for me.Even no time for my formal website.The customers will look our large ! profile picture and they will buy our works?Interesting!

When they update something new my port is getting broken and damage as last time gone 1st category! from my images.

Hope will be nice.

13 minutes ago, Gulsen Ozcan said:

I got same e-mail also and was wondering what is TLC ! Now,i learned with explain here.Thanks.

I could not add my social medias and my profile is %95 ! I have no time for social medias so not important for me.Even no time for my formal website.The customers will look our large ! profile picture and they will buy our works?Interesting!

When they update something new my port is getting broken and damage as last time gone 1st category! from my images.

Hope will be nice.

Just write "none" (or probably anything else) in each field

7 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

Many thanks for that information.  I did do that and got a 'profile strength' of 95%.  Then I filled in a few lines of biography and got 100%!  This may not matter at all, but at least the effort required was negligible.  And who knows, the forthcoming 'excitement' may be linked to this so I figure it is worth doing.

34 minutes ago, clivewa said:

Many thanks for that information.  I did do that and got a 'profile strength' of 95%.  Then I filled in a few lines of biography and got 100%!  This may not matter at all, but at least the effort required was negligible.  And who knows, the forthcoming 'excitement' may be linked to this so I figure it is worth doing.

You are welcome.

I can't make 100% because I didn't fill in the location. Some people have all kind of text in place but I don't know how they did it.