Portfolio link on forum

Who would like to have a button in their profile page here on the forum to turn off the link to your portfolio. I know I would. SS doesn't seem to have any plans for this, as stated by @jeffde in another thread, but there are a number of forum members who don't have a link to their port. Maybe if enough contributors state that they would like this option SS might consider building it into the forum. If contributors want to show off their port they can then do so in the 'Show and Tell' threads.

3 minutes ago, D O-P Photography said:

Yes or perhaps FM MRUC or MJ can tell us how they did it? 🤔

I actually think SS should just give us the option. It's a way to steel ideas and even for the thieves to pick images from ports for their own. @jeffde actually said he thinks there are 2 forum members without a link but its a lot more.

22 minutes ago, Maurice James Dawson said:

Who would like to have a button in their profile page here on the forum to turn off the link to your portfolio. I know I would. SS doesn't seem to have any plans for this, as stated by @jeffde in another thread, but there are a number of forum members who don't have a link to their port. Maybe if enough contributors state that they would like this option SS might consider building it into the forum. If contributors want to show off their port they can then do so in the 'Show and Tell' threads.

Me.

Its been the bane of my life as a stock photographer. Only once, a few years ago, when SS moved over to a new forum format, were there no port links. And it was wonderful. Nowadays with over half a million registered contributors, privacy of portfolio is critical if one is trying to keep ahead of the masses.