Introducing Forum Reactions!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're excited to introduce a new feature to the Shutterstock Contributor Forums - Reactions! Reactions award reputation points to the contributor who posted a topic or reply. Each reaction can in

I see blood, tears and alcoholism....

@Jeffde1 Is this not abuse of the Forum Reaction feature?   @Forum Mihai and @Mihai_Andritoiu are the same person. Both logged in a few minutes apart. @Mihai_Andritoiu li

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Lost Mountain Studio said:

I find it interesting that people with two accounts get to vote twice.

1 hour ago, Forum Mihai said:

I will not hesitate to do it again.

Using two accounts simultaneously is frowned upon on most forums - and should have the member banned.

@jeffde should delete the @Mihai_Andritoiu account and assess the @Forum Mihai account with 1 Warning Point.

12 minutes ago, Forum Mihai said:

Yes, dear @Leonard Whistler,  I will not hesitate to compensate for the frenzy you went through when you indiscriminately downvoted dozens of consecutive posts, the minute after you discovered this tool, while acting like an innocent victim, before you realized that we could see who did it 😂

And I will not hesitate to compensate for the savage wolf pack encirclement attack other contributors had to deal with.

@jeffde

There should be zero tolerance for two forum accounts being used simultaneously by one member.

12 minutes ago, Forum Mihai said:

And I will not hesitate to compensate for the savage wolf pack encirclement attack other contributors had to deal with.

All hail "Mihai The Righteous Crusader"!

(Full of yourself, much?)

For a guy who agrees with me that this reaction system is worthless and needs to be dumped, you and your alter-ego sure are getting your kicks out of it, eh?

😲

18 minutes ago, Forum Mihai said:

Meanwhile, I have no problem using the system, as long as we still have to deal with packs of bloodthirsty wolfs, enjoying their downvoting attacks.

LOL!  Wow!  Hyperbole, much?!?  You and your alter-ego should probably put the keyboard down now and slowly back away!  I think you're beginning to lose touch with reality here!  LMAO!

7 minutes ago, Lost Mountain Studio said:

I really don’t have any “buddies”, nor have I down or upvoted anyone since this was recently implemented, so please don’t attribute that to me.  The only person I have ever had much contact with other than public posts is @Milleflore Images who very generously helped me with advice on what to change and shoot to improve sales.
Apart from that, I personally find it a hubristic notion that you believe you should be able to decide who can and can’t down vote anyone, and have the right to negate their opinion, especially given what appears to me as your obsessive stalking of other contributors.  I also don’t agree with the fact that you are allowed two active forum accounts so that no one can copy your port (something that you openly admitted to doing yourself) and yet you are free to copy and comment on others portfolios.  Seems like an unfair advantage.  Rather than make a fuss about this and other things that bothered me, I decided to simply quietly leave the forum.  I asked @jeffde to remove me from the forum on September 17 and again on October 9 because I find the whole tone of it has become a toxic playground and there seems to be little of value for me here.  This is the first time I have posted since then.  I’m not sure why he has not granted my request, but I suspect he will now.  

For what it's worth, well said, Kelly.  You will be missed.

12 minutes ago, Lost Mountain Studio said:

I really don’t have any “buddies”, nor have I down or upvoted anyone since this was recently implemented, so please don’t attribute that to me.  The only person I have ever had much contact with other than public posts is @Milleflore Images who very generously helped me with advice on what to change and shoot to improve sales.
Apart from that, I personally find it a hubristic notion that you believe you should be able to decide who can and can’t down vote anyone, and have the right to negate their opinion, especially given what appears to me as your obsessive stalking of other contributors.  I also don’t agree with the fact that you are allowed two active forum accounts so that no one can copy your port (something that you openly admitted to doing yourself) and yet you are free to copy and comment on others portfolios.  Seems like an unfair advantage.  Rather than make a fuss about this and other things that bothered me, I decided to simply quietly leave the forum.  I asked @jeffde to remove me from the forum on September 17 and again on October 9 because I find the whole tone of it has become a toxic playground and there seems to be little of value for me here.  This is the first time I have posted since then.  I’m not sure why he has not granted my request, but I suspect he will now.  

Another voice of reason leaving. A sad loss. 

2 minutes ago, chris kolaczan said:

I've sent a message off to Jeff as well. Similar motivations. This place is too toxic to be worth it anymore.

I sincerely wish there was a way to remove the forum tab from my dashboard.

Best of luck everyone, its been a good run.

Sorry to hear that Chris, as with Kelly, you'll be missed too. 

32 minutes ago, Mark Godden said:

Sorry to hear that Chris, as with Kelly, you'll be missed too. 

Yep.  I think I'll be on my way out soon, too.  It's not worth putting up with any more.

Come to think of it, maybe that was the point of this new reaction system after all.   Drive good people away.  

@jeffde, please delete my forum account, too, and delete any forum posts I have ever made.  I don't want my work being copied or misused after I'm gone, since I won't be around to protect it.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

Yep.  I think I'll be on my way out soon, too.  It's not worth putting up with any more.

I'm kinda thinking the same to be honest Phil. It was always a bit rough here, especially for newbies but the continuous in-fighting is now getting really old. A shame because I've enjoyed hanging out here for the last several years and I've learnt an absolutely huge amount about photography from many people including Laurin and yourself. Nobody is learning much here these days.... 

I think instead of leaving the forum it is better to just stay and to not take written words to personally. Everyone here has his own values here and will always help a certain group. You just have to know how to not take it to hard in a world where all is written without personal contact. Stay with us guys and die to live :)

11 minutes ago, Forum Mihai said:

to defend the victim against those wolf pack and forum zombies attacks.

There are no victims here.  I honestly believe you have lost touch with reality and see yourself as some megalomaniacal crusader defending people from worthless downvotes in a worthless and meaningless reputation system.  It would be laughable if you didn't take both it and yourself so seriously.

In any event, who cares?  You'll have the run of this place all to yourself soon enough.

There is now one thread in the Contributor Experience section where the OP just DownVotes every single post that doesn't agree with him, no matter how helpful those posts are, that's how 'great' this 'new' feature is. I could of course respond in kind but that would be just as bad. Just don't use this feature and don't give a rat's ass what your so-called Community Reputation is.

1 hour ago, Mark Godden said:

Nobody is learning much here these days.... 

You're right, of course.  Between the "upload, upload, upload" and "you need at least 2,000 images to really start selling" mantras, and the sycophants who support such mindless drivel with "See? Quality doesn't sell" and "This is not a photo club/elementary school" mentality, it has become virtually impossible to help people actually seeking it in the open forums.  I know I've taken to helping people that ask for it in personal messages, because the threat of having a "Help Me" thread being hijacked by these people is too great.  They offer nothing of substance of their own, yet insist that only their way is gospel canon, while berating those of us who do try to help others. 

And the moderators do virtually nothing to stop it.  A warning point here, a suspension there means nothing to these people, who insist on either attacking us or "defending" one of their own to the point of absurdity (see above in re: "wolf packs" and "forum zombies"). 

The inmates are running this asylum, and it's time to go.