Hi! as the title say,, i am new here in shutterstock and i am excited to share my shots and earn at the same time, i am just an amateur or maybe not even an amateur, just a casual guy clicking away when ever i have my camera with me whenever i ma on vacation work or just outside.. on my first try, i uploaded 17 pictures and 8 of them passed, i am so happy that as a newbie photographer, my photos passed the taste and screening of professionals. i will try my best to make my shots better in order for me to share them to the world and earn some money on the sideline. i am not expecting to earn much or get a lot of downloads as some of you but sharing my work is my fulfillment. 

thank you so much!! 

congratulations on your achievement.

Note that this is not really a good place to have your work shared and viewed..  If the work doesn't sell it will just get buried under 300 million royalty-free images, stock footage clips, and music tracks. and never seen by anyone .  just making sure you understand.  people don't come to SS to view picture, they come to look for something that meets their needs..... 

17 hours ago, jean-francois.me said:

congratulations on your achievement.

Note that this is not really a good place to have your work shared and viewed..  If the work doesn't sell it will just get buried under 300 million royalty-free images, stock footage clips, and music tracks. and never seen by anyone .  just making sure you understand.  people don't come to SS to view picture, they come to look for something that meets their needs..... 

i understand how this works.. i also upload my photos in NatGeo.. thank you for your advice! 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:54 AM, Phil Lowe said:

Welcome!  This is my favorite image from your port:

stock-photo-a-breathtaking-sight-to-see-

It's got that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade look to it!  :)

Good luck!

i have more pictures from Petra that got rejected... they required model release for tourists that can not even be recognized.. they are just that strict.. now im just going to send photos of things and places and exclude all photos that are with human except for those that with releases.. 

18 minutes ago, deodeguzman said:

i have more pictures from Petra that got rejected... they required model release for tourists that can not even be recognized.. they are just that strict.. now im just going to send photos of things and places and exclude all photos that are with human except for those that with releases.. 

Submit them as editorial.  

7 hours ago, deodeguzman said:

i don't know how to as i am new here but ill try to research about it sir! thank you so much!

It's very simple.  Go to the Submit screen and click on your image you want to submit.  There is a Commercial or Editorial tab there above the Caption Description field.  Click Editorial, then follow the rules explained there for Caption Description.

12 hours ago, Phil Lowe said:

Submit them as editorial.  

Well the entrance ticket T&Cs do strictly ban commercial photography but thats not enforced on here :)

The way i managed petra was by taking a LOT of exposures and blending to remove the people.  The place is just too crowded otherwise.

You can get a head start by getting there at dawn and going full speed up to monstary before the day trippers have walked that far.  The problem with most of the site is that time of day its still in deep shadow due to the tall cliffs.

That said, its one of the most spectacular ancient places ive visited.  Its up there with Karnak.