Sign in to follow this  
ashok india

Advice on 50mm Lenses - Canon Camera

Hi all friends i am so Happy buying new ( My Dream ) camera canon 5d mark iv ( only body ) not buying kit lens, Today i plan buying on canon 50mm 1.8 stm ( Budget Lens ) please tell us your opinion. please tell any other best budget good lens for canon 5d mark iv, any one use this lens ( canon 50mm 1.8 stm ) please tell your experiences.  ( Sorry for my english )

Thanks.

I used the older, non-STM 50.  It was OK, but the STM version is rated slightly better for sharpness than the one I had. 

2019-08-27_03-55-12.thumb.jpg.cadcc66a79d4805aa7ad9f645135b94e.jpg

In fact, it's sharper than the Nikon 50mm G series lens I have, and that lens gave me this shot of my youngest daughter:

stock-photo-beautiful-young-red-haired-w

I don't think you'd go wrong with that EF50mm STM lens.

Hope this helps. 

Just now, Phil Lowe said:

I used the older, non-STM 50.  It was OK, but the STM version is rated slightly better for sharpness than the one I had. 

2019-08-27_03-55-12.thumb.jpg.cadcc66a79d4805aa7ad9f645135b94e.jpg

In fact, it's sharper than the Nikon 50mm G series lens I have, and that lens gave me this shot of my youngest daughter:

stock-photo-beautiful-young-red-haired-w

I don't think you'd go wrong with that EF50mm STM lens.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks..Phil Lowe Nice 

I passed on the STM lens because of a deal and spent a less than a hundred more on the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM.  

Dxomark does rate the STM slightly better on the aberration scale between the two. Although I'm afraid my eyesight isn't good enough to notice the difference.

24 minutes ago, NTL Photography said:

I passed on the STM lens because of a deal and spent a less than a hundred more on the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM.  

Dxomark does rate the STM slightly better on the aberration scale between the two. Although I'm afraid my eyesight isn't good enough to notice the difference.

Thanks..NTL Photography

From my experience using version II, STM and 1.4,

The II has a pentagon bokeh, noisy focus sound, dust gets in easily, but very cheap for good results. 

STM has rounded bokeh, very silent, better sharpness and very modern design.

The 1.4 is very quick, accurate and produce the best sharpness, unlike the STM which has more aberration.