Jump to content
Golf Sukawin

Please advise 400 images , no download

Recommended Posts

Hey there,

just browsing through your portfolio and you have different stock photo for different category and not many repetition which is a good thing

the only thing i realize is your title is a little too general for this stock photo 

stock-photo-hand-holding-in-business-fir

 

you probably can write something like "hand holding business firm grip indicating successful business agreement" instead of just short and simple sentence like you wrote in your title and for key words i think you've got no problem with that, btw all the best to you..

mind sharing how long have you been contributing to shutterstock?

 

regards, 

shawn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Golf!  Welcome!

I didn't get past your first page of images, and stopped on your businessman/woman series.  The problem, as I see it, is that your exposure is all over the place: blown out faces and hands in one shot and underexposed in another.  Are you using your camera's automatic exposure settings in some of these shots?

813942352_8-31-201912-12-10PM.thumb.jpg.4ada7430b73c56158c72d541e19add88.jpg

If you look at your competition for shots like these...

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/business+people+shaking+hands

You'll see that your images are up against tough competition.

I'll add more to this post later, as time permits.  Don't get discouraged.  Welcome to the SS Learning Curve.  ;)

I looked at more of your port, and saw this:

cockroach-on-dirty-white-background-600w

I think you need to ask yourself what a buyer might use something like this for.  Honestly, not only is it kind of repulsive to look at, but it's not shot particularly well.  

Please keep in mind that just because Shutterstock accepts your images doesn't mean that they will sell.  It means that you've been given an opportunity to sell your work, but how you rise to meet that opportunity depends on both your skill as a photographer and your sense of the market.  The fact that you're not selling yet means you may have to reevaluate your approach, both to your subject selection and photographic technique.  

In other words, fewer dead cockroaches, overexposed faces, and empty mangrove swamps, and more images that convey a greater sense of Thai culture and lifestyle.  I know it's beautiful there, and Thai culture is beautiful as well, especially traditional Thai food.  Can we please see more of that and less of the above?  

IMHO.

Hope this helps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2019 at 6:21 PM, Phil Lowe said:

I think you need to ask yourself what a buyer might use something like this for.

@Golf Sukawin

Never think you could guess what a photo is needed for.
You can't and nobody here can.
Because we don't know the buyers. 
And so it can happen that a dead cockroach lands on the side of a telecommunications company.

https://www.t-online.de/heim-garten/haushaltstipps/id_74073286/kakerlaken-bekaempfen-so-werden-sie-die-schaben-los.html

If you upload only what you can imagine what it is used for, you will drown in mediocrity and mainstream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, geogif said:

@Golf Sukawin

Never think you could guess what a photo is needed for.
You can't and nobody here can.
Because we don't know the buyers. 
And so it can happen that a dead cockroach lands on the side of a telecommunications company.

https://www.t-online.de/heim-garten/haushaltstipps/id_74073286/kakerlaken-bekaempfen-so-werden-sie-die-schaben-los.html

If you upload only what you can imagine what it is used for, you will drown in mediocrity and mainstream.

Please advise 400 images , no download

Yes, because that strategy has worked so well for him so far.

By all means: keep doing what you're doing because you're likely to keep getting the same results. 

SMH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

Yes, because that strategy has worked so well for him so far.

I've written nothing about his success or failure so far.
I have merely explained to him, by way of example, why the "advice" of some experts should be marked with large question marks. 
Whereby the advice "Think like a buyer" is certainly one of the most stupid and wrong advice that can be read here again and again. We are not buyers and cannot look into their heads. 
Dead cockroaches sell themselves, there are thousands of possibilities from pest control companies to insect blogs to treatises on living fossils and particularly successful examples of evolution. It is presumptuous and wrong to give such advice from one's own limited world view. 
I am pretty sure, by the way, that dead cockroaches sell better than herrings. That's just an assumption, though. I would not advise anyone not to take herrings. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geogif said:

I've written nothing about his success or failure so far.
I have merely explained to him, by way of example, why the "advice" of some experts should be marked with large question marks. 
Whereby the advice "Think like a buyer" is certainly one of the most stupid and wrong advice that can be read here again and again. We are not buyers and cannot look into their heads. 

Right. It is necessary to take 1000 photos of stumps with moss from different angles. Do not even think about where your photos will be used, be higher than this.

