Sign in to follow this  
nmtdtrk

Editorial photo Reject IS

I took a lot of photos at a festival the other day. Like military vehicles and demonstrations. I have shared the same pictures together with SS vd IS. My editorial posts were accepted as SS. The same visuals were all rejected IS. A place where anyone can easily enter. I didn't understand why he was rejected. Should editorial content require property permission. ?

Reason not rejected: Problematic Location
This photograph appears to have been produced at a location or venue where photographic rights are protected, therefore not permitted for use, including Unreleased. A property release must be obtained and submitted along with the image.

Sample: 

_MG_2615.jpg

4 hours ago, nmtdtrk said:

I took a lot of photos at a festival the other day. Like military vehicles and demonstrations. I have shared the same pictures together with SS vd IS. My editorial posts were accepted as SS. The same visuals were all rejected IS. A place where anyone can easily enter. I didn't understand why he was rejected. Should editorial content require property permission. ?

This photograph appears to have been produced at a location or venue where photographic rights are protected, therefore not permitted for use, including Unreleased. A property release must be obtained and submitted along with the image.

Sample: 

did your entry fee to the event state that you were allowed to take images to sell for money?

Admission is free and there is no warning that photography is prohibited. You only register for tickets online. An international festival. I never thought that I have to get permission.

11 minutes ago, nmtdtrk said:

Admission is free and there is no warning that photography is prohibited.

There are some shows in the US that are also free to the public but photography is restricted, often requiring credentials. This is a case where IS is being cautious as they do not know the event/rules/restriction etc. in question.

27 minutes ago, nmtdtrk said:

Admission is free and there is no warning that photography is prohibited. You only register for tickets online. An international festival. I never thought that I have to get permission.

i would send them copy of the guidelines that say you are allowed to take pictures and commercially profit from them...  IS usually answers

10 minutes ago, nmtdtrk said:

It's not that complicated to accept SS editorial content. If I send my login ticket, will the problem be solved as evidence? There is no warning on the website. I need your opinion.

https://www.teknofest.org/en/katilim-and-kurallar.html

seriously....  SS is a nightmare for editorial.  they change the rules with no notice, and no answers (so marathons and bike races).  They suddenly decide that you require a press release for an event that was on public property. or that an image is NOT newsworthy enough.  and that's only in last 3 months

1 hour ago, nmtdtrk said:

Editorial photo counting is very little and I'm just learning new :(. I didn't think it would be so messy.

300 close photos IS bye bye: ((

i find IS easier.  No to events, No to News, No to kids as focus. and after the most recent fiasco, no to uploads from me...)  SS is pretty random (i'm actually surprised some of your image went through..... 😉  )

a

4 minutes ago, jean-francois.me said:

SS is pretty random (i'm actually surprised some of your image went through..... 😉  )

How did it normally happen?  Pictures like this were rejected.

4 hours ago, Elliott Cowand Jr said:

I was surprised I needed a press credential to submit a NFL game from the uppermost row of the Los Angeles Coliseum.

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.32.53 PM.png

You always needed press credentials for sporting events that were not on public ground on Shutterstok. That's not new. And recently you also need press credentials for every photo of any person doing any kinds of sports anywhere apparently.

4 hours ago, Elliott Cowand Jr said:

I was surprised I needed a press credential to submit a NFL game from the uppermost row of the Los Angeles Coliseum.

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.32.53 PM.png

No surprise to me. Nice image by the way.

1 minute ago, Patrick Cooper said:

No surprise to me. Nice image by the way.

really.  I'm surprised that someone would go on  private property and try to profit from it in breach of the rules of entry 

Cameras & Video Recorders

Guests are allowed to bring still cameras provided they do not have detachable lenses and do not interfere with other guests’ view of the event. Camera lenses are limited to three (3) inches. Tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, lights and camera bags are not permitted. Guests may not reproduce or rebroadcast any films, photographs, digital images or video filmed at the stadium without the express written permission of the Los Angeles Rams and the National Football League.

I have just been hit with a load of rejections for needing press credentials from a one day agricultural show - most photos taken outside of the rings have been accepted - with an odd one of a wedding carriage about to enter the ring for an educational display also rejected.  It is a UK one day annual event - and I suspect even contacting organisers before hand asking about press credentials is likely to be met with a look of complete bafflement and assurances photography is fine 🙄.  Most of the stuff in the rings is NOT sporting - it is demonstrations, entertainment, educational type stuff.  It will be interesting when I get to the parade of livestock shots - they were in the main ring but it is hard to tell in some - and what is the difference between the shot of the sheep taken in the showing area and the one of the same sheep with its rosettes in the main ring?   

If I remember and if I go next year (this year I decided on the day to go) I will contact before hand but I doubt it will achieve anything.

On 9/24/2019 at 12:40 PM, nmtdtrk said:

Sample: 

_MG_2615.jpg

If this is from idef or some other military trade show IS wouldn't accept it anyway as they don't take newsworthy editorial. If that's what you mean. They also have totally different editorial criteria to SS when it comes to types of events. All the newsworthy and big event stuff goes to getty.