Introducing Forum Reactions!

30 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

Jeff, could this be abused by people who will "downvote" every post /reply by a person they don't like?

I can't believe that there is a single person in these fora who would ever contemplate doing anything of that sort.. 😁

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're excited to introduce a new feature to the Shutterstock Contributor Forums - Reactions! Reactions award reputation points to the contributor who posted a topic or reply. Each reaction can in

I see blood, tears and alcoholism....

@Jeffde1 Is this not abuse of the Forum Reaction feature?   @Forum Mihai and @Mihai_Andritoiu are the same person. Both logged in a few minutes apart. @Mihai_Andritoiu li

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

Haha, we used to have something like this before, the down button got used a lot and lead to a lot of disgruntlement 😜 BUT it means we might be able to have the food photo voting thread back? @Milleflore Images @PlopandShoot That was a great thread :D 

hehe

40 minutes ago, D O-P Photography said:

You can turn them off if you want in notification settings 

Screenshot_20191104-212309_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yes , Debbie , I know I can turn them off but up until this 'new feature' I only got notifications if someone quoted me, but now we are getting them every time someone does a 'Like' or 'Dislike', this isn't FB. Don't even know why SS would invest money to introduce this 'feature'.

6 hours ago, chris kolaczan said:

What could possibly go wrong?

Let me predict the Red down arrow will be removed in under a month. Like many other forums, only positive votes will be allowed. Just from a historical standpoint. 😉 That's what could go wrong. Someone post something unpopular and BAM! Raining a barrage of red arrows from the sky, like the middle ages warriors. 😮

1 hour ago, Milleflore Images said:
6 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

Haha, we used to have something like this before, the down button got used a lot and lead to a lot of disgruntlement 😜 BUT it means we might be able to have the food photo voting thread back? @Milleflore Images @PlopandShoot That was a great thread :D 

hehe

That would be a positive, having voting for any foodie or other photo contests.

19 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

Let me predict the Red down arrow will be removed in under a month. Like many other forums, only positive votes will be allowed. Just from a historical standpoint. 😉 That's what could go wrong. Someone post something unpopular and BAM! Raining a barrage of red arrows from the sky, like the middle ages warriors. 😮

That would be a positive, having voting for any foodie or other photo contests.

Pete, you could turn your Plop and Shoot thread into a foodie competition? That would be fun, and then the winner for that week can choose the next food topic. Then everyone could join in, and it doesn't always have to be about the best photo, but could be the funniest, or most interesting, etc. People could just upload smart phone pics too if they wanted.

20 hours ago, chris kolaczan said:

What could possibly go wrong?

It already did. Some childish troll went through every post in contributor experience and gave it a red down arrow. I hope the admins can see the data and give them a swift kick. Hey that could be good, trolls ID themselves, Admins respond... self cleaning forum? 😎

2 hours ago, HodagMedia said:

Some childish troll went through every post in contributor experience and gave it a red down arrow.

What a surprise Pete, I guess some folk just can't help themselves. The anonymous aspect of the new feature needs a re-think....

18 hours ago, Leonard Whistler said:
  • I don't like the Forum Reactions feature.
  • For some odd reason I have received lots of  Downvotes and my Members Reputation is negative.

Why?

You do understand, everyone can see all your down votes on nearly every post?

down-votes-leonard-3.jpg

Or are you really... oh nevermind.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:43 AM, jeffde said:

Please try out this feature and let us know your feedback.

Sorry, Jeff.  It has become a tool of the disengaged and vindictive to trash other people's "community reputations".  As such, it has neither any socially redeeming value nor does it foster a positive community experience.  

We were better off without it, IMHO.

According to my husband (who is on a lot of technical programming forums) they have similar things there were you can up or down vote an article or comment, but in order to down vote, you must have something called "karma". And not sure if there was a limit on number of negative down votes you can do in a single day. That way someone who's feeling negative over all in any given day can't go down vote everyone on the thread/forum/whatever. Just a though. Hard to initiate those kind of controls now that the feature is launched though.

1 hour ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

According to my husband (who is on a lot of technical programming forums) they have similar things there were you can up or down vote an article or comment, but in order to down vote, you must have something called "karma". And not sure if there was a limit on number of negative down votes you can do in a single day. That way someone who's feeling negative over all in any given day can't go down vote everyone on the thread/forum/whatever. Just a though. Hard to initiate those kind of controls now that the feature is launched though.

Yep. The best and only thing they can do now is dump it.  Bad idea given some of the characters here.

3 hours ago, Rob Lavers said:

I am -1, how the hell did that happen? This is a nasty idea and I want none of it.

Sorry, Rob.  Now you appear to be at -5 (undeservedly so) and it's because some people have nothing better to do than trash the forum with their childish behavior.  For what it's worth, I gave you an "up vote", but it doesn't matter.  As I noted earlier: the mods have put a tool in the hands of the disengaged (socially illiterate) and vindictive to trash other people without writing a word.  Thanks, @jeffde.

1489912223_11-6-20196-30-29PM.thumb.jpg.d1e040b7e76f2a4be678dcacfdbbb44d.jpg

2 hours ago, Forum Mihai said:

You are right about that, and I am glad we can agree on something: this Downvoting feature is a bad idea, indeed.

I have one suggestion, though: include yourself in the pool of "characters" you are talking about. With ten Downvotes on your badge, you are no different than most "characters" on this forum.

20191106_193840.jpg.118716b3f43854b735773719f925617d.jpg

You know what I mean?

I do.  Your hypocrisy precedes you.

Glass house, meet stone:

2025080042_11-6-20199-58-29PM.jpg.9cde4a649d6f70cbba3b103ea95e33c0.jpg

Welcome to "the pool". For anyone else keeping score, FM has more down votes than I have total reactions given, yet he wants to call me out???

LOL!