@Golf Sukawin

You have interesting stock photos, but poor quality photos. Therefore, under equal conditions, someone else's photo is chosen.
Do post-processing of photos, do not shoot the white sky, make your photos bright with some idea. Your doctor is holding a card.  White bathrobe on a white wall background.  No contrast, boring. Lighting from the window is poor, it was necessary to put him closer to the window and take the picture from a different angle. Why is the doctor in a plaid shirt.,A plain shirt would be more appropriate for the doctor. Checkered is good for the builder. Doctor holds an insurance card. Why is he holding her? He has an insurance card or the patient brought it and he happily shows it to everyone. What's the point? And the copy space on the left of the preview makes it difficult to discern what is in his hands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Evgeniia Ozerkina said:

Right. It is necessary to take 1000 photos of stumps with moss from different angles. Do not even think about where your photos will be used, be higher than this.

@Golf Sukawin

You have interesting stock photos, but poor quality photos. Therefore, under equal conditions, someone else's photo is chosen.
Do post-processing of photos, do not shoot the white sky, make your photos bright with some idea. Your doctor is holding a card.  White bathrobe on a white wall background.  No contrast, boring. Lighting from the window is poor, it was necessary to put him closer to the window and take the picture from a different angle. Why is the doctor in a plaid shirt.,A plain shirt would be more appropriate for the doctor. Checkered is good for the builder. Doctor holds an insurance card. Why is he holding her? He has an insurance card or the patient brought it and he happily shows it to everyone. What's the point? And the copy space on the left of the preview makes it difficult to discern what is in his hands

As far as the technical side is concerned, I'm of the same opinion as you. But it wasn't about the technical side. If a newbie still need technical help, he should contact a photoclub. In a stock photo forum the technical advice has only one goal. The advice caress the ego of the advisor.  

In the narrower sense it was about whether the photo of a dead cockroach has a sales potential. And in the broader sense, it was about whether the seller's side could recognize the sales potential at all. Whereby I would be with your mossy tree stumps. 

I am quite of the opinion that the photo of a mossy tree trunk has sales potential. It is doubtful whether it has to be 1000 fotos, but not so much because of the motif as because of the danger of similar enrichments.  However, some contributors may think that such a photo has no sales potential. And then they tell this opinion as "truth" to a newcomer. Just as it happened here with the dead cockroach.  And as it happens again and again in this forum. Once again: Nobody, not even a stock photographer, can be familiar with all conceivable and unthinkable areas. That is why it is completely impossible to judge whether a photo is not selling.  But the other way around it can work, often you can see a photo with high sales potential. However, these are pictures that usually follow the mainstream. 

That's what I wanted to get at. Not on technical qualities and not on an evaluation of the PF of the OP. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geogif said:

That's what I wanted to get at. Not on technical qualities and not on an evaluation of the PF of the OP

 

On 8/25/2019 at 11:29 AM, Golf Sukawin said:

This is my photos portfolio, please help review. I have no idea why none is downloaded

Then based on the OP's request for a review of his portfolio and some advice on why his images aren't selling, your posts in this thread are an epic fail.  Next time, it might be a good idea to stay on topic and actually address the question(s) the OP is asking.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

Then based on the OP's request for a review of his portfolio and some advice on why his images aren't selling

This also includes warning the OP not to take the wrong advice.
And your advice was wrong, as so often.
Not surprisingly, your PF is not an example of good sales either. 

Your help is no help. The newbies who follow you on your way to "beautiful" photos should be aware of this. Without realizing that they are taking a detour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, geogif said:

This also includes warning the OP not to take the wrong advice.
And your advice was wrong, as so often.
Not surprisingly, your PF is not an example of good sales either. 

Your help is no help. The newbies who follow you on your way to "beautiful" photos should be aware of this. Without realizing that they are taking a detour.

i disagree, had OP captured that dead cockroach in flight coming off a cherry binging feast, he would have sold thousands,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the OP (and anyone else reading this):

One of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.  If someone is not getting sales, taking the "advice" of someone telling you to keep doing the same thing that has failed you up to this point is bad advice on their part, and an exercise in futility on yours.

Some people here like to disparage me and denigrate my work.  Maybe they have better sales than I do.  Maybe not.  The point is - even as they are loathe to admit - I do have sales, which is more than can be said of some people struggling here to achieve their first sale. Take any advice here you get with a grain of salt.  Look at the ports of people offering that advice, then do what you think is best for you.  

But the last thing you should ever do - if you want sales - is to take the advice of anyone telling you to keep doing what's failed you so far.

IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...