Introducing Forum Reactions!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're excited to introduce a new feature to the Shutterstock Contributor Forums - Reactions! Reactions award reputation points to the contributor who posted a topic or reply. Each reaction can in

I see blood, tears and alcoholism....

@Jeffde1 Is this not abuse of the Forum Reaction feature?   @Forum Mihai and @Mihai_Andritoiu are the same person. Both logged in a few minutes apart. @Mihai_Andritoiu li

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Phil Lowe said:

Sorry, Rob.  Now you appear to be at -5 (undeservedly so) and it's because some people have nothing better to do than trash the forum with their childish behavior.  For what it's worth, I gave you an "up vote", but it doesn't matter.  As I noted earlier: the mods have put a tool in the hands of the disengaged (socially illiterate) and vindictive to trash other people without writing a word.  Thanks, @jeffde.

1489912223_11-6-20196-30-29PM.thumb.jpg.d1e040b7e76f2a4be678dcacfdbbb44d.jpg

Thanks Phil, I’m logging off this forum until this feature is discontinued.

2 hours ago, Rob Lavers said:

I’m logging off this forum until this feature is discontinued.

I did that a long time ago. The forum was never this empty and useless.

Even the famous Barry Blackburn and Laurin Rinder war was more useful and even entertaining than seeing this former forum clown, Lenard, awarding everything in his way with red flags.

Attack guys, c'mon!

IMO it's only the downvote button that needs to go, that's the troublemaker in the pack, the rest can be used or not depending on personal preference. Can't see much of an issue with the others and they can be fun and useful. 
They got removed last time because of abuse of the downvote. 
Do people really care that much about how many votes they have? Who's upvoting and who's downvoting. May be I'm just getting old lol.

8 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I did that a long time ago. The forum was never this empty and useless.

Even the famous Barry Blackburn and Laurin Rinder war was more useful and even entertaining than seeing this former forum clown, Lenard, awarding everything in his way with red flags.

Attack guys, c'mon!

I have to agree that there isn't much of use here anymore. Those who shared their knowledge have all pretty much gone or don't share publicly any more for being pounced on. It's a real shame. 

6 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

I have to agree that there isn't much of use here anymore. Those who shared their knowledge have all pretty much gone or don't share publicly any more for being pounced on. It's a real shame

It really is. Now we have this exciting game with arrows instead, some are so excited about it that they are playing "four hands" to be more effective..

39 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

I have to agree that there isn't much of use here anymore. Those who shared their knowledge have all pretty much gone or don't share publicly any more for being pounced on. It's a real shame. 

Agreed Linda, there was always prickliness interwoven with sound advice. Now the balance has shifted and it's mostly animosity. The 'downvote' option is not proving beneficial either. What do I care, it's my Birthday and I'm about to open a can of beer or three..... 😁 

23 minutes ago, Forum Mihai said:

I would give you a big upvote, but I just exhausted my voting quota for today, fixing another road rage one of the forum members was subjected to.

Do we have one Mihai? I know for sure that the downvote quota is more than 100 😉

On some forums you have "stars" from (0) 1 to 5
The number of "stars" that a post receives is given by calculating the average of the "stars" given by all users (number of stars/number of users who gave stars)
If you like a post that you generally give four or five stars
A common practice is to give a single star when you don't like the post, this way the average is reduced.

This is by far the system I prefer

1 hour ago, Mark Godden said:

Agreed Linda, there was always prickliness interwoven with sound advice. Now the balance has shifted and it's mostly animosity. The 'downvote' option is not proving beneficial either. What do I care, it's my Birthday and I'm about to open a can of beer or three..... 😁 

Happy Birthday Mark - have one for me ;o)

15 hours ago, Forum Mihai said:

There was not a hint of hypocrisy when I pointed out your downvotes because I never claimed to be a virgin. With "characters" like us in the forum, that's hard.

On the other hand, you took the moral high ground calling "characters" like us, disengaged, social illiterate, vindictive, etc.

Just get down from your pedestal, you are no different.

And stop accusing others of things you do, because that's hypocrisy!

2019-11-07_13-51-31.thumb.jpg.7c70885912b27a61a1e8629ea0fa6e67.jpg

For someone who thinks this system is worthless and should be dumped, I see you have no trouble at all continuing to use it, even after I tried it for, what, 19 times???

2019-11-07_13-48-55.thumb.jpg.241e195fac8c882b078a4f5d2ae7df7f.jpg

You now have 4.5x more downvotes than I do, adding 14 more since I last posted your count (45-31=14).  In other words, you've downvoted more times in about the last 24 hours than I have the entire time this little social experiment has been running, yet you agree with me it's worthless and should be dumped???

Yeah.  That's hypocrisy.  Enjoy your new toy, as I see you've already broken it!

LOL!

Screenshot_20191107-114611_Chrome.jpg.8db74beae237ff568b96c4506814962f.jpg.00734bc6728672923e62e57ac8c7aea5.jpg

36 minutes ago, ok_fotoday said:

image.png.5e14b2c00510ea7a2d3c76ab1bd27c5b.pngProbably it's nice to get a plus. But how to understand when and for what I got a minus ???

I think I know the answer. Did you post images to any "show me thread".

I've seen people downvoting others' work in these threads. I think that counts also as unsolicited critique which is against the TOS.

11 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

I think I know the answer. Did you post images to any "show me thread".

I've seen people downvoting others' work in these threads. I think that counts as unsolicited critique which is against the TOS.

Thanks. Then it doesn’t matter. My first thought was that I violated some rules of the forum and could not understand what I did?