Announcing the new "Featured Artists" Section on Shutterstock.com!

Shutterstock is happy to announce a new Featured Artists section on the logged-in customer's image homepage. This will serve to highlight a new group of five contributors every 30 days, selected based on the performance of their portfolios and the relevancy of their content to current trends. The Featured Artist selections are made at the discretion of the Shutterstock curators, so take a look at our most recent Shot List, and keep sharing your amazing talents with the world!

2 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hey @Sari ONeal - is something spamming you? Please send some details, and I'll try to help.

Nah, it was just the notifications of the reactions that I *thought* I turned off  and they kept coming. When I went back to investigate I noticed I needed to switch off some more options. It's all good now. Thank you, though! :D I appreciate your offer! :D 

4 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hey @Sari ONeal - is something spamming you? Please send some details, and I'll try to help.

Well, that didn't take long.  Someone decided to down vote every single post in a thread I put up on my descriptions being truncated.  "Reaction spam" will need to be addressed, I guess.  If we're going to do this, it should probably be transparent as to who's reacting, like Facebook.  Anonymously spamming every post in entire threads with up or down votes is silly and childish.

2 minutes ago, chris kolaczan said:

Yes. And given how relentlessly childish certain cliques of contributors around here have been lately I can imagine some people using this every time they see a post from their favorite target.

Like putting armed nukes in the hands of children.

3 minutes ago, chris kolaczan said:

Hopefully at least admins can see who is downvoting so if they see (or have brought to their attention) certain patterns showing up they can do something about it. I'm not really hopeful though so this will be one more reason for me to try to avoid posting anything on the forums frankly.

It's not something that will be policed at all.  Doing so would just make more work for the mods and I think they have their hands full putting out other fires.  It might be a great idea if done the right way (Facebook or Twitter), but doing it anonymously just invites mischief.  Instead of fostering a sense of community, ultimately I think it will hurt it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 9:31 PM, Jeff De said:

Shutterstock is happy to announce a new Featured Artists section on the logged-in customer's image homepage. This will serve to highlight a new group of five contributors every 30 days, selected based on the performance of their portfolios and the relevancy of their content to current trends. The Featured Artist selections are made at the discretion of the Shutterstock curators, so take a look at our most recent Shot List, and keep sharing your amazing talents with the world!

On 11/4/2019 at 11:21 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

@Kate Shutterstock @Jeff De

"This will serve to highlight a new group of five contributors every 30 days" Ye ye. Shutterstock always keeps the word :) Featured Artists not updated for 2 months. 

shot_200305_211420.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"We’ve paid out over $1 billion to our contributors. Upload your work and start earning"

if i calculate correctly .25 c per image that makes 4 billion images and since we know that each image sells on average ( based on the other people paying for them as described on the website) $14 - hmm that makes last year earnings of shutterstock what $56billion?
you see for me educated not in North america billion is 9 zeros, apparently it is 6 zeros in North America? if yes,then shutterstock earns 56 times more for every image than the contributor does... I shall research it further if this is a fare  deal :)

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shutterstock-reports-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2019-financial-results-301004212.html

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...